Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   soft top question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/soft-top-question-92615.html)

kkabeach 05-06-2011 09:42 PM

soft top question

Hi everyone:wavey: I'm a new jeeper. I just bought my yellow 2011 Wrangler Sport w\ soft top last Saturday!:D I was wondering what is the best way to wash and take care of the top and windows? The top is down now but when it's up I want it to keep looking good. I know this hot Texas sun is not going to play nice. Thanks in advance for all your help.

jailguard 05-06-2011 10:03 PM

Dont roll or fold windows,will scratch n crease...ur in texas...leave the top off..lol..other then that have fun...enjoy

kattzoo 05-07-2011 07:06 AM

I'm in Ft. Worth (and have a 09 Yellow X). I used the 303 Aerospace Protectant and my top still looks brand new. I use it about one a month. I hang my windows in the bathroom when they'll be off for a period of time. Otherwise I used a cloverroll. (and they say you can leave your windows in there for long periods) Enjoy your Jeep! I know I am loving my top being down at the moment.

Austin Williams 05-07-2011 07:13 AM

When the Jeep gets washed I take a brush and lightly scrub the fabric with light soap and water. Then I clean the windows with a product called Plexus. It's designed specifically for plastic windows and plexiglass. I use it on my plane and have had no problems with it so far. I do not recommend household cleaners like Windex. Find something that's designed for the windows. As for taking the windows out, I simply drape them over a bar I have in the garage.

redirysae 05-07-2011 08:59 AM

I use Raggtopp convertible top cleaner,it's for fabric and vinyl. Spray on,work in with a soft brush,and rinse thoroughly! Then spray on Raggtopp vinyl protectant and wipe dry with a clean soft towel once a month for maximum uv protection. For the windows be very careful not to scratch them.The back window collects alot of road dirt during rainy weather,and requires careful attention to cleaning it since it is plastic. Lightly clean the three windows with a product recomended for plastic. No other chemicals should be used. I like Plexus myself, just remember be gentle when removing dirt or else you will find scratches!

shell 05-07-2011 10:29 AM

I also use the Raggtop cleaner & protectant for the soft top. I use the Novus plastic polish kit. It has worked wonders on my "new to me" 2008. I also don't roll the back window up if I'm using my sunrider. I just unzip it and let it flop in the cargo area. It's easier on the window and faster for me. At least until I take the top completely down when school's over.

kkabeach 05-07-2011 12:35 PM

What is a cloverroll? And thanks for all the info.

RB-10rubicon 05-07-2011 04:40 PM

X2 on 303 areospace i read so much about everyone using it and WOW im throwing everything else out

jwink41 05-07-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkabeach
What is a cloverroll? And thanks for all the info.

It's for storing your windows when you have them out. Here's a link:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/91109_100_07.htm

kkabeach 05-08-2011 12:34 AM

Thanks for the link. I don't think this will work for me. It's says from '87 to '06 mines a 2011. I will keep looking, now that I know what to look for.

FiveForFighting 05-08-2011 06:42 AM

The manufacturer also sells them directly throuh ebay. That's how I got mine (have a 2010 2-door). I am still trying to find a way to attach an extra piece of felt around the zipper before I roll it, though. Apparently Jeep changed the design slightly and the you have to be more careful now to avoid scratching when you roll. But this is a clever product, and I'm glad I bought it. Guy who sells them is a Jeeper and a real nice guy to deal with.

CLOVER PATCH WINDOW ROLL - JEEP WINDOW STORAGE 2DR JK | eBay

Masterdale 05-08-2011 06:47 AM

Good luck with the new Jeep...I thought Detonator Yellow was not available for 2011? Was this special order?

jk'n 05-08-2011 07:20 AM

For storing the windows I use the Mopar window storage bag. I've had it for almost three years and still happy with it. Got it at the dealer.

InfernoGirl 05-08-2011 09:40 AM

A free, easy to do method for storing the windows is to hang them with pants hangers that have the clothespin type clips.... We hang ours in the garage from those hangers and they're safe and out of the way. You can pull the top off and power wash it in the yard when it's really nasty, let it dry in the sun and it's fresh and good as new. Otherwise, do as suggested and 303 Aerospace, or similar (not Armorall:eek:) and Plexis...... :)

kkabeach 05-09-2011 08:43 PM

Masterdale they did stop makeing the yellow but I'm not sure when. This wasn't a special order. I was very lucky I got what I wanted :D. When I found out that they weren't making the yellow any longer I was a little heart broken. But, now I'm one happy jeeper!!!!!!!!!:rofl2:

kkabeach 05-13-2011 09:27 AM

Can someone one tell me where I can purchase 303 aerospace and plexus? I'v tried a couple of auto stores but know one carries it.

InfernoGirl 05-13-2011 09:35 AM

Look online. Most auto detailing places have them, and boat shops, spa shops etc..

mpurzyck 05-13-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkabeach (Post 1226141)
Thanks for the link. I don't think this will work for me. It's says from '87 to '06 mines a 2011. I will keep looking, now that I know what to look for.

I think this is the one you're looking for
Clover Patch 10-ST-9702 - Clover Patch Window Roll™ for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec
good for 07-11 JKs. I have one myself, works great. I'd suggest throwing it in the washer every now and then just to keep the fabric clean and free of dirt. Beats keeping the windows in the trunk, that's how they scratch...trust me!:facepalm: