Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Engine power reduced. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/engine-power-reduced-96078.html)

ajjkh225 05-31-2011 09:57 AM

Engine power reduced.

Hi, i currently owned a 2005 extreme sports wrangler for about 6 months now.

but starting from last month i noticed that the power output of my car started to reduce. RPM not going up as fast and not as torquey as before. dont know whats wrong with it.

Maybe its because i put e10 fuel into it now.. is but the difference is huge.

can help me here???

ajjkh225 05-31-2011 10:04 AM

i also got another problem, not that major.

when i try to do steep turns on low speed(e.g like in carparks) my car wobbles to the right and the left. i think its the tyres. especially when i put it on 4wd. is this just my car thats the problem? or is it the same to all??

it might be the tyre pressure. not sure.. T.T
plz HELP~~
Thanks~!^^

Wyominer 05-31-2011 10:07 AM

First post, it could very well be the use of e10 that is causing the power issue.

ajjkh225 05-31-2011 10:10 AM

but i put in 98 octane after for a few weeks. but it still does not change.

Shelby427 05-31-2011 10:10 AM

Start with the basics. Most likely fuel or exhaust. Like plugged fuel filter/screen, pump going south, restriction in the exhaust (cat convertor)

A bad cat is often associated with a rattling exhaust, engine temp going higher then normal, and a rotten egg smell. Also if you put your hand back where the exhaust exits, and someone accelerates the engine, you won't feel much difference in flow.

Pumps act up before they die. They can intermittently stop and start, or slow down, which drops the available fuel supply.

The filter/screen, well, block one up and you strangle the engine for fuel.

All of them can cause lack of power, poor acceleration, etc.

ajjkh225 05-31-2011 10:16 AM

okay thanks for the help. ill give it a try and get back to u =]

Shelby427 05-31-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjkh225 (Post 1271435)
i also got another problem, not that major.

when i try to do steep turns on low speed(e.g like in carparks) my car wobbles to the right and the left. i think its the tyres. especially when i put it on 4wd. is this just my car thats the problem? or is it the same to all??

it might be the tyre pressure. not sure.. T.T
plz HELP~~
Thanks~!^^

Well first off do not use 4wd on dry pavement. You will/are binding up the system, and it can get ugly and expensive real fast.

Also check to see if it's actually coming out of 4wd, when shifter is in 2wd.

Some other items to check. Track bar, bolts to the front axle and right frame rail, if it's loose or the bushings are worn, it will let the axle shift back and forth.

Bad U-joints, most likely axle ones. On a hard turn they are in their extreme bind position, a bad one will hang up and make the vehicle turn erratically.

sevenservices 05-31-2011 10:23 AM

on the engine start w/a tune up. And for gosh sakes, please do not call it a car. ;)

ajjkh225 06-01-2011 01:21 AM

hahaha
wat do call it then?? my jeep? lol
wats W/A tune up?

Mr_RPM 06-01-2011 01:51 AM

98 octane? try 87 or 89 next time

JamesHolmes 06-01-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjkh225 (Post 1273268)
hahaha
wat do call it then?? my jeep? lol
wats W/A tune up?

Call it your Jeep, Baby, Rig, Truck. Never car. W/A = with a. (you see it now, right)