Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   Boulder County Jeepers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/boulder-county-jeepers-96139.html)

freeskier 05-31-2011 06:26 PM

Boulder County Jeepers

10 Attachment(s)
Hey guys this is going to be my first summer I can actually get on some trails. I've been having trouble finding groups in the Boulder County area. Trying to meet some people who go up regularly. Geoff at Bestop, I see you all the time on the forums and I know you're in Boulder! I'd love to meet up with you guys sometime! :wavey:

Owen_TJ 06-04-2011 10:35 PM

I'm not in Longmont/Boulder but am in Denver so maybe we can get somethin goin sometime...

Just did a little trip a week or so ago with another guy in Colorado Springs which was a good time...plenty of trails around here so i'm sure somethin could work!

freeskier 06-05-2011 03:09 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Awesome!

Unfortunately last Thursday I found out my pelvis is fractured in two places on the left side. I can walk and bear weight on it, but I haven't been driving my Jeep, it's a manual and very uncomfortable to drive because of the clutch. 6 weeks to full recovery, however I'm thinking 2 or 3 weeks and I'll feel good to drive the Jeep.

Luckily because of snow pack it looks like a lot of stuff won't be opening for a while. Hopefully I can start making some plans soon and I'll hit you up sometime.

Geoff@Bestop 06-05-2011 07:39 PM

Sure. Let's make plans.

The local club in Longmont is called Trailridge Runners. They do some nice stuff with trail maintenance, etc.

I've never actually gone a run with them.

Our closest trail is closed again right now, due to another fire. But we should be able to start hitting the high country soon.

freeskier 06-05-2011 08:26 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 1282847)
Sure. Let's make plans.

The local club in Longmont is called Trailridge Runners. They do some nice stuff with trail maintenance, etc.

I've never actually gone a run with them.

Our closest trail is closed again right now, due to another fire. But we should be able to start hitting the high country soon.

Definitely hit me up. I've very flexible work wise.

Geoff@Bestop 06-05-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeskier (Post 1282973)
Definitely hit me up. I've very flexible work wise.

Awesome. As long as nothing pops up that would make me think "oh hell no...."

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeskier (Post 1282973)
I like my rampage top a lot.

:whistling:

freeskier 06-05-2011 08:33 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Does it help that I use the Bestop header?

:D

Geoff@Bestop 06-05-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeskier (Post 1282992)
Does it help that I use the Bestop header?

:D

Sure! I'll put that down on my report for why I spend so much time on this forum: "Boss: Didn't sell any tops this week, but this one guy uses our windshield header."

(actually, I'm just yanking your chain a bit. Which you're aware of, but I'm putting this in for anyone else reading. We're happy at Bestop to be a part of the big giant world of awesome stuff you can buy for your Jeep, and we know we don't get every sale. And it's Sunday at 10pm. Obviously I'm here because I enjoy it, not to sell tops).

adawg38 06-13-2011 08:44 PM

You guys can always count me in too on the weekends, I always have weekends off and I am a hop skip and a jump away from Boulder. Got a baby coming mid July so mid July is no good but anytime before or after!:dance:

freeskier 06-26-2011 06:14 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking of planning day in the Left Hand Creek area. I know it was open as of early June. Maybe this next weekend. Tuesday would be best, but I know regular working people work during the week. My biggest problem is I have people wanting to go with me but I only have one seat and my dad won't let me go alone. Need to schmooz a seat from someone. :D

Geoff do you have anything planned?

Geoff@Bestop 06-27-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeskier (Post 1333108)
I'm thinking of planning day in the Left Hand Creek area. I know it was open as of early June. Maybe this next weekend. Tuesday would be best, but I know regular working people work during the week. My biggest problem is I have people wanting to go with me but I only have one seat and my dad won't let me go alone. Need to schmooz a seat from someone. :D

Geoff do you have anything planned?

It's possible! Let me know if you firm up the dates a bit.

But Left Hand may be closed again: there's ANOTHER fire up there right now.

You may want to head to Middle St Vrain.

freeskier 06-27-2011 02:05 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop

It's possible! Let me know if you firm up the dates a bit.

But Left Hand may be closed again: there's ANOTHER fire up there right now.

You may want to head to Middle St Vrain.

Yeah I heard about that on the news last night.

Saturday I went and did a run with front range 4x4s and we took our lunch break at camp dick. I talked to one of the guys in the Longmont group who went up middle, he said there was still to much snow pack and they had to turn around and close it. He also said they plan to open it back up this next weekend, but we'll see.

He gave me his card and group info, I'll try contacting him later in the week.

freeskier 06-29-2011 02:35 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Ok, so my dad has a friend with a couple quads who might join. Haven't figured out what trail/s yet, but time would be early Saturday, would like to leave meet around 8:00 AM because I have to be at work at 3:00 PM. Would like to keep it a small group so travel is faster.

freeskier 06-30-2011 05:59 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I've decided to scratch this weekend and push it off until next weekend. It's a holiday weekend and a bunch of people are going to be up in the mountains, and I'd rather wait to do Left Hand Canyon.

Plus I work 6 days a week, on a farm, in the heat, doing hard labor, and it's been a long, hot week. I need a rest.

freeskier 07-27-2011 09:26 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Looks like Left Hand Canyon may be closed... permanently...

I'm open to suggestions. I really want to get back out, but I've been working on the Jeep the past couple weekends. Just finished up the Monstaliner this past weekend. :punk:

P.S., I've very bad at planning things....

redredjeep 07-28-2011 11:29 AM

:wavey:Welcome to the Forum!

I've got Jeep/Colorado fever BIG Time, movin out there soon.

immarkshy 08-03-2011 11:37 PM

check out the t-33a plane crash definently has some tough spots but fun other wise, that whole area up there makes for a good time 15 mins north of nederland