Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Rhino lining fender flares (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/rhino-lining-fender-flares-94145.html)

Effisimo 05-17-2011 03:09 PM

Rhino lining fender flares
 
Ive read somewhere of guys rhino lining the fender flares on their jeeps. Im so tired of the worn look of mine, and I was thinking of lining them. Does anyone have pictures of their jeeps with rhino lining on the flares?

sandfox4 05-17-2011 09:39 PM

no pics but i have sprayed a couple of sets with duplicolor tr250 aerosol bed liner/texture coat, it looks great , and sticks like crazy, i sprayed it on a junk one then scraped it against all kinds of stuff ,held up great, on the final 2 coats, hold it back away 12-14 inches to get a fine texture, and a even shine,:thumb:

Wrangler06 05-17-2011 09:44 PM

i sprayed mine with the duplicolor but only did one coat and it peeled off after washing mud off them, im sure it would work good with multiple coats but i lined the whole inside of my tub with the brush on rustoleum liner and used some lefterover and just brushed it on my fenders..looks awesome and is holdin up very well ;]

jeepmonkey06 05-18-2011 06:10 PM

I used bumper clad and coating. It works great, plus it guaranteed for life.

Shelby427 05-18-2011 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ditto used the DupliColor spray bomb stuff. 4 light coat, an hour in the 90 degree sun and I installed em. And I tested em good during the install. Banged off stuff, dropped one, and so on. Not a mark.:thumb:

Liked it so much I did the back of the tub with it. German Shepherd and Black Lab. Nary a mark, and it gives them good grip instead of sliding around.;)



here you go, ours with em done. Note the white mark on the rear is cigarette ashes. LOL!

jeepmonkey06 05-18-2011 08:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Before and after

Phil05LJ 05-18-2011 09:37 PM

Don't use Herculiner on the flares, that stuff is junk, it fades and flakes off. I had to learn that the hard way.

kjeeper10 05-18-2011 10:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil05LJ
Don't use Herculiner on the flares, that stuff is junk, it fades and flakes off. I had to learn that the hard way.

Prep is key. I tried the dupli on my chrome
grill overlay. I sand blasted the snot out of it and it still did not bond. I stripped and primed like I should of in the first place and then used this "wrinkle paint" we use at work to coat airplane parts. Better than any bed liner and looks great.

GoldenSahara00 05-18-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1248984)
Prep is key. I tried the dupli on my chrome
grill overlay. I sand blasted the snot out of it and it still did not bond. I stripped and primed like I should of in the first place and then used this "wrinkle paint" we use at work to coat airplane parts. Better than any bed liner and looks great.


where did you get that overlay and how much?

kjeeper10 05-18-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

where did you get that overlay and how much?

Well, the overlay itself is Mopar. their Like $200 now. Chrome was in when I bought it 10 yrs ago :)

Effisimo 05-19-2011 12:11 PM

Thanks for the replies! The pictures look great

GoldenSahara00 05-19-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1249046)
Well, the overlay itself is Mopar. their Like $200 now. Chrome was in when I bought it 10 yrs ago :)

I just wanted one so I could bedline it, so I didnt have to bedline my grill ;)

kjeeper10 05-19-2011 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00

I just wanted one so I could bedline it, so I didnt have to bedline my grill ;)

Gotcha there. I had minor rust spots underneath on the grill and I was going to just paint it, but a friend had the idea for me to just do the overlay itself.

You might get lucky if you try ebay or Craigslist for a used one. If it's rusted and kind of beat up it won't matter because the bedliner will cover it :)

arcountryboy 05-19-2011 02:49 PM

Duplicolor spray on bed liner, scuff the really good with a scotch bright pad and apply 4-6 light coats. Mine has yet to peel off.


http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../jeeptire1.jpg

GoldenSahara00 05-19-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1250136)
Gotcha there. I had minor rust spots underneath on the grill and I was going to just paint it, but a friend had the idea for me to just do the overlay itself.

You might get lucky if you try ebay or Craigslist for a used one. If it's rusted and kind of beat up it won't matter because the bedliner will cover it :)

yeah, see a guy drilled 4 holes in my grill and put 4 screws in to hold on a grill cover. but left the holes bare metal, which grew into rust... ;( its not too noticable yet but getting worse. also there is overspray of black paint on it from only the Lord knows where... I eventually will have it bedlined, painted black, or repainted original colors. but its on a big list of to do's


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.