Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Massachusetts Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/)
-   -   Need good dealer north of Boston (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f90/need-good-dealer-north-of-boston-97133.html)

kev324 06-07-2011 03:15 PM

Need good dealer north of Boston

I'll be buying a JK this week or next. Does anyone have any experience with a good dealer / honest salesman in Eastern MA, north of Boston?

copleydad 06-10-2011 07:27 AM

Lawless in Woburn. Great bunch of guys and really cater to us jeep folk

kev324 06-11-2011 07:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. I went to Lawless on Thursday. I would like to do business with them, but they weren't willing to work with me on ordering a 2012. Today I will try Clark or Central. Too bad they are in opposite directions.

DakotaBuck 06-13-2011 08:52 AM

I won't go into detail, but I would avoid Brigham & Gill in Natick, MA.

kev324 06-14-2011 09:08 AM

Thanks for the advice.

Quick update on my search - I shopped at 4 dealers in total:

Lawless - Parking is a hassle. Salesman seemed nice, not pushy. Sales manager wasn't willing to order the vehicle I wanted (I want a 2012, he wants to sell a 2011 on the lot). Goodbye.

Grava - Their sales staff is useless. Nobody there knew anything about Jeeps. You would have thought I was shopping for a Jeep at a Ford dealer. We were finally able to build the Jeep I want in their VOIM, but we couldn't agree on a price. They were trying to screw me. They had the "I'm the only dealer in town" mentality.

Central - Very salesman-ish. They preyed upon me as soon as I walked through the door. This is a good place to ask questions to which you already know the answer. They have the "It's not a lie if it is what the customer wants to hear" mentality.

Clark - Was different from the previous 3 dealers from the start. Plenty of parking. Clean, un-crowded atmosphere. My saleswoman was great. She sought, and found, the correct answers to all the "test" questions I asked. They built my Jeep in the VOIM. I submitted a low offer. They accepted it and didn't even try to haggle with me on price. They did however push VIN etching and a very hefty doc fee on me. But, I can't blame them. They have to make a living too.

Anyway, the story isn't over yet. We'll see what surprises lie waiting for me when I take delivery. If all goes well I will give my official stamp of approval.

Dianeakamommy 06-15-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copleydad (Post 1295637)
Lawless in Woburn. Great bunch of guys and really cater to us jeep folk

I bought my JEEP from them and HATED the service department. Will never go thee again. They where a bunch of rude pricks. I did love the sales man that we worked with though.

uselessllama 06-19-2011 01:51 PM

If you haven't purchased a vehicle yet, I recommend Quirk Jeep in Braintree MA - where I used to work. Ask for Roman Davies, and tell him Jason Goldman sent you.

cbguns 08-09-2011 06:15 PM

I have had good luck with
495 jeep in Lowell

kev324 08-14-2011 08:56 AM

Just an update / recap. I ordered my 2012 JK on 6-11-11 at Clark Jeep in Methuen, MA. They were the 4th dealer I visited during that week. They were very easy to work with, unlike the previous dealers I had visited. I put down a deposit, and then the waiting game began. My Jeep arrived exactly 2 months later. I was worried about what surprises might lie waiting for me upon finalizing the paperwork and taking delivery. I spoke to my salesperson within minutes of the Jeep being unloaded from the truck. I told her that I would be down shortly to see it. She warned that dealer prep could take a while, but said she would do what she could to speed up the process. I felt like they really worked hard to get me driving the Jeep asap. There were no surprises with the paperwork. There was no pressure to buy anything extra. I could not be happier with the experience. I recommend Clark Jeep to anyone in the MA / NH area.