Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2011 / 2012 sport vs sport S package (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2011-2012-sport-vs-sport-s-package-98898.html)

ed0985587 06-20-2011 02:21 AM

2011 / 2012 sport vs sport S package

Hey guys new to the forum. I went on Thursday and ordered my 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S Model in the cosmos blue color. Of course I've been doing nothing but reading and comparing and I am thinking about changing my order at the dealership.

I thought I had all of this down which is why I went and ordered. My main question is what is the main difference in the Sport and Sport S package? All I can really tell is the 17" wheels rather than the 16" (I will be changing out the wheels anyways and getting a small lift so I don't care about the stock ones much).

Is air conditioning standard on a regular sport unlimited say on the 2011 models? When I go to the site and I build both jeeps (unlimited sport and unlimited sport S) there is about a $2200 difference in the packages with the same options that I chose.

When I look at standard included features it lists:

Climate Control Options
  • Air Conditioning

So my question is what is the main difference? Should I go up there tomorrow and change my order (they do not start production on it until the end of July). I would feel like a complete idiot if I was paying $2200 for 17" wheels over 16"....especially since I will be changing them anyways.

Thanks for your replies guys!

ed0985587 06-20-2011 02:50 AM

After a bit more reading I found the following:

The 2011 Wrangler Sport S model has $1,400 in “no charge equipment,” adding air conditioning, satellite radio, 17-inch Moab-style wheel, tinted windows, and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.

I was also seeing that power locks and windows is not standard on the regular sport.....so maybe I chose the right package I wanted and can justify the extra money.

bflank 06-20-2011 04:03 AM

On our 2009 X, the S package included all the things you mentioned and has been worth the extra expense for us. I do recommend you see if they will swap out the tires for the Rubi type BFG-KM tires unless you intend only limited off road driving.

ed0985587 06-20-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bflank (Post 1318138)
On our 2009 X, the S package included all the things you mentioned and has been worth the extra expense for us. I do recommend you see if they will swap out the tires for the Rubi type BFG-KM tires unless you intend only limited off road driving.

I asked them about that when I ordered but it was really expensive buying the tires for them. I was going to do a Teraflex 2.5" lift and probably some new BFG wheels and tires whatever kind I decide on....probably a bigger all terrain tire. Now I am having second thoughts about the Cosmos Blue color I ordered. I am really liking white more and more. I better make my mind up quick before it's too late! :banghead: