Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   new top and sye kits (

mor3535 06-12-2011 01:10 PM

new top and sye kits
Hey fellow jeepers looking for a new top where is the best price for best product i have some buddies who bought new tops from best top and they are way thinner than mine want to get the most for the money but dont see the soft top companies advertising thickness of fabrics or zippers just how thick vinyl is for windows.Also looking for sye and driveline.

s3nt3nc3d 06-12-2011 01:23 PM

Bestop manufactures the OEM tops...IMO, if you want the best factory-like replacement, go with a Bestop Sailcloth Replace-a-Top. I have one and have had no problems with it whatsoever. It can be a little noisy at times mainly on windy days, but that's to be expected with a soft top.

tomkaren 06-12-2011 05:38 PM

replacement soft top
Bought the new Supertop NX and just love it. Just out so sometimes they become backordered. Call Qtek or 4wd and see about the new tops. Fabric and windows are as good or better then new factory.

Richd1963 06-13-2011 03:49 PM

I shopped around for a while and finally purchased my SYE kit and CV driveshaft here:
Advance Adapters Heavy Duty Slip Yoke Eliminator with CV XB Spline Drive Shaft
They had some special going and I think it was free shipping too.
Do yourself a favor if you don't already have rear upper adjustable control arms, get them at the same time. You can avoid the transfer case drop spacers and keep your skid plate where it belongs as well as get your pinion angle adjusted correctly all in one job. Rather than have to order them later and redo alot of stuff you have already done. Good luck and have fun. I did. Here are just two sites that offer up some good reading on the job ahead of ya.:thumb:
Advanced Adapters 231 SYE install
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts - NP231/242 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit

Phil05LJ 06-13-2011 04:12 PM

I did a bit of research and couldn't find any bad reviews on a Rugged Ridge SYE paired with a Adams CV driveshaft. I would have gone with AA/TW but I couldn't pass up the price of the RR/Adams. Ordered it today-