Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   rookie beoch (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/rookie-beoch-9857.html)

#12 07-25-2007 12:45 AM

rookie beoch

whats going on you all. i am from sacramento, i was a previous jeep owner, and now i have just recently purchased an 87 for a really good deal. i have spent a lot of time upgrading my 2000 Z28, and now i want a jeep again. so i am here to learn about my new jeep and do you all proud by doing it right. so please help a rookie out and whats first, she already has 33in with a 4 in lift, new top. whats next for me?

Dare2BSquare 07-25-2007 12:48 AM

How do you plan to use "her"? Drive it a while and see what "she" needs.

Welcome to the assylum.

crafty 07-25-2007 12:48 AM

Welcome back to the Jeep world. Maybe a winch, new bumpers or a locker?

Texapple 07-25-2007 12:51 AM

welcome to WF

Levinoss 07-25-2007 01:57 AM

First off WELCOME!

Second, what are you wanting to use her for? Off-roading or just a Daily Driver?

~Lev

02Prove 07-25-2007 09:08 AM

If off roading I would suggest locker, skids, and body armor.

If not off roading... give it to me. :D

Welcome either way.

skeeter 07-25-2007 09:42 AM

Surf board rack.

#12 07-25-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texapple (Post 108404)
welcome to WF

thanks guys. my plan of use is more so a combination of both but more so, 75% road daily use and 25% mudn about, by me we have a lake and river with some mild climbs, keeping simple really.

witch is why i looked for at least a 4 in lift and 33 or higher in tire size. this 87 only had 120K miles on it. bur internally it has nothing done, "SHE" is still stock otherwise.

i was looking for advice on my first steps, intakes, exhaust, headers, gears, etc...

gordon 07-25-2007 09:46 AM

welcome

what about a block heater?
joking!!
Have fun with it.

#12 07-25-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 108473)
Surf board rack.

oh i get it, cause i am from california, right. its a joke or a generalization, ....its funny. cause everybody from california is a surfer dude, i am surprised i had any time to post on this forum cause i am so busy smoking bomb, and catchin some gnarly waves.
only really funny peolpe tell funny jokes, and you buddy are HILARIOUS.
do you have anything useful for me or you just tell jokes?

Walkeraviator 07-25-2007 10:59 AM

With 120K miles I woudl start with the basics. Tune up (plugs, wires, rotr, cap, inline fuel filter) Chances are there is a lot of past due regular maintenance that could be done. Beyond that, I would just stand back and look at the thing. What "looks" like it needs work?? Is anything faded or worn out? Then if you are serious about the offroad thing... Lockers, and some body protection and skid plates. If you dont wanna get that wild trail riding, then focus on the appearance thing.

The thing that makes jeeps great is you can do what you want to make it YOURS. Have fun with it. and remember:
J-ust
E-mpty
E-very
P-ocket

Oh and go drool at this website http://www.quadratec.com

Dare2BSquare 07-25-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #12 (Post 108482)
oh i get it, cause i am from california, right. its a joke or a generalization, ....its funny. cause everybody from california is a surfer dude, i am surprised i had any time to post on this forum cause i am so busy smoking bomb, and catchin some gnarly waves.

You have to realize that there is some great information to be had here, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. We like to kid around. Sometimes you have to wade through a couple of thread hijackings to get to the information you want.

It's all good. We are friendly and crazy at the same time. :D :D :D

#12 07-25-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 108501)
You have to realize that there is some great information to be had here, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. We like to kid around. Sometimes you have to wade through a couple of thread hijackings to get to the information you want.

It's all good. We are friendly and crazy at the same time. :D :D :D

oh i figured, i was just being a smartBLEEP back at him. it was just kinda a low blow thats all. i too like JOKES.
i am pretty used to the back and forth of the forums, i own a camaro and belong to a fourm for that as well.

gordon 07-25-2007 12:17 PM

heater

Up here it gets to -40 degrees in the winter and every vehicle we own has a block heater. The wrangler that i ordered last was ordered with a block heater $35.00, $125.00 after market. Most motels and apartments have plugins for guests. I guess regional humor was taken wrongly.

02Prove 07-25-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #12 (Post 108475)
i was looking for advice on my first steps, intakes, exhaust, headers, gears, etc...

You aren't going to notice any big noticeable gains from intakes and in some cases I have heard of gas mileage getting a little worse. If nothing is wrong with the stock exhaust and your factory manifold I wouldn't worry about doing headers and such as you will not really see any power gains there either. Gears would be a step in the right direction if your rig seems sluggish and as far as the rest goes I posted my suggestions earlier.

I know there are some awesome wheeling spots in Cali so you can do much more than play in mud if you want to.

Good luck with your build whatever direction you take and most importantly have fun. :wavey:

02Prove 07-25-2007 12:28 PM

Double post... please delete.

Walkeraviator 07-25-2007 12:31 PM

Yeah most people do those mods more so for the sound than the performance. If you want good sound.. do what I did...... wait. They eventually wear out.

noise 07-25-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #12 (Post 108482)

Well we should get along well. Welcome new dude! I like ur post.

debruins 07-25-2007 05:25 PM

Welcome to WF!!

:wavey:
(i guess im just a tad late eh?)

4point 07-25-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noise (Post 108556)
Well we should get along well. Welcome new dude! I like ur post.

Kinda reminds me of a newb who joined not to long ago. I think his name was "one that". :rofl:

Dare2BSquare 07-25-2007 11:41 PM

"one that" changes his username?

#12 07-28-2007 01:27 PM

thanks for the input. i am lucky really they guy i bought this from really knew his stuff, and took good care of it. i just want to maintain the integrity of this jeep by doing the right thing. he spent a lot of TLC, Time, Love, and Cash and want to do the same.
its a 90 4.2, does this year or model have any trademark problems or quirks i need to know about?

"have a smile and a coke", will smith, bad boys 1

debruins 07-28-2007 04:18 PM

no not any i can think of, besides sqaure headlights i mean (ducks below table away from YJ guys)

my suggestion would be to get some armor, not too much, some corner guards and two new bumpers and a winch, that will give you the looks you want and also really help you to get out of sticky situations