not sure if there's an 'I'm new here' section of the forum, so forgive me if I stuck this in the wrong place.
Just joined and looking forward to wasting a lot of time here as I do on about 10 other car forums.
- based in the Chicago burbs and a true car nut
- married 40 year old father of 3 crazy a$$ boys
- love long walks on the beach and romantic comedies....
Seriously though, I'm a car nut and just ordered a '12 JKU Sahara in Bright White - pretty much loaded up. I've never gone off roading, but looking to have fun. I probably don't fit the typical Jeep hardcore dude mojo, but my buddy has a fully tricked out CJ, so I've got him to run with for that. I went the Sahara route because I need the creature comforts - in sales and in the car/on the phone a ton. I have 'fun' cars and I want to have the same level of fun in my daily that I do in my fun cars. I love the idea of a 4 door convertible for my kids. I'm going the JKU after driving a '09 BMX X5 for the last 2.5 years so something completely different!
My fun cars are:
- 2005 Lotus Elise Supercharged - basically a tiny fun go kart with a body kit. An absolute blast for street and track (HPDE and Autocross)
- 1969 Leyland Mini Moke - google them! It's in the classic vintage Mini Cooper family. Basically, a beach buggy version of a Mini. In the process of restoring it. Pure fun! My wife said 'that thing looks like a Jeep raped a golf cart'. I'll use the JKU to flat tow this to and from various events/shows and our summer home.
Gotta start thinking about various street mods - spider shade, slush mats and painting/pcoating my wheels in Mineral Grey.
Hopefully this all passes the Jeep Owner's sniff test!!
Great site and looking forward to learning a lot.