Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   wally world sells mopar!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/wally-world-sells-mopar-94058.html)

gooseofdeuce 05-16-2011 10:21 PM

wally world sells mopar!!

Got into an argument with the girlfriend tonight, plus I'm off work for anigjt shift rotation. Didn't feel like hanging around for the cold shoulder while she watched the 90 minute season premier of the over privileged house wives in jersey so I decided to go home. Figured what better time to do some preventive maintainance on the jeep. Picked up some valvoline and was gonna settle with fram when I saw MOPAR oil filters, scooped one up and some anti freeze, and now I'm spending time with the one who doesn't give me grief, ever!

Hammerwalk 05-16-2011 10:29 PM

Haha right on. But do everyone a favor. Skip Wally world and support the local parts store. I go out of my way to get my filters and such from local stores instead of Wally world.

gooseofdeuce 05-16-2011 10:39 PM

I normally would but all the parts stored here close a 9pm, last resort. Had my jeep 3 years, just now finding out what filters they carry.

DAMSTR8 05-16-2011 10:40 PM

X2 on supporting the locals. I feel your pride.

jeepers29 05-16-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerwalk (Post 1244156)
Haha right on. But do everyone a favor. Skip Wally world and support the local parts store. I go out of my way to get my filters and such from local stores instead of Wally world.

X2 Hate the place!:D

flyin-lowe 05-17-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooseofdeuce (Post 1244178)
I normally would but all the parts stored here close a 9pm, last resort. Had my jeep 3 years, just now finding out what filters they carry.

Your changing your oil at 10PM? You should have just waited until morning and buy the filter locally.

KP Texan 05-17-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyin-lowe (Post 1244720)
Your changing your oil at 10PM? You should have just waited until morning and buy the filter locally.

Hey, take it easy on the guy! Sometimes the wife just hammers on me until I need to go and do something else in order to let myself cool down....if that something happens to be changing my oil at 10pm then so be it. :D

I don't prefer wal-mart either but, unfortunately, it's the only option at times.... how many of you guys buy your oil at wal-mart rather than a local parts store?? Can you pass up the crazy deals on synthetics (if you run them) there as opposed to the local stores? Also, I'll let you in on a little secret: oil is so cheap at wal-mart that some of the small local stores buy their oil there and resell it. Trust me, my good friend owns a small local store!

-Wes

Shelby427 05-17-2011 10:12 AM

Umm, I know for a fact Advance will "price match" anyone's advertised price.
Helps to know these things.

It's built right into their computer system.

Yeah I work there part time. Money sucks but discounts are nice.

spyder98 05-17-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelby427 (Post 1244867)
Umm, I know for a fact Advance will "price match" anyone's advertised price.
Helps to know these things.

It's built right into their computer system.

Yeah I work there part time. Money sucks but discounts are nice.

They dont price them thats for sure ive tried many times...They tell me theres no way they can compete with their prices as they buy in bulk

coolbreeze 05-17-2011 10:27 AM

Good for you. Do you have the 4.0? What number filter?

Shelby427 05-17-2011 10:49 AM

Yep our 97 is a 4.0

And yep, Mopar filter is part # MO-090 at Advance.

If you want a different brand, take a look at the list.

Advance Auto Parts: Search Results for oil filter

deathphoenix99 05-17-2011 10:50 AM

Sometimes it's hard to support local sellers when there's not too many options out there. I'm not talking about here, but back home, there's not too much other than a walmart.

TJ Kyle 05-17-2011 10:58 AM

Also, unless this has recently changed, because of how wal-mart buys their oil they must charge tax on it... your local independant does not.

kjeeper10 05-17-2011 11:03 AM

Supporting locals? Ha.. Um... I support my own pocket!!!!

KP Texan 05-17-2011 11:11 AM

Also, when I think local stores, I'm thinking about small independents (there are a few in my area that my company buys from). These small independents don't include, Vato Zone, Oreilly's, Advance, or Pep Boys. There are a few chains that the stores can either be independently owned or owned by the company such as Carquest and maybe NAPA (not sure).

-Wes

TJ Kyle 05-17-2011 12:44 PM

you are correct wes

jcf 05-17-2011 12:50 PM

Here in Moab we have 4 parts stores & NO Walmart, we really need to get a Walmart so the other stores have some competition with prices, things can be to expensive

kfdjason7620 05-17-2011 01:04 PM

Idk if it was a screw up but Wally world here in NC had Mobil 1 7500 mile oil in 5 qt jugs for $11, supposed to been $26

Hammerwalk 05-17-2011 01:19 PM

Call me odd, but I LOVE not having a Walmart with in 12 miles of me. I understand savings and I understand what they have done for people by slashing prices. But I have also seen entire communities wither and die because a Walmart moves in, even when people don't want it to, and it kills small businesses.

My wifey loves to shop there, but I hate to. Soon enough there will be a wallmart every few miles, no small businesses, and all of a sudden we are sold only what Walmart wishes to sell us.

Have you noticed lately that when you go in to Walmart, you only have a few brands to choose from? That because they have replaced all the other options with great value brand. Then you start to never notice what other brands are out there. Then you get in the habit of buying only what they want you to buy, next thing you know, other companies go away, and all that is left is a bunch of underpaid Walmart employees, dried up towns, and two options for your shopping enjoyment.

I would just like to see more Ma and Pop shops at corners of small towns instead of a Walmart every other block.

Ill stop ranting. No ones opinion is better than an other, but for some odd reason, I loath Walmart for what it is. A spreading cancer.

So very sorry, I'll quit ranting now.

coolbreeze 05-17-2011 01:44 PM

I spent most of my life and all my money supporting mom & pop businesses in rural areas. Even when Wally came west, there wasn't one within a 150 miles of my house.
Now I live in a town with plenty of shopping and I enjoy not paying retail plus 70% for everything :wavey:

gooseofdeuce 05-17-2011 07:11 PM

I was changing my oil at 10 pm because I've been on 12 hour night shifts lately, my sleep is all screwed up anyway. I also did a coolant flush from about 11pm till 1am till I watched the killing of bin laden on military channel.... I have a concrete carport and a worklight, plus weather was good. Y not at 10 pm? Tonight, maybe transmission service?!

Mr_RPM 05-17-2011 07:28 PM

I don't even know of a small private auto shop in my area, either auto zone kind of shops or wal-mart.

I find my meijer has cheap oil

just4fun 05-17-2011 07:40 PM

I buy most of my oil and filters from walmart and most of my other car care stuff from them also. I buy from them cause its cheaper and im already there buying grocerys for the house. There is no mom and pop auto parts around me just a napa and autozone. And for break pads and water pumps its a toss up cause they sell junk