Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2012 Wrangler & June 2nd (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2012-wrangler-and-june-2nd-94698.html)

ndrugby 05-21-2011 08:08 AM

2012 Wrangler & June 2nd

June 2nd is not too far away, although the time seems to be crawling. Let's hear what everyone who's thinking of getting a 2012 thinks, wants, is hoping for. Here we go:

1) When are you thinking of getting one? - Custom order on June 2nd? Wait a bit then order? Wait until they are on lot, etc
2) What model and transmission?
3) What color do you want and what do you think the odds are of them making it in that color? Do you have a second color in mind
4) What options/features from 2011 line do you hope they have so you can order them?
5) What new options/features are you hoping/wishing they would add so you could order them?

Mine:
1) June 2nd, first moment possible :)
2) Rubicon, Manual
3) Detonator Yellow 50/50, secondary: hoping for a dark blue or a "real" green
4) Half Doors and soft top (or maybe full doors, dual top, power convenience and half doors from Mopar ordered at same time, undecided), Deep Tint, Towing package, connectivity group
5) Tan/Camel cloth interior (awesome with blue or green), camel/spice soft top color

ecardinal 05-21-2011 09:12 AM

1. June 2nd, pending pics and specs are revealed at a prior date
2. Sport S, Manual
3. Red or Silver
4. I just want the tow package, locking diff, power group, tint and Infinity audio
5. HIDs would be nice (have them on my 350z and can't live without them now)

kev324 05-21-2011 12:11 PM

I have been waiting to order a 2012. I am just wondering where you got the June 2nd date. Could you offer any more info? Do you expect to have to pay MSRP? If it means saving $1k, I'll wait 6 months.

pat@fieldsauto.com 05-21-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev324 (Post 1253494)
I have been waiting to order a 2012. I am just wondering where you got the June 2nd date. Could you offer any more info? Do you expect to have to pay MSRP? If it means saving $1k, I'll wait 6 months.

June 2nd came from me, got the news thru one of my reps. find my banner, get a tread lightly control number and pay 2% under invoice. Pretty easy quick deal.

Barrier 05-21-2011 12:19 PM

Thanks for the info Pat.
Do you know if the Tread Lightly discount applies
to Leases as well ?
Barrier

pat@fieldsauto.com 05-21-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrier (Post 1253507)
Thanks for the info Pat.
Do you know if the Tread Lightly discount applies
to Leases as well ?
Barrier

The control number is good cash, finance or lease.

seelye 05-21-2011 12:45 PM

pat,,wish i would have met you before i bought my wrangler..even though i ended up with a quite cool dealer,,i didnt get my free cash..lol...ur a good dude to do this on a forum!!

pat@fieldsauto.com 05-21-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seelye (Post 1253539)
pat,,wish i would have met you before i bought my wrangler..even though i ended up with a quite cool dealer,,i didnt get my free cash..lol...ur a good dude to do this on a forum!!

Thanks, slowly but surely I will change everyones perception of dealers and Jeep as a manufacturer:) I'm not saying all dealers stink, but I think we all can agree that that's the overall consensus before we even walk into a dealership. And if I can help someone out after they have bought their Jeep and get them the right info that the dealer/manufactuer hasn't gotten to them then the overall satisfaction goes up as well. And we all know satisfied customers are loyal customers. Seems simple, wish more people would get onboard with that.

ndrugby 05-21-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1253569)
Thanks, slowly but surely I will change everyones perception of dealers and Jeep as a manufacturer:) I'm not saying all dealers stink, but I think we all can agree that that's the overall consensus before we even walk into a dealership. And if I can help someone out after they have bought their Jeep and get them the right info that the dealer/manufactuer hasn't gotten to them then the overall satisfaction goes up as well. And we all know satisfied customers are loyal customers. Seems simple, wish more people would get onboard with that.

Amen to that. You definitely get it. I wish more dealers thought that way. I actually got a good referral from this site to a dealer near me who seems awesome. He's not on the web interacting, but he was willing to share tons of info with me, even offered to sell me half doors at wholesale with the purchase of the vehicle if I choose to get both sets. I didn't even ask and he offered that.

I haven't been on here long, but I quickly learned that Pat is the man.

Pat - You can apply the treadlightly deal to a custom build too right? No rules around that I hope.

ndrugby 05-21-2011 01:49 PM

Pat - one more, sorry. I thought I read on treadlightly it was 1% below Invoice, you said 2%. Can you clarify/confirm? Thanks again for all the help info. It is much appreciated.

pat@fieldsauto.com 05-21-2011 02:00 PM

You can use the TL # on an order. It is 1% of invoice under invoice, but the dealer gets back 2% of invoice. So my deal is I pass on the full 2%. So that way I end up back at invoice not over invoice. It's an easy deal with no bs, no games no back and forth.

ndrugby 05-21-2011 02:14 PM

OK. Check me on this and tell me if I've got this right (if you don't mind and have the time). Here's my understanding of how the process works (regardless of TL). take this example.

2011 Rubi
MSRP $32,855
Invoice $31,221

Jeep has a 3% Dealer Holdback, and that's off MSRP.

Holdback - $998.55 (.03*32,855)

The amount the dealer gets of the holdback is dependent on how long it is before they sell the car on the lot. So, let's take a custom order, the dealer will hold the car for almost no time. So conceivably they get the full amount. Almost $1000, and that gives the consumer almost $1000 in wiggle room BELOW invoice to play with.

In your case, you are suggesting that you will make it 2% off MSRP (I think is what you meant to say, but not sure, because you typed invoice twice there and it confused me) below invoice, and you still make a tiny bit and the consumer walks away with a deal without even haggling.

That means in this case, you would offer this price:
$30,553 (31,221-(.02*32,855))

or did you mean 2% off invoice, in which case it is:
$30,596.58 (.98*31,221)

It's not a big spread, just interested in understanding. Thanks!

basecamper 05-21-2011 03:47 PM

2012 Rubicon
Red or blue - hope the dark blue comes back not a fan of the current blue
Auto
Nav radio
Trailer tow
Freedom top
Auto air
Uconnect
I would really like the push botton start my wife's 2011 grand Cherokee has

pakrfan19 05-21-2011 04:46 PM

1. June 2nd (or as soon as I can get to a dealership thereafter), order of course.
2. Rubicon, auto.
3. Natural Green or Silver.
4. Trailer Tow Group, Connectivity Group, Heated Black Cloth Seats, Media Center 430N, 3 Piece Freedom Top, Remote Start, A/C w/Temp Control.
5. HIDs would be nice, Slush Mats as part of original purchase would be good too. Oh and one more, black leather would be a plus (I don't really care for the Dark Saddle, JMO).

@ ndrugby: Amen to time crawling!! Ever since Pat told us about June 2nd, I am absolutely obsessed.

@ Pat: What did you mean, "find my banner"? How do I get this TL #? How long is the TL# good for, any expiration? I would love to be armed with this when I go order!! I see you are close to Chicago. My sister lives there and we could visit, pick up the Jeep and drive home. Do you take orders from people in Nevada?

Thanks in advance for the info!!

Meatco1 05-21-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1253501)
June 2nd came from me, got the news thru one of my reps. find my banner, get a tread lightly control number and pay 2% under invoice. Pretty easy quick deal.

2% under factory invoice, or 2% under MSRP invoice??

If it's 2% under factory, I'll fly up there to pick one up!

Respects,

Richard

ndrugby 05-21-2011 06:06 PM

Treadlightly link: http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/chrysler_discount

Meatco u get 1% below factory with TL do I assume Pat meant 2% below factory.

pat@fieldsauto.com 05-21-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndrugby (Post 1253607)
OK. Check me on this and tell me if I've got this right (if you don't mind and have the time). Here's my understanding of how the process works (regardless of TL). take this example.

2011 Rubi
MSRP $32,855
Invoice $31,221

Jeep has a 3% Dealer Holdback, and that's off MSRP.

Holdback - $998.55 (.03*32,855)

The amount the dealer gets of the holdback is dependent on how long it is before they sell the car on the lot. So, let's take a custom order, the dealer will hold the car for almost no time. So conceivably they get the full amount. Almost $1000, and that gives the consumer almost $1000 in wiggle room BELOW invoice to play with.

In your case, you are suggesting that you will make it 2% off MSRP (I think is what you meant to say, but not sure, because you typed invoice twice there and it confused me) below invoice, and you still make a tiny bit and the consumer walks away with a deal without even haggling.

That means in this case, you would offer this price:
$30,553 (31,221-(.02*32,855))

or did you mean 2% off invoice, in which case it is:
$30,596.58 (.98*31,221)

It's not a big spread, just interested in understanding. Thanks!

2% of invoice under invoice not msrp. And you are right, at 3% its roughly 900 to 1000 in holdback. I give 2% if you have a TL/Affiliate/friends&family control number. So you would pay somewhere around 500 to 700 under invoice.

Invoice 31221. With the TL # you pay 1% of that under invoice =312.21 As a dealer we get back 2% of invoice= 624.42 So as a dealer I would break out a few hundred over invoice. I give the full 2% under invoice so I keep all of the holdback, you as a consumer get a few hundred dollar better deal. And you didn't even have to negotiate. So like I said, it's an easy no bs deal.

31221 invoice
-624.42 2% under

hope this helps

ndrugby 05-21-2011 06:46 PM

Pat - that helps a ton. Thanks much.

pat@fieldsauto.com 05-21-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatco1 (Post 1253840)
2% under factory invoice, or 2% under MSRP invoice??

If it's 2% under factory, I'll fly up there to pick one up!

Respects,

Richard

It is 2% under invoice and I'll pick you up at the airport!

AgtSunshine 05-21-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndrugby (Post 1253222)
June 2nd is not too far away, although the time seems to be crawling. Let's hear what everyone who's thinking of getting a 2012 thinks, wants, is hoping for. Here we go:

1) When are you thinking of getting one? - Custom order on June 2nd? Wait a bit then order? Wait until they are on lot, etc
2) What model and transmission?
3) What color do you want and what do you think the odds are of them making it in that color? Do you have a second color in mind
4) What options/features from 2011 line do you hope they have so you can order them?
5) What new options/features are you hoping/wishing they would add so you could order them?

Great thread!

1. I plan on communicating with 3 specific dealers in Metro Detroit plus Pat @ Fields in ORD (will require $75 train ticket from Ann Arbor) starting Thursday 6/2 to evaluate best source to purchase from. All of the candidate dealers are approved BOA dealers thus waiving the $250 loan app fee.

On Friday 6/3, the dealer will be selected and an order will be placed.

2. 2 door Rubicon. Manual.

3. Bring back the dark grey that had in 2010!! If not, white, mango, or black. As far as 'odds', who the hell knows?

4. Options: Power group, hard top (might go dual), cloth seats (black) deep tint windows, towing, connectivity, standard radio. If anything new is coming up, we'll see.

5. I DO NOT WANT AWD!! I'm a fully grown adult and can choose for myself when I want all four wheels a pullin' FU very much. :banghead:

A driver-side fender-mounted GAU 17/A would be nice! :punk:

ndrugby 05-21-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgtSunshine (Post 1254234)
A driver-side fender-mounted GAU 17/A would be nice! :punk:

Ha! My buddy kept trying to convince me to buy a COD package Rubi with a turret mounted in the back.

bjbadger 05-22-2011 08:48 AM

what exactly can we do June 2nd? I thought specs and pricing won't be out until late July?

ndrugby 05-22-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjbadger
what exactly can we do June 2nd? I thought specs and pricing won't be out until late July?

First day that dealers can start ordering 2012 Wranglers. Pat, a dealer, found out through one of his reps.

Meatco1 05-22-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsJeep (Post 1254203)
It is 2% under invoice and I'll pick you up at the airport!

Hello Pat:

2% off factory invoice works for me!

If you will send me a copy of your onsite (or soon to arrive) inventory of 2 door, 2011 Wrangler Rubicons, with 6 speed manual trannys, I will see if you have one that works for me.

PM on the way.

Respects,

Richard

demarpaint 05-22-2011 11:01 AM

Nice, I'll be ready in December. Rubicon here I come.:thumb:

Wrangler2012 05-22-2011 12:12 PM

I've never ordered a vehicle since I've always been able to find what I wanted at my local dealers. Even if they didn't have it on their lot, somebody in the area did. When I almost pulled the trigger on a 2011, they were able to find me exactly what I wanted in the yard at the factory and had it here a couple of days later.

basecamper 05-22-2011 01:25 PM

I'm the opposite I think I have ordered about half my vehicles the latest being my wives 2011 Grand Cherokee. For me I would rather get exactly what I want even if I have to wait which on her GC we did for about 3 months.

demarpaint 05-22-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basecamper (Post 1254900)
I'm the opposite I think I have ordered about half my vehicles the latest being my wives 2011 Grand Cherokee. For me I would rather get exactly what I want even if I have to wait which on her GC we did for about 3 months.

I agree, I have the time. Does the 2% under invoice deal apply to vehicles ordered, or only to inventory?

Wrangler2012 05-22-2011 03:23 PM

Something I've always wondered about ordering a vehicle is how a trade is handled. Do you agree on a trade in price at the time you place the order or when the vehicle arrives? It would suck to order a vehicle and then have the dealer try to screw you over on the trade value as they dangle your new Jeep in front of you.

basecamper 05-22-2011 03:55 PM

I usaully order the vehicle and write the deal without the trade then once I have a ship date I will put the vehicle up for sale. If I can sell it out right great if not I trade it in. You will never get the money on a trade you will on selling it out right but it does reduce the hassle factor and you do save some on taxes at least here in MN. When we got or GC in December the dealer offered me about $3000 less than I wanted for my trade after some negotiation and figuring in the tax savings we got within $800 so I did the deal. I will tell you this my trade was on their lot for several months so i'm thinking I may have been a little proud of my low mileage trade :)

As far as getting a deal on an ordered vehicle I have had no problem getting a great deal. I use the employee buying plan through my company. I got our GC for 1% under invoice and 4.29% financing.