Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Teraflex Leveling kit done + Rubi Springs/Shocks (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/teraflex-leveling-kit-done-rubi-springs-shocks-95976.html)

Gilly93 05-30-2011 03:08 PM

Teraflex Leveling kit done + Rubi Springs/Shocks
 
Installed all this on the weekend. Love the way the Jeep looks now.

Was fairly easy to install, took roughly 5 hours total time. Was not in a rush as this was first time doing this. Damn mosquitos did not help either..lol.

Only issue I have now is the front drivers side sway bar link is touching the coil.
I have read that a few ppl have had this issue as well. I triple checked everything and all looks good, so I have no idea.

Might have to get a mechanic to look at this.

ESP 05-30-2011 03:12 PM

pics?

Gilly93 05-30-2011 03:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Pics of before and after Teraflex Leveling kit, with Rubicon Shocks/Springs added.

repoman100 05-30-2011 03:45 PM

What size duratracs are those ?

Gilly93 05-30-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repoman100 (Post 1270116)
What size duratracs are those ?

265/70/17....which I think are 32's.

repoman100 05-30-2011 03:55 PM

I have the same setup (TF leveling kit and rubi shocks and coils) with 33s KM2s, was thinking of getting 33s duratracs next winter to replace my 265/70/17 winter tires that I have now. I tought the 32s would look small with the lift but it doesn't look so bad in your pics ! :D

Gilly93 05-30-2011 04:00 PM

Yah, not too bad. Will eventually get bigger tires but this will do for now.

Did you have any rubbing with the sway bar links on the drivers side..as seen in my pics?

repoman100 05-30-2011 04:05 PM

for the link touching your coil, I find that weird as I did not have this issue, are you sure you installed it the right side, I know some people have installed it in reverse to prevent rubbing on the tire

Gilly93 05-30-2011 04:29 PM

So you think to try reversing the springs in the front? They both looked the same.

repoman100 05-30-2011 04:30 PM

not the springs ! the sway bar links

Gilly93 05-30-2011 04:45 PM

Yah I looked at that...the sway bar itself is close to the spring.

Actually, the spring looks bowed to the front of the vehicle..you can see it in the picture a few post back...hmmm.

repoman100 05-30-2011 04:53 PM

Are you positive that your coils are seated properly ?

Gilly93 05-30-2011 04:54 PM

Yep, bottoms line up with the notch.

repoman100 05-30-2011 05:03 PM

I will try to get pictures of my swaybar links later

Gilly93 05-30-2011 05:18 PM

That would be great...thanks!

JIMBOX 05-30-2011 05:46 PM

:whistling: I'm just an innocent bysitter, but it looks to me like you don't have the stock "isloator" installed and thats what center's the spring around the "bumpstop" column, which looks like the spring is drifted to far forward--because of that-

Now either the Teraflex leveling kit, says to discard the "isolators" or--you've installed somrthing "UPSIDE DOWN"-

Carry on guy-

Ciao

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Gilly93 05-30-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 1270300)
:whistling: I'm just an innocent bysitter, but it looks to me like you don't have the stock "isloator" installed and thats what center's the spring around the "bumpstop" column, which looks like the spring is drifted to far forward--because of that-

Now either the Teraflex leveling kit, says to discard the "isolators" or--you've installed somrthing "UPSIDE DOWN"-

Carry on guy-

Ciao

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Hey Jimbox....the isolator is def there. I even made sure the 2in pucks were installed correctly.

JIMBOX 05-30-2011 06:01 PM

:D OK, then try to explain the "situation" of the sway bar/coil spring/shock picture !!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilly93 (Post 1270313)
Hey Jimbox....the isolator is def there. I even made sure the 2in pucks were installed correctly.

Is the wheel off are you Hijacked/ jackstand on frame--WHAT ??

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Gilly93 05-30-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 1270325)
:D OK, then try to explain the "situation" of the sway bar/coil spring/shock picture !!




Is the wheel off are you Hijacked/ jackstand on frame--WHAT ??

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Pic was taken with full load on wheels. Did everything as per instructions from Teraflex regarding installation. Only thing I added was new springs and shocks into the mix off a Rubicon.

MTH 05-30-2011 06:18 PM

Sway bar link too short?

JIMBOX 05-30-2011 06:19 PM

:whistling: Allright, the appearance is-


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilly93 (Post 1270338)
Pic was taken with full load on wheels. Did everything as per instructions from Teraflex regarding installation. Only thing I added was new springs and shocks into the mix off a Rubicon.

The swaybar is at too much "down angle" and the coil spring is bowed, by either shocks mounted are too short, or shock extensions are mounted wrong or LCAs are to short (impossible) or, I don't know what, but the coils should be perfectly STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN---UNDER NORMAL LOAD !!

The sway bar should be as close to LEVEL as you can getit, sometimes takes extended links/w lift !!

If you don't have an adjustable trackbar-that shouldn't affect the coils "foreaft"-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Gilly93 05-30-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMBOX (Post 1270353)
:whistling: Allright, the appearance is-




The swaybar is at too much "down angle" and the coil spring is bowed, by either shocks mounted are too short, or shock extensions are mounted wrong or LCAs are to short (impossible) or, I don't know what, but the coils should be perfectly STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN---UNDER NORMAL LOAD !!

The sway bar should be as close to LEVEL as you can getit, sometimes takes extended links/w lift !!

If you don't have an adjustable trackbar-that shouldn't affect the coils "foreaft"-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

Is it possible that the front axle may have shifted? Or my control arms are binded up? Ah dunno.

The passenger side coil is perfect..straight up and down. 1" clearance between coil and sway link. To me...I think something (axle) shifted.

Thanks for your help Jimbo.

JIMBOX 05-30-2011 06:39 PM

:D Damn, 1" is perfect, thats what my '08 Rubi clearance is on the front springs-


Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilly93 (Post 1270367)
Is it possible that the front axle may have shifted? Or my control arms are binded up? Ah dunno.

The passenger side coil is perfect..straight up and down. 1" clearance between coil and sway link. To me...I think something (axle) shifted.

Thanks for your help Jimbo.

I don't see how you could have a bent LCA, unless it was just damaged, but you'd know that !!

Check the top assy of the good coil and then look at the "bent" one and see if something may have "Shifted"--

Give you jeep a beer-ah hell, you have a beer-ah hell I'll have a beer--

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

repoman100 05-30-2011 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what mine looks like, your coil bows too much ...

BMCGC 05-30-2011 08:55 PM

I dont think the spring is seated properly.

Raise it back up, lossen everything, make sure the spring is seated, then tighten it just enough to hold it in place and lower it back down. Torque everything to spec once all 4 wheels are on the ground.

What number springs did you remove and what number Rubi springs did you install?

Looks good, Ive got a set of 18/59s sitting in the garage with all 4 Rubi shocks as well.

Gilly93 05-30-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMCGC (Post 1270620)
I dont think the spring is seated properly.

Raise it back up, lossen everything, make sure the spring is seated, then tighten it just enough to hold it in place and lower it back down. Torque everything to spec once all 4 wheels are on the ground.

What number springs did you remove and what number Rubi springs did you install?

Looks good, Ive got a set of 18/59s sitting in the garage with all 4 Rubi shocks as well.

I had 14/55 springs and upgraded to 17/58's, rubicon shocks as well.
The drive is definitely different.

Gilly93 05-30-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repoman100 (Post 1270574)
Here is what mine looks like, your coil bows too much ...

Is that not the passenger side? Can you take a pic of the drivers side?

Cheers.

repoman100 05-31-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilly93 (Post 1270740)
Is that not the passenger side? Can you take a pic of the drivers side?

Cheers.


Have you figured this out ?

I'll take one later if you still need to see.

Gilly93 05-31-2011 10:00 AM

Nope...no idea. Bringing it to a mechanic tomorrow. Really weird man.:banghead:

Clutch127 05-31-2011 10:24 AM

How much did all the parts cost?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.