Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   interior (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/interior-96166.html)

ToddMc 05-31-2011 07:17 PM

interior

Hey guys havent seen this question yet but i was wondering do they have anything for the JK as far as interior to replace all the carpet?Reason for asking is i have all the good floormats and such but the carpet is sure hard to clean Thanks

Bayouwolf 05-31-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddMc (Post 1272515)
Hey guys havent seen this question yet but i was wondering do they have anything for the JK as far as interior to replace all the carpet?Reason for asking is i have all the good floormats and such but the carpet is sure hard to clean Thanks

Get yourself a set of Weather Tech Digital fit floor mats. You won't notice the carpet anymore.

cmmartin86 06-12-2011 11:45 AM

Or any other molded floor mat

weakkneewillie 06-12-2011 11:58 AM

Was thinking of removing carpet and putting theses in Quadratec® Ultimate All Weather Floor Liner Kit for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

Anybody use this and whats your opinion of them?

andreafahy01 06-12-2011 12:12 PM

We just don't use any carpet or floor mats period and that suits us just fine! Cleaning is a breeze with the vacuum for dry stuff and then hose out the rest

knnphillips 06-12-2011 12:19 PM

Yep removed the carpet and heat shielding painted the bare metal under it and plan to bedline it but thats at the end of my very long list.

andreafahy01 06-12-2011 12:21 PM

Is that what those ridges are? heat shielding?

knnphillips 06-12-2011 12:25 PM

That's what people say I didn't notice any difference with my shoes on. It holds water against bare metal beware.

andreafahy01 06-12-2011 12:26 PM

It does get hot down there but I don't really care. How do you get that stuff off the floor? It's practically one with the metal!

knnphillips 06-12-2011 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ummmmmm about 2 days a scraper and a blow dryer. A blow dryer seemed to soften it up and allow for easier removal. A picture from after. Oh and a box cutter did wonders if I didn't snap the blades.

andreafahy01 06-12-2011 12:31 PM

ughh... nice work, doesn't sound like fun though!

knnphillips 06-12-2011 12:50 PM

Defiantly not. I had blisters forming where blisters had already been ripped off but I like it better now so I think it was worth it.

trennmaschine 06-12-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knnphillips (Post 1300183)
[snip]It holds water against bare metal beware.

Can you clarify this please? I'm not sure I get this...

MTH 06-12-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddMc
Hey guys havent seen this question yet but i was wondering do they have anything for the JK as far as interior to replace all the carpet?

Take it all out, bedline it, top it off with some good mats or liners, and declare victory. When my carpet starts to look bad, that's what the solution is going to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreafahy
Is that what those ridges are? heat shielding?

Sound dampening is what I've heard. Perhaps heat shielding as well.

knnphillips 06-12-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trennmaschine

Jeep just painted over this stuff so any water that gets in there. Since we all know water gets into everything I seats against the bare metal that's under it since there is no way for it to drain.

andreafahy01 06-12-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trennmaschine (Post 1300275)

the water gets trapped in the grooves and can't drain out. I rely on the summer sun to dry it out, over the years I could see it being a problem though (water sitting on the metal of the floor)

InfernoGirl 06-12-2011 08:12 PM

Mopar makes a rubber flooring to use in place of carpet as well. We have it in our JK. It's ok, bedlining is better IMO, but this is much less labor intensive than lining one... :)

knnphillips 06-12-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl
Mopar makes a rubber flooring to use in place of carpet as well. We have it in our JK. It's ok, bedlining is better IMO, but this is much less labor intensive than lining one... :)

Yea we need you working on our seat covers :-D I'll even be the test subject for you.

daggo66 06-13-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 1301123)

I was considering that liner, but saw a lot of complaints regarding the fitment. I also became concerned about what would happen if moisture found a way under it. Have you ever checked to see if anything could get under?

Adkjeep 06-13-2011 07:40 AM

Somebody over in JK forum who is currently in the military in Japan, said he pre-ordered a 2012 about a month ago for late September delivery (overseas military has early access to orders) and there **WAS** a carpet delete/factory bedliner option - he ordered it - for $495 MSRP.

This also jives with a VERY high up, connected, always reliable source over on Allpar forums that confirmed the $495 MSRP bedliner option coming down the pike.

So, take all that as you will. Maybe it will be a late availability option that we see closer to actual production?

InfernoGirl 06-13-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 1301968)
I was considering that liner, but saw a lot of complaints regarding the fitment. I also became concerned about what would happen if moisture found a way under it. Have you ever checked to see if anything could get under?

It fits loosely enough that anything that gets under it (and plenty does) evaporates easily. It's not like it's a vapor proof barrier..... :) The big bonus is that it's easier to clean than the carpet. I don't think it offers any other advantage than that it does shield some against the heat put out by the JK's. There is some padding on the underside. It's kind of like a gigantic floor mat in it's protection.

MTH 06-13-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 1301123)

That sounds interesting . . . . Any chance you could post a link? Can't seem to find it on the Mopar sites, but maybe I'm just a little dense. :dance:

daggo66 06-13-2011 10:10 AM

Found it: http://www.quadratec.com/products/14154_101.htm

InfernoGirl 06-13-2011 10:12 AM

mopar rubber floor liner - Google Search

MTH 06-13-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernoGirl (Post 1302391)

Damn Google. :redface: I was looking at the Mopar website.

That looks like a pretty good idea though. I'm surprised some of the aftermarket liner companies haven't come in and beat the price by 30% or so. But still, looks nice. :thumb: