Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   New Jersey Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f93/)
-   -   Jackson/Monmouth County, NJ area question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f93/jackson-monmouth-county-nj-area-question-98165.html)

09sahara 06-14-2011 02:07 PM

Jackson/Monmouth County, NJ area question

Have any of you heard of the trails in collier mills(i Belive its new egypt jackson border) Im looking for places to go in Monmouth County and have been told this is the only place. Thanks for the answers.

old_blue 06-14-2011 05:00 PM

yes i go there every week, me and my friends swim in the lake there. Its a nice place, got a few mud holes and puddles in it, good for some nice relaxing trail riding and good ol fun

09sahara 06-14-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_blue (Post 1306003)
yes i go there every week, me and my friends swim in the lake there. Its a nice place, got a few mud holes and puddles in it, good for some nice relaxing trail riding and good ol fun

U have any idea if the trails are legal?

old_blue 06-14-2011 05:17 PM

yes, there made beaten trails, the only rules is you cant drive through the open fields, you have to be out by 9 and you cant swim in the lake which as you can tell by my previous post the rules are loosley enforced lol

DROD33 06-14-2011 06:55 PM

where exactly do these trails start?

old_blue 06-14-2011 07:05 PM

off of 539 you take colliers mill road. at the east colliers mill road, at the end of the road the pavement and ends and a dirt road starts, which is kind of the main road through the mill. just go through and explore, if you follow it down to success lake there are some good mud holes that branch off the main dirt road.

if wanna go back and explore id be happy to go do a little wheelin with ya

09sahara 06-14-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_blue (Post 1306314)
off of 539 you take colliers mill road. at the east colliers mill road, at the end of the road the pavement and ends and a dirt road starts, which is kind of the main road through the mill. just go through and explore, if you follow it down to success lake there are some good mud holes that branch off the main dirt road.

if wanna go back and explore id be happy to go do a little wheelin with ya

Any idea if the trails show up on gps since it sounds like it is a legitimate trail not made by a random person

old_blue 06-15-2011 07:52 AM

All I see on google maps is the main dirt road

09sahara 06-15-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_blue (Post 1307291)
All I see on google maps is the main dirt road

Any idea of any other places in monmouth county? I'm just trying to get info on different places in the area. I'm just starting to really use the jeep for what it's made for

old_blue 06-15-2011 01:02 PM

There are some trails up and down 70 and 539, havnt explores many but I see them a lot. And there is Wharton state forest a little ways down south. Bit of a trip but well worth the drive

09sahara 06-15-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_blue (Post 1307940)
There are some trails up and down 70 and 539, havnt explores many but I see them a lot. And there is Wharton state forest a little ways down south. Bit of a trip but well worth the drive

I got down to collier mills today. It was a nice quiet ride. Once I went off the main trail and into the small sand ones it was fun. It was just very easy it get lost in the maze of small side trails. I did a few times lol

srad600 06-15-2011 04:59 PM

Can some one give me something near there to put into google maps or GPS so I can see how far it is for me? Ill have my jeep done again in a week or so and Id like to hit some more trails.

09sahara 06-15-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srad600 (Post 1308504)
Can some one give me something near there to put into google maps or GPS so I can see how far it is for me? Ill have my jeep done again in a week or so and Id like to hit some more trails.

I know it is on the jackson border and the place is called collier mills. The guy that answered my questions can give more info i was only there my first time today.

srad600 06-15-2011 05:31 PM

Thanks man, looks like the wildlife management place that came up in maps is only about a hour away from me so if its near there thats not bad at all!

09sahara 06-15-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srad600 (Post 1308572)
Thanks man, looks like the wildlife management place that came up in maps is only about a hour away from me so if its near there thats not bad at all!

Yea thats it. It's not a technical place but it has sand and mud. I went because its a quit ride and im getting a feel for my jeep Im just starting to really use it.

njjeepthing 06-15-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srad600 (Post 1308504)

Closest major landmark!

New Egypt SpeedwayNew Egypt Speedway
720 Route 539
New Egypt, NJ 08533-2106
(609) 758-1900

old_blue 06-15-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09sahara (Post 1308583)
Yea thats it. It's not a technical place but it has sand and mud. I went because its a quit ride and im getting a feel for my jeep Im just starting to really use it.

thats why i like it, like a said before its good for some nice relaxing trail riding, the more you go the more you find too, theres a couple good spots to hit a ways in. i was there today actually

easiest way there is to take 539 to east colliers mill road, at the end of that road is the dirt road into the mill

09sahara 06-15-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_blue (Post 1309064)
thats why i like it, like a said before its good for some nice relaxing trail riding, the more you go the more you find too, theres a couple good spots to hit a ways in. i was there today actually

easiest way there is to take 539 to east colliers mill road, at the end of that road is the dirt road into the mill

That's how I went. I past a nice size lake by the entrance, do u have any idea how the fishing is. Sorry for all the questions not many people by me that have jeeps.

old_blue 06-15-2011 09:30 PM

its all good, i think the fishing is pretty decent, i think there is bass out there but i could be wrong. the first lake is where most people fish, if you stay straight on the dirt road quite a ways back is success lake that me and friends swim. theres also some good mud holes back that way

09sahara 06-15-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_blue (Post 1309143)
its all good, i think the fishing is pretty decent, i think there is bass out there but i could be wrong. the first lake is where most people fish, if you stay straight on the dirt road quite a ways back is success lake that me and friends swim. theres also some good mud holes back that way

Thanks man if u know ur way back there through the side trails me and my friend are going again next week. We are looking for a second jeep to go with us.

old_blue 06-15-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09sahara (Post 1309240)
Thanks man if u know ur way back there through the side trails me and my friend are going again next week. We are looking for a second jeep to go with us.

yea sure im always down, i know my way a little bit, just lemme know what day

09sahara 06-15-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_blue (Post 1309259)
yea sure im always down, i know my way a little bit, just lemme know what day

Me and my friend are good for fridays and wednesday u can pm me whats best.

old_blue 06-16-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09sahara

Me and my friend are good for fridays and wednesday u can pm me whats best.

I'm off Fridays so that's best for me

pas914 06-16-2011 10:27 AM

I'm a new Jeeper who works out that way and would be interested in meeting up as well if that'd be ok. I've only had my Wrangler a few weeks and have yet to take it off road, so a "nice easy" trail sounds pretty inviting -- let me know when you're heading out that way if you wouldnt mind showing me around too!

Paul

old_blue 06-16-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pas914 (Post 1310188)
I'm a new Jeeper who works out that way and would be interested in meeting up as well if that'd be ok. I've only had my Wrangler a few weeks and have yet to take it off road, so a "nice easy" trail sounds pretty inviting -- let me know when you're heading out that way if you wouldnt mind showing me around too!

Paul

yea sure, it looks like we may be goin the 24th, its a nice place to break in your jeep and get a feel for what it can do

09sahara 06-21-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_blue (Post 1310810)
yea sure, it looks like we may be goin the 24th, its a nice place to break in your jeep and get a feel for what it can do

sorry man something came up can't make friday i will let u know next time i get down there next time.

Jeffd34 06-23-2011 11:23 AM

We got to Colliers Mills every now and then. We were just there on Fathers Day. Lots of sand and a few mud holes. We went all the way back to Success Lake to do some fishing. The main road to success lake is on the gps for awhile, and ends just before the lake. Just keep going it will be on your left.
There is also another good area for playing around in if you take a right just after entering the mill. We take my wifes jku sahara(stock) and do just fine.
We have also gone out to assunpink wildlife mgt area. It is similar to Colliers Mills but with some more mud, and trails. Good fishing there also. Assunpink is located near Rossevelt, nj or off of exit 11 on 195.

pas914 06-23-2011 10:13 PM

I took a spur of the moment ride out there earlier today (just after an absolute DOWNPOUR) and had a blast. I've only had my Jeep (1st one) for about a month, and this was my first time going off road. As Jeffd34 said, lots of sand on the trails, but there is a muddy/marshy area to the right that was fun to play around in. Not sure if it was a result of all the rain, but a large portion looked like a lake/swamp .. normally like that?

BramblerAbercrombie 07-04-2011 05:05 PM

Hope to see some of u guys out there. I've passed that place so many times and thought nothing of it cause it looks private. Thanks for the info.

Jeffd34 07-05-2011 07:44 AM

I was just there on Sat. It was very dry, didnt see any mud. We just hit some sandy trails to the right of the entrance. Had a blast though. We took the yj this time.