Hi everyone. I purchased my first jeep this summer. I bought a used 08 Wranger Unlimited X Auto 4x4. It has a good mix of the optional equipment...hard top, sat radio, power group, towing package, 17in wheels, running boards, etc. A few guys at my work have jeeps so I guess I got the bug. It is very fun to drive. I always had a 4x4 truck, but decided to switch to the wrangler and no regrets so far. Here is a short list of my experiences with my jeep:
1. Had rattle at certain speeds which turned out to be the shield on the exhaust. Fixed with a clamp for now an no more noise.
2. After removing my freedom tops on one trip, I had the famous drip where they join at the center. Reinstalled the tops and drip went away. Also purchased some Sil Glyde to put on the area and that seems to be a big help. Had the tops off a few times and no leaks. Didn't want to have seal worked on for fear of developing leaks elsewhere. Leaks don't bother me, just would like to avoid them above the electronics.
3. Noticed small amount of damp carpet close to subwoofer mount in the back after a few heavy rains. Not worth fixing in my opinion. Pulled the plug from the tool bay and figured that if I leaked enough the water would run out there.
4. Wicked wobble after tire rotation due to out of balance tire being placed on the front. Got tire balanced an no more wobble.
5. Had the ECU flashed for the HOTOIL warning after reading about it hear on the forum. Also got listed with Jeep for any recalls.
Anyway, I've been lurking around for a while and I've been able to fine an abundance of useful information on this forum. Thanks!