Mods I wont do on JL I did on JK - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Wrangler Technical Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree25Likes
  • 5 Post By Deezus
  • 5 Post By NullNomad
  • 4 Post By aqualungs
  • 3 Post By Deezus
  • 4 Post By Bonecollector
  • 2 Post By NullNomad
  • 2 Post By Smitty14
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-14-2018, 08:32 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Deezus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 167
Mods I wont do on JL I did on JK

Angry grill of any kind.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

JeeperJ, Frydaddy, XBD and 2 others like this.
Deezus is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
NullNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Angry grill of any kind.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk


NOT a fan of them AT ALL

__________________
- Owning a Jeep is a love affair, mostly between the Jeep and your wallet

- 2018 JLU Rubicon Granite “Spooky" Laser 10
NullNomad is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
aqualungs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,671
Grill inserts, hood latches, interior led bulbs, HD tire carrier, aux switch install (have factory switches), regear, gussets, Trutrac, full stereo install..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain.
aqualungs is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-15-2018, 10:02 AM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
Deezus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
Grill inserts, hood latches, interior led bulbs, HD tire carrier, aux switch install (have factory switches), regear, gussets, Trutrac, full stereo install..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hood latches only if they are locking ones of high quality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Phynal, aqualungs and NullNomad like this.
Deezus is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #5
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
aqualungs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Hood latches only if they are locking ones of high quality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


For sure!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain.
aqualungs is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
sfadchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 356
Snorkel, ProRock, Fender Flares, Fender Liners.
__________________
2018 Bright White JLUR
2" Mopar Lift & 37" Cooper SST Pros
sfadchi is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
WXman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Kentucky, USA
Posts: 2,864
Gears, 15" wheels, CB radio, and bikini top.

The first three are now obsolete or unecessary and the fourth is a waste of money in this part of the country.
__________________
Current Jeep: 2020 JT Sport S, Firecracker Red, 8-speed, 3.6L, Daystar lift, 35" STT Pro, AO Lonestar wheels, MAX TOW pkg, M.O.R.E. dead pedal, Supernova V.4 bulbs, QRC winch bumper, ZXR12000 winch, etc.
WXman is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #8
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Bonecollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,822
Gonna try really hard not to get T Boned and flip it..... really bad Mod.
__________________
"Comfort is an illusion. Comfort is neither welcome nor tolerated here"

2013 JKU DD, 2015 JKUR, 2018 JLUR DD
Bonecollector is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
NullNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
Gonna try really hard not to get T Boned and flip it..... really bad Mod.
Completely agree. Flip mods are only worth it when self inflicted.
Bonecollector and Mankind like this.
__________________
- Owning a Jeep is a love affair, mostly between the Jeep and your wallet

- 2018 JLU Rubicon Granite “Spooky" Laser 10
NullNomad is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Smitty14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNomad View Post
NOT a fan of them AT ALL
I'm a lifer, and I still don't get the appeal to doing that to the grill. You take the most ICONIC thing about a Jeep and spend good money to ruin it. Oddly as I am typing this, the banner on this website is demonstrating my point by displaying 8 JK's grills.

I for one am passing on:
paracord grab handles (unless I can replace the molded ones with minimal work)
Aftermarket bumpers (got the steel option)
replacing stock zippers with wetsuit zippers (soft top is now zipperless)
CB radio (going hand held route this time)
aqualungs and NullNomad like this.
Smitty14 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
Grill inserts, hood latches, interior led bulbs, HD tire carrier, aux switch install (have factory switches), regear, gussets, Trutrac, full stereo install..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you not like the Trutrac’s? I was considering a sport then regearing and adding a trutrac when available. Should I just get the factory limited slip and forget about changing the differential when I regear?
Neversatisfied is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:28 PM
Thread Starter
  #12
Jeeper
 
Deezus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty14 View Post
I'm a lifer, and I still don't get the appeal to doing that to the grill. You take the most ICONIC thing about a Jeep and spend good money to ruin it. Oddly as I am typing this, the banner on this website is demonstrating my point by displaying 8 JK's grills.

I for one am passing on:
paracord grab handles (unless I can replace the molded ones with minimal work)
Aftermarket bumpers (got the steel option)
replacing stock zippers with wetsuit zippers (soft top is now zipperless)
CB radio (going hand held route this time)
The steel ones aren't as strong as aftermarket ones and they cost 1400.
And yes hand held this time as well. That's what she said.... Heh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Deezus is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:04 PM   #13
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
aqualungs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
Did you not like the Trutrac’s? I was considering a sport then regearing and adding a trutrac when available. Should I just get the factory limited slip and forget about changing the differential when I regear?


I loved my Trutrac! I have a factory LSD, so I won’t change it unless it wears out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain.
aqualungs is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.