Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Winshield hinge lights and Hood mounted Highlift. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/winshield-hinge-lights-and-hood-mounted-highlift-97828.html)

necromancer_tat 06-12-2011 10:47 AM

Winshield hinge lights and Hood mounted Highlift.
 
Has anyone here ran either winshield hinge mounted lights, or a hood hinge mounted High Lift jack, or both at the same time? Where you still able to open the hood all the way up and lean it against the top of the winshield?

Chuck_wccr 06-12-2011 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't tried opening to hood ALL the way but I can prop it up with the rod no problem. Nothing is in the way.

TORO 06-12-2011 02:27 PM

I've got the windshield mounted lights and they do not interfere with the hood. I can still lean it all the way against the windshield.

necromancer_tat 06-12-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORO (Post 1300286)
I've got the windshield mounted lights and they do not interfere with the hood. I can still lean it all the way against the windshield.


Thanks for the input, I'm thinking of buying light mounts that bolt to the windshield hinges, but I'm also considering a highlift jack mount that mounts to the hood hinges. I want to make sure I can still open my hood all the way to the windshield without the highlift or lights preventing me from doing so...

sonofabeach 06-12-2011 08:10 PM

It looks like you can't lay the windshield down. Not a lot of Jeepers do but I do it from time to time on backroads and at the beach

Chuck_wccr 06-12-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer_tat

Thanks for the input, I'm thinking of buying light mounts that bolt to the windshield hinges, but I'm also considering a highlift jack mount that mounts to the hood hinges. I want to make sure I can still open my hood all the way to the windshield without the highlift or lights preventing me from doing so...

Itwont work. Just tested that theory

TORO 06-13-2011 02:30 AM

So lights=all good
Hilift=no go

Just get the lights and find another place to mount the hilift. Plenty of good spots for a mount.

necromancer_tat 06-13-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORO (Post 1301808)
So lights=all good
Hilift=no go

Just get the lights and find another place to mount the hilift. Plenty of good spots for a mount.

That's what it's seeming like.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.