Originally Posted by 87_WhyJay
OH, Ok. Cool. Thanks for the education. Ya Know, I just might own one of these JL's, one of the days.
Word! I'm thinking about trading in my 2015, but I can't make up my mind what exactly I want!
* The 2019MY production is almost complete, and from what I gather it's already spinning down so certain options are no longer available.
* The 2020MY includes a PHEV (hybrid) that I'm interested in
* At the same time, 2019MY might be the last chance to get a plain 3.6L V6. The 2020MY apparently comes with BSG - similar to how the 2.0T is currently setup with a battery to provide a little torque assist. Knowing Chrysler, it might be better to go with the simpler more reliable drivetrain.
* Also, colors, and stuff like that.
* Plus, I could theoretically expand my budget to get a rubicon with those lovely looking steel bumpers.
If I went with a 2019, I would either want a MOAB or a Rubicon, so I could have steel bumpers, leather seats, etc. But I don't want mud tires, and that makes the Moab a less attractive option.
So yeah, might hang on to my JK a little longer. Besides, the JL has smaller speakers and looking around there's a ton of potential issues. x_X