09-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Join Date: Aug 2013
New to Jeeps....Looking to buy Sahara
Currently own a 2007 Mustang GT. Wanted a Jeep back in high school but, decided at the time that the muscle car life was more my suit. Looking to trade in my old girl for either a brand new 2013-2014 Sahara 4x4 w/ soft-top or slightly used 2012 with low miles and lift kit and tires already installed. Leaning more towards the lightly used Jeep.
Questions: These are very broad questions....
1. How reliable are Jeeps? Maintenance Costs? Taking care of soft top?
2. With a lift kit are there any other major parts that need to be installed along with the coil overs, struts, bushings, etc.?
3. What should be my final buying cost when leaving the dealership? Example...If I find a used Sahara with low miles and lift kit (3"-4") and tire package already installed, should I expect to pay around the same as a brand new Sahara without the lift kit?
4. I hear Jeep parts can break relatively easy when off-roading on terrain such as rock due to prolonged stress. True/false? Explain please.
5. I won't be going off-roading a lot since I live in southern Florida but, when I do it will be on land that offers small creeks to cross and rocks to crawl. Any places near the northern parts of Florida that you guys would recommend?
6. When off-roading what should I bring along with me? Say, for a weekend trip. Camping gear, emergency kit, blah blah blah...
7. What kind of gas mileage should I expect from a lifted Jeep with 35" tires and 16-17in wheels and possibly 3.73 gear ratio? Mostly city driving..
Any questions you have for me or any additional tips are would be great!
I apologize in advance if some of these questions have been asked or seem slightly stupid. Just trying to be a part of the Jeep community.
I'm in the market to buy a Sahara
. Sorry but, that's not my Rubi as my avatar...I'm just a noob to this forum...don't be mean.