Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Kansas Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f79/)
-   -   what shop or person to Install winch/w brush Gd? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f79/what-shop-or-person-to-install-winch-w-brush-gd-96573.html)

BenUSSSA 06-03-2011 01:12 PM

what shop or person to Install winch/w brush Gd?

I live in the Kansas city area. Would you please recommend a good reasonably priced person or shop to install a Tomken brush guard and winch to my YJ Wranger? and what is a good figure for the person or shop to charge me to install? I have no idea. Maybe someone has already posted a similar thread; however, I was not able to find it. Thank you very much from a rookie jeep owner.

distortedtj 06-03-2011 01:19 PM

Its 6 bolts and two wires to do. Thats it. Simple simple to install. Do you already have the bumper and winch? Hard to figure if you are asking about buying it also or just an install.

If you dont think you can do it yourself bring it down to Wichita and I'll throw it on for free. I would Not pay anyone to install items as simple as a bumper and winch.

jeepers29 06-03-2011 01:47 PM

This would be a great start off project for you to get into wrenching on your new Jeep. As previously posted, it doesn't get much simpler than this, and it would get your hands dirty.

BenUSSSA 06-03-2011 02:17 PM

Sorry about that - I meant I have the winch (8000lb) and the TOMKEN plate mount w/ brush guard on its way. I needed to know how much a reasonable install cost on it would be. Thank you very much for offering to put it on for me. I think the gas cost would drain my budget. I will definitely not forget about the offer though! Maybe it would be a good start off project. I was a little concerned with the wiring mainly and I wanted to do it myself but the weight of the winch and then with the awkwardness of the mount with the brush guard --- it just seemed like a little too much?...

distortedtj 06-03-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenUSSSA
Sorry about that - I meant I have the winch (8000lb) and the TOMKEN plate mount w/ brush guard on its way. I needed to know how much a reasonable install cost on it would be. Thank you very much for offering to put it on for me. I think the gas cost would drain my budget. I will definitely not forget about the offer though! Maybe it would be a good start off project. I was a little concerned with the wiring mainly and I wanted to do it myself but the weight of the winch and then with the awkwardness of the mount with the brush guard --- it just seemed like a little too much?...

Well isnt hard to mount my wife installed the winch on the front of mine and she is 5'6" and a buck 30.

Most shops all charge by the hour. Most at $85 an hour. Espect at least a 2 hr charge for a shop to install. :(

BenUSSSA 06-03-2011 06:05 PM

Thank you very much!

RBatman 06-05-2011 12:29 PM

The wiring is easy, positive and negative. About the easiest install you have after you getting the wrenching bug. As far as the awkwardness, I have taken my front and rear bumper (with tire carrier) off several times. If you're doing it your self just place one side on a raised platform, I used a chair. Then just lift the other side and put the bolts in hand tight. Go to the other side and do the same, then tighten them. Easy Easy and will save you some cash. Also, I am in Topeka, if you are ever in the area, only an hour away from KC, I will help you throw that thing on.