Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

CJ Lift information. . .

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Militia_CJ 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Here's a quickie... What is the best way to lift a CJ7 about 7in., should I go with a 2 1/4in. shackle and the rest suspension, or is there something else out there that would do me better?
Thanks again

#2 ·
SOA will get you about 6 and then a 1 in BL

but i think that 2 1/4 in. shackle, 1"BL, 4 in suspension would give you a better ride, but it will probabaly end up being almost double as expensive, i would have to look into it though because i havent really looked int o lift for cj's

#6 ·
Don't forget that a shackle lift only gets you about half the length of the shackle. Example would be a shackle that is one inch longer than original will net you about a half inch lift. This is also going to effect the steering geometry in the front. Mainly the pinion angle. As for that large or a lift, if a SOA is not in cards there is the option of adding coil springs. There is a kit sold by 4wd that will net you about 6.5". I think that is the right amount of lift.

#10 ·
i personally wouldn't do it, but if i did would not use the stock springs get yourself a set of RE(rubicon express) 1.5" spring over conversion springs these are made specificaly for spring over applications, they will provide about 5.5" of lift and thay flex like crazy too. but if your going to spend the money on that your just better off buying a 4" SUA lift kit for it cause its all complete. to go 7" you might consider the 2.5 RE springs. then you must remember to change shocks, pitman arm, a welder worth his weight, extended brake lines, front frive shaft, possibly the rear drive shaft, and the assorted little things that will pop up towards completion.

side note: with a spring over you will have alot of axle wrap in the rear and you will have to make a tracbar for it, to help reduce it and to save the u joints. not to mention there is quite a bit of welding and geometry that goes into it. you have to set the pinion correctly front and rear also you may have some steering issues to deal with and the infamous Death Wobble that comes from not having a trac bar in the front.

do your self a favor do it right the first time and you will be happier that way. cause it sux to not be able to drive your jeep cause it only drives in the direction it wants to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.