Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   best place to buy 3" full traction lift (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/best-place-to-buy-3-full-traction-lift-9357.html)

4.0l sahara 07-08-2007 06:38 PM

best place to buy 3" full traction lift

Well Pretty soon I'm buying my 3" full traction lift. Where is the cheapest place to buy it?:D

mrbigjeep 07-08-2007 10:53 PM

northridge probably sells it pretty cheap...they usually have good prices

AzTJ 07-08-2007 11:48 PM

Northridge4x4 - $622.45 (includes shocks) + shipping
4x4Groupbuy - $614.75 (includes shocks) + shipping
4wheelonline - $579.95 (includes shocks) + shipping

4.0l sahara 07-09-2007 10:26 AM

I was going to buy procomp shocks but how do the fulltraction shocks ride?:)

AzTJ 07-09-2007 11:31 AM

I donno - I've heard that the Hydro ones are stiff and that thier M-Force once are pretty nice... havn't even really got any seat time with my RE TwinTubes yet.

Redrubicon2004 07-17-2007 10:11 PM

I am running the M-Force shocks, I am very happy with them. They are alot better than the hydros I had on there before.

BTW

The below image was taken from the Northridge4x4 website
http://northridge4x4.com/images/bann...EESHIPPING.jpg

That is a huge savings! He also price matches!

Scout 07-17-2007 10:19 PM

Northridge has had free shipping for quite some time now. I don't know about 4Wheel Online but I will say everytime I throw something in my cart over at 4x4 Groupbuy, and tack on the shipping, the price gets a little outrageous.

Find an online vendor who you can trust and stick with them. Even if they don't always have the cheapest prices. There's something to be said for being able to pick up the phone and talk to the owner of the place you ordered from.

HTH

Brian V 07-17-2007 10:23 PM

Sorry to jack....

Im looking at getting a 3" lift from www.BDS-suspenison.com
Would the kit listed above be better or should I stick with the BDS???

AzTJ 07-17-2007 11:10 PM

The Full traction kit is better - you get a new front track bar, which is highly recommended.

AzTJ 07-17-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 105867)
Find an online vendor who you can trust and stick with them. Even if they don't always have the cheapest prices. There's something to be said for being able to pick up the phone and talk to the owner of the place you ordered from.

If you bug Jason with an e-mail, like me, for a shipping quote, it will be different than what the site says. :D

But yes, finding someone and sticking to them is a good thing. Just don't know if I'll order from them again.

Joe Dirt 07-18-2007 12:40 AM

I run the 3" FT lift. It's OK for the money, but if I had to do it again I'd spend a little extra for a RE lift. The rear springs sagg in 2 yrs. The front trackbar is weak and I had to replace it. The instructions were written in China ARGG. The RE lift doesn't have these issues and comes with new control arms. Do it right the 1st time.

Redrubicon2004 07-18-2007 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 105867)

HTH

I spent about 5k at Northridge in the last year, David knows me by name :cool: He also knows my dad and brother by name:rolleyes:

Brian V 07-18-2007 07:24 AM

If you get the rubican express 3.5" kit will you have to get the sye and cv upgrades? Im personally trying to avoid this, thats why im thinking the bds 3" kit.

Scout 07-18-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrubicon2004 (Post 105952)
I spent about 5k at Northridge in the last year, David knows me by name :cool: He also knows my dad and brother by name:rolleyes:

I've dropped quite a bit of coin with David too. He even called me from SEMA last year when there was a problem with a couple of things I bought from him. I'd say that was mighty white of him. :D

Scout 07-18-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTJ (Post 105887)
If you bug Jason with an e-mail, like me, for a shipping quote, it will be different than what the site says. :D

But yes, finding someone and sticking to them is a good thing. Just don't know if I'll order from them again.

I never bothered with bugging him via email. Besides, I've found a new home for all my needs. :D

4.0l sahara 07-18-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt (Post 105901)
I run the 3" FT lift. It's OK for the money, but if I had to do it again I'd spend a little extra for a RE lift. The rear springs sagg in 2 yrs. The front trackbar is weak and I had to replace it. The instructions were written in China ARGG. The RE lift doesn't have these issues and comes with new control arms. Do it right the 1st time.

You are the only one i've heard complain about the ft kit everybody else seems to like it.:confused:

Redrubicon2004 07-18-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 105977)
I've dropped quite a bit of coin with David too. He even called me from SEMA last year when there was a problem with a couple of things I bought from him. I'd say that was mighty white of him. :D

HEHE, he has called me on his way home from wheeling, and at home. He will return calls, almost always answers, and has by far the best customer service I have ever delt with.

mrbigjeep 07-18-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian V (Post 105957)
If you get the rubican express 3.5" kit will you have to get the sye and cv upgrades? Im personally trying to avoid this, thats why im thinking the bds 3" kit.

2" coil, 1" body?

cheap, no sye/cv, don't need new control arms or trackbar, looks great, drives great, performs great.

just a suggestion.

tazmann910 07-18-2007 04:01 PM

I got my 3" full traction kit from 4wd.com, they price match anyone out there...just do your homework. You can buy your shocks from anyone. I got the Skyjacker Nitros and they are a little stiff, but are great on the trails. If you have any questions on the Full Traction kit just let me know. I installed the kit back in march.

Joe Dirt 07-18-2007 09:06 PM

I'm not saying it's a bad lift, just that you get what you pay for. I paid $550 and got my money worth. But, I soon out grew it. For $850 I could have gotten a more complete and stronger kit. I ended up buying those additional parts later on and ended up paying much more than it would have cost me to do it right the 1st time. I know very few Jeepers that stay satisfied with what they have. Think ahead to what you want 10 yrs from now and buy stuff strong and complete enough to handle your next level of wheeling fun. Good luck.

bruce p 07-22-2007 09:21 AM

I started looking at lifts and ended up at the same place as this guy. "Cheap" and lift just did not seem to go together. I would save your money and do it right, one time. Once this guy replaces his TB and springs, he could have bought the RE and still have $ left over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt (Post 105901)

bruce p 07-22-2007 09:24 AM

He's NOT the only one I have heard complain. The spring sag is more common than you may know. I would pay attention to those folks who have run a lift for 2 years- it's much more meaningful than advice from someone who put it on 2 months ago. I think David at Northridge is well aware of the spring sag issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.0l sahara (Post 106011)
You are the only one i've heard complain about the ft kit everybody else seems to like it.:confused:

bruce p 07-22-2007 09:32 AM

Are you sure you can avoid it with just a 3" lift? I had vibes with a 2" BB and a D44. Then I lowered the t-case to eliminate the vibes. Six washers later on each bolt, I had given back a fair amount of the lift I had just installed. I am not sure what the point was. I would be concerned with dropping my t-case even further with a 3" lift.

Also, it seems like many of the serious traill repairs I see involve rigs, say with D35 rear ends and 35" tires or drive shaft problems caused by "smaller" lifts and no CV/SYE installed. My way of saying I would save my $ and do it right once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian V (Post 105957)

Triple88a 07-22-2007 03:02 PM

i called northridge they said the ft with hydros rides softer than stock... quadratec also sells it for 580.. with 44 shipping (to my house) it ends up just as much as it costs from northridge w/ free shipping.. i was also told northridge is on backorder for them.

4.0l sahara 07-22-2007 03:18 PM

I think i'll get the hydros instead of the procomp shocks.:)

Joe Dirt 07-22-2007 09:25 PM

The FT shocks are much better than the Procrap..I've run both. The best mod i've ever done was my SYE. Save up and get it!

4.0l sahara 07-22-2007 09:36 PM

I think over the winter i'll get a sye-cv,rear tracbar.

Triple88a 07-22-2007 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.0l sahara (Post 107577)
I think over the winter i'll get a sye-cv,rear tracbar.

how about a 3 link setup and remove the track bar?:wavey:

4.0l sahara 07-22-2007 09:44 PM

can you do that with out a welder because I don't have a welder right now.:)

mrbigjeep 07-22-2007 09:46 PM

yes. there is a bolt on style truss that goes in between the rear diff cover.