Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

lets see those 4 banger yjs

38K views 215 replies 129 participants last post by  Mkelchner92 
#1 ·
this is my 88 yj 4 banger no mods yet. im trying to see what a 4 banger is capable of so any mods or anything please post.

See less See more
#10 ·

89 5 speed manual. LOTS of mods, including a custom home audio system complete with a digital tape player, custom zip tied light on the soft top support, spare tire light spliced into the brake light switch, KC Daylighter offroad spotlights, custom wired dash lights and bald front tires. Can't forget the 1" shackles. Haven't removed the trac bars or way bar yet.

#14 ·
This is my 94YJ. Here is what I have done thus far.

4 inch rough country lift
33x12.5 tires
replaced front bumper
warn winch
rear bumper with tire swing
new seats
Painted inside tube with bed liner paint
painted ext with Durabak pain (truck bed liner paint)

to-do:
need to paint hard doors to match the rest of the YJ (thinking about repainting everything black)
Hope to replace rear axle with ford 8.8 with 4.88 gears this fall

Here are some pics (winch was added since pics were taken)

I have better pictures at home. I am currently at work and dont have them with me. Also tinted the hard top windows.

#20 ·
my 92

5in BDS SUA lift, stretched 4 inches, long travel bilstiens, CT custom metal booms, Warn armor, 8.8 out back alloyed 30 up front 33 13.5 pitbulls

soon to be fully caged and stretched on XJ springs to the magic 100 inch wheel base mark, lose the 30 and 8.8 and get something that will take a 37in tire, keeping the same lift height though. oh and I'm going to run it off propane

#22 ·
That's my 95 Rio Grande
179000 mi
2.5" RC SL
.5" shackles
31x10 GY Wrangler RT-S

#23 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post!
My 95 YJ 2.5l with 175k on the odometer :D
Had it for 2 months now and added some upgrades.
OME Heavy Duty 2.5" lift kit w/ 1" greasable shackles. Suspension is so smooth :D
31x10.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs on Pro Comp steelies
SRS rear bumper w/tire carrier
Diamond plate aluminum, 6" pocket fenders, and nerf bars all sprayed with Rustoleum Bedliner.

Here's the before:

After:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.