Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/)
-   -   What gear (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/what-gear-95877.html)

no1gtkid 05-29-2011 07:56 PM

What gear

So what off-road gear do you take with you on trail runs?

I normally carry a hi-lift jack mounted mine braced between the rear roll bars. A snatch block, tow strap, d-rings, tire repair plug, a quick air down, a power tank, gloves, hand ax, hand radios, extra fluids, Power tank, jumper cables, day pack with food/water/knife/change of cloths/grooming supplies/chap stick/sun screen/ alo/water tablets/baby wipes, Knife, sleeping bag, fire starters, basic first aid, and a simple set of tools.

gregaf3 05-30-2011 06:38 PM

You are making me feel like I am going out naked. Right now I have been going with a high lift jack, snatch rope, BFH, and some other small tools. But I have not gone very far from home. A buddy hooked me up with a c02 tank, I just have to buy the chuck, then I will have a way to air up after a run.

no1gtkid 05-30-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregaf3 (Post 1270378)
You are making me feel like I am going out naked. Right now I have been going with a high lift jack, snatch rope, BFH, and some other small tools. But I have not gone very far from home. A buddy hooked me up with a c02 tank, I just have to buy the chuck, then I will have a way to air up after a run.

It is the old boy scout in me, go prepared.

I only know one place to fill up with the CO2. Way out in Henderson not far from the 4wheel parts shop. Let me know if you find a place closer.

You should be able to get the part you need at home depot or harbor freights.

gregaf3 05-31-2011 06:19 PM

I have not looked for a place to get it filled up yet. I would assume that there would be a welding supply shop closer that could fill up the tank.

I rode by your house today when I went for my pedal power ride, you need a lift and bigger tires!!

no1gtkid 06-02-2011 12:31 AM

Lift, yes

Yes I need a lift but not anytime soon. The tires are actually 265/75/16 the largest I can stuff with out a lift.

You ride a Mt or Road bike? I have my old 98 trek 950 I sometimes ride. It has been a littel. I do not Hard core ride anymore. I just ride to stay in some what of a shape.

gregaf3 06-02-2011 12:43 AM

I have both, but I mostly ride my road bike. I have only taken my mtn bike out once since I have been here. Too much hassle to load it up and drive somewhere to ride by myself, esp when I can leave my driveway on the road bike. During the winter I was riding up to the gun range every weekend, but the wife/kids/hobbies have not let me do it lately.

no1gtkid 06-02-2011 03:54 PM

Very cool

I have not ridden in a while myself. The wife does not like to ride and the guys I use to ride with live in Tucson.

I am always up for a ride not sure my body is but I am. :)

Maybe i will get her out tonight and take a spin down to oso and then out to kyle and back.