Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Place of Zen? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/place-of-zen-9563.html)

Levinoss 07-15-2007 03:21 AM

Place of Zen?

The Place:

I lived in Arkansas for about a year, near the Ozarks. We had a home with afew acres up on top of one of the highest mountains in the area. You could look down and see just about everything for miles. The air was so crisp and clean and was nothing like the air here in the city, it almost gave you a bliss like feeling.

The Morning:

The Mornings would leave you speechless. The fresh dew left on the ground sparkled as the sun came up. If you get up early enough you could catch all the wild life waking up and starting to move. Riding down to the lake was like seeing heaven, a thin layer of fog would cover the lake from one side to the other. I would catch holes in the fog and be stunned to see the sun reflect off the water like a million diamonds.

The Nights:

The nights I could see all of the moon as clear as if I were standing on it, not a light for miles except for the moon and the stars. I would lay in the truck bed and just look at the stars for hours trying to count them all, I never did. I had no trouble sleeping at night knowing that the only crime at night would be the possums taking off with some of the nights thrown out food.

Lessons Learned:

The back roads of that area is where I learned how to drive, the wave was not only for the jeepers, you would get a wave from everyone who passed by. There was no fingers flying or horns honked, only a warm smile and a friendly wave.

There were no labels, just people living.

No stress, No expectations, No deadlines, No Problems, No Worries.

That was my place of Zen, where is yours?

~Lev

jjseel 07-15-2007 03:32 AM

Understand, the places are getting fewer! I sat out on the farm in Hogeye, Tx with my dad and watched sattilites going over, one nite. My wife said there was nothing that compared to the nights in the mountains around Tahoe. We stayed the night at Hogeye...potty time at 2 am, she woke everyone up in the camper! (the stars at night, are big and bright...Deep in the Heart of Texas!) That's my place! The cows sing ya to sleep, or if you stay up late the coyotes sing to ya!

Levinoss 07-15-2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjseel (Post 104299)
Understand, the places are getting fewer! I sat out on the farm in Hogeye, Tx with my dad and watched sattilites going over, one nite. My wife said there was nothing that compared to the nights in the mountains around Tahoe. We stayed the night at Hogeye...potty time at 2 am, she woke everyone up in the camper! (the stars at night, are big and bright...Deep in the Heart of Texas!) That's my place! The cows sing ya to sleep, or if you stay up late the coyotes sing to ya!

Seeing stars like that, I can understand why people want to reach as far into the sky as they can and touch them.

Quote:

The cows sing ya to sleep, or if you stay up late the coyotes sing to ya!
Nature lullaby ;)

Quote:

the stars at night, are big and bright...Deep in the Heart of Texas!
At our ranch house in center, I could hear that song in the distance, as well as the coyotes singing.

~Lev

Odhinn 07-15-2007 05:36 AM

Yep I Hate the city, Lived in many of the larger ones for several years and they are all the same. People moving so fast that they would rather tell you to kiss off then say hello. The bird is the favorite form of a wave. People strut around like the have a stick shoved up their you know what. These same arrogant people also think they are better then the next person simply because they have the latest and greatest technology in their pocket, or they are driving an overpriced Piece of steel and plastic. I miss the days in the country when I could wake up at sunrise and drink my morning coffee on the porch breathing clean air and knowing that my vehicles were NOT vandalized or broken into the previous night. Those same mornings knowing that when I got into my workplace that I would be greeted with a hardy hand shake and a "GOOD MORNING!!! how are you feeling today."

Good Post LEV:D

We need to get you out to Ft Davis. You will never want to leave. I know I didn't:D

JCS05Rubi 07-15-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 104294)
The Place:

I lived in Arkansas for about a year, near the Ozarks. We had a home with afew acres up on top of one of the highest mountains in the area. You could look down and see just about everything for miles. The air was so crisp and clean and was nothing like the air here in the city, it almost gave you a bliss like feeling.

The Morning:

The Mornings would leave you speechless. The fresh dew left on the ground sparkled as the sun came up. If you get up early enough you could catch all the wild life waking up and starting to move. Riding down to the lake was like seeing heaven, a thin layer of fog would cover the lake from one side to the other. I would catch holes in the fog and be stunned to see the sun reflect off the water like a million diamonds.

The Nights:

The nights I could see all of the moon as clear as if I were standing on it, not a light for miles except for the moon and the stars. I would lay in the truck bed and just look at the stars for hours trying to count them all, I never did. I had no trouble sleeping at night knowing that the only crime at night would be the possums taking off with some of the nights thrown out food.

Lessons Learned:

The back roads of that area is where I learned how to drive, the wave was not only for the jeepers, you would get a wave from everyone who passed by. There was no fingers flying or horns honked, only a warm smile and a friendly wave.

There were no labels, just people living.

No stress, No expectations, No deadlines, No Problems, No Worries.

That was my place of Zen, where is yours?

~Lev

Change the area to my familys mountain farm in the middle of no where WV and thats exactly how I would describe it. Being on that farm is the only time Im not pissed at society :D Come to think of it, its really the only time I am truly, smiles ear to ear, happy :p

Levinoss 07-15-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

I miss the days in the country when I could wake up at sunrise and drink my morning coffee on the porch breathing clean air
Used to do that on the front porch of my uncles ranch in oklahoma.

~Lev

tiny terror 07-15-2007 01:29 PM

In my studio, bare feet, elbow deep in clay, and completely alone.

activelydying 07-15-2007 01:41 PM

At my sister's cabin in Deep Creek Maryland, either right before memorial day or right after labor day when all the tourist leave. The place is a ghost town. Just to go hiking in the woods with the dog or just sitting on the porch in complete darkness and actually seeing stars and hearing crickets.

OdhinnsChick 07-15-2007 02:55 PM

Anywhere I am surrounded by boundless nature. Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Big Bend, etc.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...s/scan0040.jpg

4point 07-15-2007 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At my cabin, higher up the hill. Many mornings in the summer will have light frost on ground. Yes, cool crisp air and completely surounded by forest. Nights of a full moon where its so bright you have to close the cutains...........................................

My back yard
Attachment 2024

activelydying 07-15-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 104503)
At my cabin, higher up the hill. Many mornings in the summer will have light frost on ground. Yes, cool crisp air and completely surounded by forest. Nights of a full moon where its so bright you have to close the cutains...........................................

My back yard
Attachment 2024

That's a lot of grass to cut. :D

4point 07-15-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by activelydying (Post 104507)
That's a lot of grass to cut. :D

Yeah, but the cows do it for us. :D

There is a salt lick about 270 yards out on the edge of the willows........................for the fall after the cows are gone. :D

Unlimited 07-15-2007 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here: (MoG is there right now, wish I were too...)

4point 07-15-2007 04:38 PM

You better go help him I can't see his jeep anymore. :eek:

bluvikng 07-15-2007 05:40 PM

Wow, good thread, Lev. I am impressed with your ability to create, with your words. I too, have a place that makes me feel absolutely at peace with the world. It is over 7,000 ft. of elevation, and the mornings, are just breath taking. The air is crisp, humidity, is non-existent. The views are spectacular, the wild life is bountiful. Anyway, Ouray, Co., is my place of peace.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/trail/o...06-a-2840.html

Levinoss 07-15-2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluvikng (Post 104560)
Wow, good thread, Lev. I am impressed with your ability to create, with your words. I too, have a place that makes me feel absolutely at peace with the world. It is over 7,000 ft. of elevation, and the mornings, are just breath taking. The air is crisp, humidity, is non-existent. The views are spectacular, the wild life is bountiful. Anyway, Ouray, Co., is my place of peace.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/trail/o...06-a-2840.html

Thanks, I got a lil bit of my grandmothers writing skills, but its my sister who excels in her writings.

This picture just made me speechless blue.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9...rayco20vx7.jpg

Was that you guys fishing in those pictures? What kind of fish were there?

~Lev

bluvikng 07-15-2007 05:55 PM

We only had cameras, no fishing..........:D

Levinoss 07-15-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluvikng (Post 104575)
We only had cameras, no fishing..........:D

My brain is not fully working today.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...o-trip0023.jpg

When I looked over the picture could of sworn yall were holding fishing poles.

~Lev

bluvikng 07-15-2007 06:18 PM

The back ground is black, because it drops down, about 50' or so, to the bottom. I saw it as a neat photo op.

2much 07-15-2007 06:56 PM

My place of total zen is cuidad Estancia de Animas en Zacatecas Mexico. There is just something about central Mexico, not tourist Mexico, but real Mexico. The scenery gorgeous, the views breathtaking, the people genuine, the experience... unforgetable.

debruins 07-15-2007 07:28 PM

my place is just 20 feet from here, go outside on the grass and lie down and looka t the sky (im in Rangeley Maine)

its the most beautiful spot i've ever been to, but then again i just love to lie on my back on the ground and watch the sky, somtimes i forget what im supposed to be doing when im under the jeep and i lie there for likie 20 min. and then think wha tthe hlle am i doing here?? oh yeah fixing the jeep

i just love it up here, but i have to get myself out of the house!

Scotty355 07-15-2007 08:00 PM

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l6...blingbrook.jpg
After a hard day at work I hop on my quad and 15min I am here.

debruins 07-15-2007 08:05 PM

pretty rocky though, no where to lay down and just enjoy, but still it looks real beautiful

Scotty355 07-15-2007 08:35 PM

Oh there are plenty of places to just sit down, listen to the sound of the gently running stream, birds singing a song of life, squirrels jumping from tree to tree.........

debruins 07-15-2007 09:15 PM

well thats good!!!

OdhinnsChick 07-16-2007 07:44 PM

Awesome pics blu!

Adventurous 07-16-2007 08:07 PM

Lev - I felt at peace just reading your post. I can picture what you described.

I recently spent my vacation backpacking in the Adirondacks (NY)...one of my favorite places. I felt completely rested until I was on my way to work last Monday morning. I had the walk signal and was starting to cross the street when someone came flying down the road. I pointed to the red arrow that he had and he yelled F#&@! B#&@. Nice way to start the day - I hate working in a city.