Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   My new lift and tires are finally on (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/my-new-lift-and-tires-are-finally-on-92729.html)

Owen_TJ 05-07-2011 09:06 PM

My new lift and tires are finally on
 
Whats up everyone!!!

Well, i finally pulled the trigger and picked up a lift and tires...lift came in about 2 weeks ago but since the tires i wanted werent in stock, i had to order them and postpone putting the lift on!

Anyway, got her done today and i'm absolutely pumped with the result...

let me know what you think!

These were just some quick shots i took as soon as i got home...It was too hot this afternoon so i didnt get the wash and wax done, but i'll do that tomorrow and post more pics for sure!!!

Here we are!

Before

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SVT/Before.jpg

Now

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SVT/after2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SVT/after3.jpg

scgeek12 05-07-2011 09:07 PM

looks great!

GoldenSahara00 05-07-2011 09:25 PM

Much better! what lift/tires?

jrussblues 05-07-2011 09:29 PM

Looks great...im in the same boat. Just got mine back on the road today!

jrussblues 05-07-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues
Looks great...im in the same boat. Just got mine back on the road today!

After pic

RatherBNarizona 05-07-2011 09:32 PM

sweet! Looks a lot better

Owen_TJ 05-07-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scgeek12 (Post 1225817)
looks great!

Thanks man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1225848)
Much better! what lift/tires?

3" Zone suspension lift with Falken Rocky Mountain 32x11.5x15's

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues (Post 1225859)
After pic

Looks good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatherBNarizona (Post 1225865)
sweet! Looks a lot better

I agree...definitely worth the cash it took to do it! Couldnt be happier

rbloodhound 05-07-2011 09:46 PM

Congrats on the lift looks good.

GoldenSahara00 05-07-2011 09:52 PM

Very nice. I have the same lift as you then. except with 3/4 spacers up front and 33s instead. did you do the tcase drop?

98 wrangler 05-07-2011 09:52 PM

That red and black goes together like honeysuckle on a fence post! Looks great! ...........but it dont need wash/wax.

jrussblues 05-07-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen_TJ

Thanks man!

3" Zone suspension lift with Falken Rocky Mountain 32x11.5x15's

Looks good!

I agree...definitely worth the cash it took to do it! Couldnt be happier

How does the 3" zone ride/flex etc. Im thinking about getting one.

GoldenSahara00 05-07-2011 10:10 PM

It rides pretty well I would say. I would upgrade the shox, I have the stock and they are slightly stiff. but do fine for me. rides better than stock in my opinion. as for flex it is decent but I havent gotten it disconnected yet so, I have yet to comment on that. its not gona flex like a long arm thats for sure haha.

Owen_TJ 05-07-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1225908)
Very nice. I have the same lift as you then. except with 3/4 spacers up front and 33s instead. did you do the tcase drop?

I apparently had spacers up front (not in the rear for some reason) but yeah, i remember you saying you had the 3" kit. I got a little over 4" of lift with this on there...

i also LOVE these 32's and am glad i got these over the 33x12.5's

The 33's are nice but i like the gap i have now as well as how they're tucked under my flares (i'll post a pic)

Since i had a buddy put the kit on for me, i cant be 100% sure if he put the tcase drop on or not, but he gave me every part after the install and everything was used out of the zone kit so i'd go with a yes...i never actually checked, i was too excited haha

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SVT/afterr.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98 wrangler (Post 1225909)
That red and black goes together like honeysuckle on a fence post! Looks great! ...........but it dont need wash/wax.

I agree...absolutely love the combo!!! I'll get some nice pics taken tomorrow...

and yes it does need a wash and wax haha...clean up the windows and rims as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussblues (Post 1225913)
How does the 3" zone ride/flex etc. Im thinking about getting one.

I LOVE the ride...its much better than stock and handles great. I have absolutely zero regrets with this kit and would recommend it to anyone looking...

I personally dont think you need to upgrade the shocks but that could be just me...rides great

jrussblues 05-07-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen_TJ

I apparently had spacers up front (not in the rear for some reason) but yeah, i remember you saying you had the 3" kit. I got a little over 4" of lift with this on there...

i also LOVE these 32's and am glad i got these over the 33x12.5's

The 33's are nice but i like the gap i have now as well as how they're tucked under my flares (i'll post a pic)

Since i had a buddy put the kit on for me, i cant be 100% sure if he put the tcase drop on or not, but he gave me every part after the install and everything was used out of the zone kit so i'd go with a yes...i never actually checked, i was too excited haha

I agree...absolutely love the combo!!! I'll get some nice pics taken tomorrow...

and yes it does need a wash and wax haha...clean up the windows and rims as well!

I LOVE the ride...its much better than stock and handles great. I have absolutely zero regrets with this kit and would recommend it to anyone looking...

I personally dont think you need to upgrade the shocks but that could be just me...rides great

Your tcase skid was dropped.

Owen_TJ 05-07-2011 10:37 PM

ah, yes...lol...i did know this...my bad

but yeah, you can see the drop in the pics

rmburwell 05-07-2011 10:42 PM

looks nice! jelous ! lol

TnDz TJ 05-07-2011 11:33 PM

LOVE IT!! Are you running the SYE and dbl cardin shaft? If not.... any vibes to contend with? Thanks!!!!

Phil05LJ 05-07-2011 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's lookin good! Funny that you say it rides better than stock... My TJ had a BB on it and rode great, this Zone kit with the regular shocks that came with it seems stiffer, but not by much. I went with 33s and installed front flatty fenders, I doubt my OE fenders would have survived when flexed out when disconnected...

Owen_TJ 05-07-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnDz TJ (Post 1226052)
LOVE IT!! Are you running the SYE and dbl cardin shaft? If not.... any vibes to contend with? Thanks!!!!

I do not have an SYE or dbl cardin shaft...

i have zero vibes and havent noticed anything different than stock. I've had it on the highway, taken her on a couple light trails tonight, and normal street...no problems, no vibes, and perfect alignment

79Scout 05-07-2011 11:56 PM

Outstanding!!!! I'm looking at the same lift, but not for a while. In your case - wow - what a change!!!

GoldenSahara00 05-08-2011 09:37 AM

Lol yes you can see the drop in the one pic I was just too lazy to look, I was about to say something then saw you all already did. anyways, I have a ton of space with my 33s still, dont ask why. I think the stance is perfect. you probably had the spacers to deal with former sag in the front end.

You said you got 4 inches of lift. is that measured with your additional tire height or strictly life? I assume you mean both since you had them done at the same time. I gained about 3.5 inches initially on the springs/shocks and 1.5 from tires (32-29)divided by two =1.5 so 5 inches, settle out to about 4.5 in the rear and 5.25 in the front

TnDz TJ 05-08-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen_TJ (Post 1226078)
I do not have an SYE or dbl cardin shaft...

i have zero vibes and havent noticed anything different than stock. I've had it on the highway, taken her on a couple light trails tonight, and normal street...no problems, no vibes, and perfect alignment

Thanks.... I appreciate it!

Owen_TJ 05-08-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1226439)
Lol yes you can see the drop in the one pic I was just too lazy to look, I was about to say something then saw you all already did. anyways, I have a ton of space with my 33s still, dont ask why. I think the stance is perfect. you probably had the spacers to deal with former sag in the front end.

You said you got 4 inches of lift. is that measured with your additional tire height or strictly life? I assume you mean both since you had them done at the same time. I gained about 3.5 inches initially on the springs/shocks and 1.5 from tires (32-29)divided by two =1.5 so 5 inches, settle out to about 4.5 in the rear and 5.25 in the front

Nope, i meant just from lift...with the tires as well i'm sitting at exactly 5.5 inches of difference with the lift and tires vs the stock height. With just lift i was at 4 inches

GoldenSahara00 05-08-2011 08:12 PM

Hmm, well that suprising that you got 4 inches from the lift, and that you have no vibe problems at all. Has any settling occured at all? what was your tire size before?

Anyways if you gained 4 inches, and have no vibes and everything, then great!

Wrangler06 05-08-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 1227477)
Hmm, well that suprising that you got 4 inches from the lift, and that you have no vibe problems at all. Has any settling occured at all? what was your tire size before?

Anyways if you gained 4 inches, and have no vibes and everything, then great!

t case drop


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.