Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Rampage Products Framless Soft Top (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rampage-products-framless-soft-top-92922.html)

TJChris27 05-09-2011 07:46 AM

Rampage Products Framless Soft Top

Okay guys I have some graduation money and I'm looking in the rampage frameless soft top as described in the title. That being said I just got the smittybilt extended brief top and tonneau cover (guess I could just sell it together some money back). So first of all I've heard good remarks about my main areas of concern for the top (above the sound bar and difficulty of window removal). Second, as I have just graduated from college on Saturday I should be saving for my move, and the only purchase I told my girlfriend I would make is on a new soft top after I sold the motorcycle. But I found it incredibly cheap $329.99 shipped to my door! So any comments on the top or suggestions on good ways of convincing the lady would be greatly appreciated!

Jp90Talon 05-09-2011 07:57 AM

I have read several bad things about them including someone in my local club having the zipper rip off while installing it. I personally would look into a bestop trektop NX if you dont mind waiting a bit longer.

TJChris27 05-09-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon
I have read several bad things about them including someone in my local club having the zipper rip off while installing it. I personally would look into a bestop trektop NX if you dont mind waiting a bit longer.

I like bestop quality also but I really like the storage pockets offered on the top of the rampage top. I wish I could wait but I will be going to many job interviews starting later this week and showing up wet will not help me out lol. I've heard one or two zipper horror stories both of which happened upon I initial installation. I consulted rampage on this also and they said so long as you are careful and patient with it the first time it will be just fine. So I plan on being extremely careful that first time lol.

Also the girlfriend gave me the okay lol. She actually asked if I needed to borrow money for it I love her! I said no babe I'm fine on that end.
Jp also I apologize I accidentally hit report instead of quote how do I take it back?!? I'm very sorry still vetting used to the ipad2. If you know who pm for me to take it back I will do. Sorry again.

TJChris27 05-09-2011 09:08 AM

Taken care of, sorry again JP!

Duramaxxed 05-09-2011 09:12 AM

Problems with the Rampage are very Few.

I did ALOT of Research Before I got mine, and Decided a good Amount of Problems out there were Caused by Installer Error.

Just take your Time Installing it the First Time, and like they say, make sure it's atleast 65 and Sunny or Warmer when you Install it the First Time.

Don't be Afraid to take a Small Break while Installing to let it Sit In the Sun to Loosen Up / Stretch Out while you Install, and everything will be Good.

dmcg 05-09-2011 09:26 AM

Have you considered a SoftTopper? I've heard nothing but good about them

DevilDogDoc 05-09-2011 10:08 AM

Read this before you drop your money. Sailcloth soft top absorbs water? - JeepForum.com

Jp90Talon 05-09-2011 10:09 AM

Window storage is nice but I prefer the sailcloth, sunrider feature, and oem style mounting the bestop offers.

TJChris27 05-09-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc (Post 1228504)
Read this before you drop your money. Sailcloth soft top absorbs water? - JeepForum.com

WOW,
I read it and it did make me question it for a second but, that situation could have been handled a little better in many aspects. Theres always a bad story with anything that is produced, and i ordered through quadratec which i have never before had an issue with. That happens with many things sometimes you just get a defective unit or are the 1 in a 100,000 that something happens too. Heck i had reconstructive surgery on my right ear drum (at 12 years old) and i'm 1 in 450,000 that the surgery didn't go smoothly for lol (i'm now legally deaf in my right ear). For the price and how quickly i need it it will have to do for now. I did however do some further research and that same problem has happened with a bestop product before. In both cases it was rare, and i've seen more positive reviews than negative on rampage products and bestop products. I like them both only rampage is fitting the budget at this point in my life (hopefully this changes soon).

AOR 05-09-2011 01:15 PM

Let me know if I can help with your Rampage order, if you haven't already placed it. Free shipping on that top. $383.23 for regular and $446.01 for sailcloth.

Namaste,

Allen

TJChris27 05-14-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOR (Post 1228798)
Let me know if I can help with your Rampage order, if you haven't already placed it. Free shipping on that top. $383.23 for regular and $446.01 for sailcloth.

Namaste,

Allen

Sorry Allen i had ordered it already.

It is here! Looks awesome and cannot wait to get it on!! I need to wait for the door surrounds i bought off another member here to be shipped out though :( Then i will be all sealed up haha... I haven't had a non leaky jeep in years, and tinted windows to boot?!? I'm b=very excited to say the least. Will post up some before and after pics when i finally get it on!

joshbarb2 02-17-2012 06:07 AM

Sound bar

Hey i know this is an old post but how did your installation go with the sound bar? :D