Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/)
-   -   Wanted: Wrangler in Upstate NY $3500 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f135/wanted-wrangler-in-upstate-ny-3500-a-9425.html)

steveshra 07-11-2007 08:22 AM

Wanted: Wrangler in Upstate NY $3500

Hey Guys,
I am looking for a Jeep in good condition to have as a toy and to learn to do a little bit of work on. Ideally, I am looking for a CJ or YJ close to Albany/Schenectady NY without too much rust, minimal frame rust (surface rust expected in NY), automatic trans preferred but not necessary, and street ready without too much work. 4 and 6 cyl both considered. I am looking at around $3,500, but could be flexible either way for the right vehicle. I also have a '99 Ford Contour that I could trade if the Jeep is a reliable daily driver, but I am not looking to trade and pay $3,500.

Let me know if you have anything available!:cool:

Thanks!

Steve

gtchief 07-11-2007 09:04 AM

Steve,
I have my '89 for sale and am located about 3 hours from albany; I'm near scranton. I got this as a toy and am now looking to build a house. I use it as a daily driver instead of my truck, but have had it on short highway trips(about an hour). Check the for sale section for details and pics. It seems like what I"m selling is pretty close to what your looking for. Let me know if you're interested at all and we'll see what we can arrange so you could check it out.

steveshra 07-11-2007 09:16 AM

Looks like a nice Jeep. My concern is that with it being an '89 with 140k that it may not be a reliable daily driver for long before there are some serious engine problems. It I can't depend on it as a daily driver I need to keep my Ford Contour (unfortunately), so I have a little less cash available. Would you consider $3,000?

Thanks!
Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtchief (Post 101918)
Steve,
I have my '89 for sale and am located about 3 hours from albany; I'm near scranton. I got this as a toy and am now looking to build a house. I use it as a daily driver instead of my truck, but have had it on short highway trips(about an hour). Check the for sale section for details and pics. It seems like what I"m selling is pretty close to what your looking for. Let me know if you're interested at all and we'll see what we can arrange so you could check it out.

gtchief 07-11-2007 10:00 AM

$3,000 isnt possible; the jeep has no rot and minimal rust. The engine has been running great and doesnt seem to be leaking any oil though. From what I thought I've heard the 258s are a pretty long running engine.

intrnlstorm 07-26-2007 11:12 PM

I have one for you in Schenectady! I might be asking a little more than you wanted to spend but maybe we can work something out? I wanted $5000 but need the money for a trip that I'm taking. Maybe I can be talked down to ~$4000 if there is cash in hand? I just don't want to go through the effort of putting this on ebay or craigslist or something.

I rebuilt it this year (between Jan & June) It is a 1989 with a full frame off restoration and paint.

- Solid reinforced frame
- Only 85,000 Miles on solid engine
- 5 Speed
- New Radiator
- New brakes, front and rear
- New Body Mounts
- New Muffler
- 1.5" Shackle Lift
- 31" tires
- Round brake lights counter sunk in rear of Jeep
- Rhino Lined interior (Carpet if needed)
- Full Doors
- Hard Top (No back window though)
- Soft top (Rough Shape)
- Bikini Top (Brand new)

I have pictures or you can stop over to take a look. let me know. I can be reached though PM or email and I will give you my Phone number there.

Joel

JEScism@Hotmail.com

orange05tj 07-29-2007 10:32 PM

I was up in Scumnectedy this weekend. Anyone seen the green lifted YJ? I think its off Consaul Road.

steveshra 08-07-2007 02:51 PM

Changing What I'm looking for

Now that I have re-learned how to drive stick, I would prefer a manual transmission over the automatic... I'm still looking so let me know if you have anything!

steveshra 08-22-2007 10:00 PM

No longer looking, got a CJ5!! Check out my posts on the CJ forum for more info and pics1