Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Howdy from west Texas (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/howdy-from-west-texas-99880.html)

Blackey4x4 06-26-2011 11:56 AM

Howdy from west Texas

Howdy. I, as you can tell, am from west Texas. I've had 2 jeeps. My first one was a 2009 4-door wrangler, buuuuuuuuut it was 2WD. Yep, I was one of the 3 people in the United States that had a 2WD jeep. I didn't even know they made jeeps 2WD! But now i am the proud owner of a 2009 2-door 4WD wrangler. I am looking to do a lot of things to it. Currently it has a Rugged Ridge light bar across the front with 3 lights on it, and Rugged Ridge windshield mount light bar across the top with 5 lights, a total of 8 lights! But unfortunately, the guy who installed the lights only put 2 switches in the inside for the lights. And i was told you have to have a switch for every 2 lights, so therefore, the 8 lights are causing the wires to overheat and if they get too hot they stop working for a extended period of time. So i have to get that fixed, but i want to get a lift, wheels and tires, flat fenders, rock guards, and front and rear bumpers. Money is the only problem though. i have a job but all my money is going to food and gas. The only thing i have bought for my jeep is a set of quadratec floor liners, which i love. In August I will start my senior year at high school and then i plan to go to college. I want to go to Colorado to be with my fellow jeeps, but it cost too much money so the only way i could go would be a full rude scholarship, which i am currently looking at. Either that or i am looking at Texas A&M. Anywho, thats pretty much it, sooooo HELLO wranglerforum!

blkrubi88 06-26-2011 12:26 PM

Welcome! I almost messed up and bought a 2WD!

JDsDream 06-26-2011 12:35 PM

Welcome to the Forum

Jab97jeep 06-26-2011 01:01 PM

Hey y'all I'm down here in TN, originally CO. I started off with a 2000 Cherokee, messed that one up due to a snowy road and an oncoming car smacking the crap outta me, the a 1999 ranger for a couple months. It served me well, but I missed the Jeep feel. So, when that crapped out at 208,000 miles, I went out and bought a 97 white TJ 4wd, and most importantly, 5spd. Overall, I love jeeps, and so far the info shared here is quite helpful. Plus it's nice to be able to communicate strictly with other Jeepers

RatherBNarizona 06-26-2011 02:17 PM

Welcome to WF! A little off-topic, but we have a ton of college kids on here, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

shell 06-26-2011 02:43 PM

Welcome from San Antonio!!:wavey:

Jab97jeep 06-26-2011 03:03 PM

Thanks y'all. I'm pretty new to all this, and at the risk of starting an argument, daddy didn't buy me my TJ, so the mods I'm looking at doing I'm pretty inexperienced in haha. If anyone has any wrangler tips a newbie should be wary of please share. I really would like to keep her runnin as long as possible :smiley:

TxF150 06-26-2011 03:29 PM

Welcome from Southeast Texas :wavey:

Ageless Stranger 06-26-2011 10:20 PM

Welcome to WF. :cool:

Blackey4x4 06-26-2011 11:28 PM

awesome. thanks guys. i really appreciate it. i cant wait to learn new things and such about jeeps