Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Daystar dash panel failed (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/daystar-dash-panel-failed-95138.html)

Barticus 05-24-2011 07:04 AM

Daystar dash panel failed

I took my Daystar dash panel off of my Jeep to transfer it to a different one and the screw channels that hold the compass module are broken (split open.) Has anyone else had this problem?

I emailed someone at Daystar a few days ago but haven't heard back from them yet.

Do they warranty these?

daggo66 05-24-2011 07:38 AM

I would imagine they will take car of it. Those screws should just be snugged, not over tightened.

clear lake jeepn 05-25-2011 01:52 PM

it may have been pissed to have been designed for a Jeep..then have to have a "Compass Module" sitting on top of it. I am thinking it felt somewhat emasculated and broke just for the hell of it??? Let me guess....this same jeep has Full hard doors with power windows and locks...and a hardtop?? HAHA..just being a smart a$$

the Kolector 05-25-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clear lake jeepn (Post 1261526)
it may have been pissed to have been designed for a Jeep..then have to have a "Compass Module" sitting on top of it. I am thinking it felt somewhat emasculated and broke just for the hell of it??? Let me guess....this same jeep has Full hard doors with power windows and locks...and a hardtop?? HAHA..just being a smart a$$

Whats wrong with full hard doors, power windows/locks and a hard top??:D

clear lake jeepn 05-25-2011 02:17 PM

nothing at all if your wife carries your sack in her purse everyday!!!

ZOMB1E 05-25-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clear lake jeepn
nothing at all if your wife carries your sack in her purse everyday!!!

^^This is what a sexually frustrated man sounds like :rofl:

clear lake jeepn 05-26-2011 09:46 AM

u so used to talking to sexually frustrated men that u can pick one out of a crowd because he is more of a purist jeeper that thinks anything electic is for Dbags? man...u need to stay out of the back room at the adult video arcade

ZOMB1E 05-26-2011 11:35 AM

Do the horses get tired pulling your jeep around?

Barticus 05-26-2011 12:02 PM

Bringing this thread back on topic:

Just received an email from Don at Daystar and he advised they would ship me a new one next week when their stock replenishes. Evidently they are out currently.

ed-de 05-26-2011 12:33 PM

mine did the same thang .. small ziptie and a dab of sillycone ..good as new ps. I wish my wife would carry my sack..it gits kinda hevy

ZOMB1E 05-26-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed-de
ps. I wish my wife would carry my sack..it gits kinda hevy

:rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barticus
Bringing this thread back on topic:

Just received an email from Don at Daystar and he advised they would ship me a new one next week when their stock replenishes. Evidently they are out currently.

Good to know that they are standing behind their product.