Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   whats your big pet peeves? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/whats-your-big-pet-peeves-96060.html)

topher38 05-31-2011 01:27 AM

whats your big pet peeves?

heres the thread post your pep peeves. why did i make this thread idk im bored and i cant fall asleep so here ya go.

my top three.
1. i hate when people lie to me.
2. when people say they dont like something when they have never tryed it
3. people who complain that america is fat, yet they cant even push their own cart into the cart holders at shopping centers.

KRawson 05-31-2011 01:34 AM

When a girl gulps her drink.

scavanau 05-31-2011 01:43 AM

I hate it when people call it "pep" peeves

topher38 05-31-2011 01:51 AM

haha^

Derek14LC 05-31-2011 02:11 AM

when people from the south say people from the midwest or anywhere else for that matter cant be country because their not from southern states

KRawson 05-31-2011 02:15 AM

When someone is texting while driving.

Derek14LC 05-31-2011 02:16 AM

selling my vehicles then regretting it a week later and never learn my lesson

Derek14LC 05-31-2011 02:17 AM

or seeing it being abused by the new owner

hgesell 05-31-2011 02:22 AM

1. When people think they own the road.
2. When people think being an a**hole to a cop is going to get them anywhere. (actually that is probably the top 100)
3. When someone does the speed limit in the left hand lane.
4. When parents ask me to discipline their kids because they can't do it themselves (great, bad enough you hate the police, but scare the kids away from who they should go do for help, because you threaten that I am going to lock them up).
5. People who don't say please or thank you or excuse me.
6. Someone who demands a supervisor when my nicest officer is helping you and when I get there they think I am going to side with them and scold my officer in front of them. (yeah not happening and I'm sorry the handcuffs are tight, they're new, they have to stretch.)
7. People who blow their horns because the road is closed due to a major accident.
8. Kids in cars without seatbelts.
9. People who take advantage of the elderly and their belief that people are still honest.
10. Having to reset all my favorite radio stations because my battery died.

Sorry was a bad night at work and just had to vent a little.

Derek14LC 05-31-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgesell (Post 1271137)
2. When people think being an a**hole to a cop is going to get them anywhere. (actually that is probably the top 100)

ive never been mean to cop in my life and only had two tickets, one because i was in an accident(my fault) and someone got hurt so they had to site me which i understood, my second ticket was going 52 in a 30 on a country road coming into town and just took my cruise control off, the cop was extremley nice to me and said if he doesnt give me a ticket he could get introuble because i was going so fast, i then shook his hand and said youre only doing your job nothing to be sorry for and he lowerd my ticket from 125 dollars to 85

Kevinm2467 05-31-2011 04:42 AM

People who chew and smack their lips when they are eating. I REALLY HATE IT!!

jrussblues 05-31-2011 05:45 AM

When I hear someone say "valentimes" instead of valentines

BADBOY-RUBICON 05-31-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scavanau (Post 1271114)
I hate it when people call it "pep" peeves

X2 :rofl:

97sport09 05-31-2011 06:19 AM

People who don't go right on red, or don't know what the hell a yield sign is.

hgesell 05-31-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek14LC (Post 1271141)
ive never been mean to cop in my life and only had two tickets, one because i was in an accident(my fault) and someone got hurt so they had to site me which i understood, my second ticket was going 52 in a 30 on a country road coming into town and just took my cruise control off, the cop was extremely nice to me and said if he doesn't give me a ticket he could get in trouble because i was going so fast, i then shook his hand and said you're only doing your job nothing to be sorry for and he lowered my ticket from 125 dollars to 85

Never been a big ticket writer myself. We have a traffic unit and that is their primary job. If you ever get let go by a Motorcycle cop, play the lottery because it is the luckiest day of your life.

Most people I write tickets too either almost hit me, argue with me about not doing what I observed them doing, or tell me to go get the real criminals. Probably 9 out of 10 people I stop are only getting stopped so I can remind them that they violated the law. Out of this 9, about 4 talk themselves into me writing them the ticket by their attitude. I understand you being angry, but you can still be angry and polite. The other 5 are soon on their way with nothing more than verbal reminder to drive more careful.

I am sure to the 4 I write, I am the "stupid" cop that has nothing better to do but harass the innocent and take their hard earned money to fill some quota, but like I said before their attitude towards me is what got them the ticket in the first place and now you can see why.

just4fun 05-31-2011 07:15 AM

Driving with the hi beams on while behind me.and while coming towards me closer then a 500 feet

patricks 05-31-2011 07:20 AM

People who don't say thank you when you hold the door for them.
Bad drivers.
People who walk into a elevator when you are getting off.

sevenservices 05-31-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinm2467 (Post 1271185)
People who chew and smack their lips when they are eating. I REALLY HATE IT!!

x2 ^

we throw the neighbor teenager out all the time 'cause he still has not learned to control it. I trace this back to when I was a little kid and my older sister would sit right up next to me on the couch chewing cereal.

I also work in IT and spent some time in some high end places with co-workers. The 2 guys from India drove me crazy because they didn't get it. Everyone would be looking around the table like "is this real? is this a joke?" no, they just eat that way!!! :doh:

GREEN-MACHINE 05-31-2011 09:32 AM

1) people that wave
2)people that dont focus on driving ( see above)
3) texting drivers.
4) the N word...( i've learned to really hate it)
5) people that think they deserve a break.
6)people that wade in self pity.

Peepers 05-31-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgesell (Post 1271137)
3. When someone does the speed limit in the left hand lane.

Then why do they make left hand exits :banghead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97sport09 (Post 1271223)
People who don't go right on red, or don't know what the hell a yield sign is.

Buses (or at least school buses) are not allowed to make right turns on red. sometimes its just easier to always drive like your driving the bus. its slower, safer, and then you don't forget when your actually in the bus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by just4fun (Post 1271263)
Driving with the hi beams on while behind me.and while coming towards me closer then a 500 feet

Thats what the big lights on the front are for :whistling:

I agree with all the above. and include:

People that get mad when you do the speed limit on any road... 25 means 25... not 40...

People that see a lane ends sign ahead and people merging into traffic and decide thats the perfect oportunity to fly by every body and try to squeeze in at the front of the line.

People that dont realize trucks / buses are slow and wont give us room to get on the highway and then complain when we finally do and were doing a lot less than the speed limit.

People that dont appreciate what truckers do for this country. they deliver every thing!

Congress wanting to add more taxes to diesel...

kpdiver 05-31-2011 09:52 AM

(1) When someone cuts you off while you're speaking because what they have to say is sooo much more important.

(2) People chewing gum with their mouth open and talking at the same time.

(3) Talking to someone and they yawn in mid sentence and keep on talking. Like I can really understand what the "H" they just said.

(4) When I'm sitting at a red light or behind someone turning left and the idiot behind me goes around me and has to leave the road to do so.

Danger_us 05-31-2011 10:02 AM

1)When idiot drivers don't MOVE when an ambulance is coming up behind!

2) when my boyfriend gets PMS

3) when the neighborhood cat get muddy-kitty paw prints all over my clean car

just4fun 05-31-2011 10:21 AM

We somebody pees in the toilet and doesn't flush

CT93YJ 05-31-2011 11:27 AM

When people dont get out of the way for the fire trucks in town
Also when kids talk back to their parents and get away with everything
Parents that dont punish their kids when they get in trouble in school or talk back to them
Thats just a few

DerekM 05-31-2011 11:43 AM

When your turning right at an intersection in a lane that allows straight or right turn and the person in front of you going straight takes up the whole lane so no one can turn!

When someone installs the toilet paper "under" instead of "over" the roll, it always touches the wall and the floor. Gross.

People that stare at you when your topless and doorless.

People that think they deserve something for nothing.

Employees that feel "entitled".

People that laugh after anything they say.

Driving and sneezing, I always feel like I'm going to lose my life during that split second!

bbtj 05-31-2011 11:51 AM

The Federal Government

RatherBNarizona 05-31-2011 12:06 PM

way to many to name. The result is mostly stupid people doing stupid things.

topher38 05-31-2011 12:22 PM

Holy crap this thread took off like a wildfire.

I also decided anyone not just teenagers texting and driving is a big one it drives me nuts.
And another one is smoking. One it's gross and two why would you want to do something that could give you cancer. I kno first hand how bad it sucks to have it so I hay dont get it

lunaras 05-31-2011 01:56 PM

My biggest ones are:
  • when someone thinks they're better than anyone else
  • when someone tries to force their views/opinions on you. This goes doubly so when they're not even willing to listen to what yours are
  • when people treat you like you're an idiot just because you don't know something (I'm always up for learning something new)
  • when people willingly choose to remain ignorant about things to justify their actions

Redjeepmormon 05-31-2011 04:03 PM

When people text and drive! That crap ticks me off. I hate it when I get a red light because the idiot in the front of the line is texting and doesn't realize it turned green.