new to the forum - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Community Forums > WF New Member Check In

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-22-2016, 12:38 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Texas
Posts: 7
new to the forum

Howdy y'all!

I'm new to this forum but I've owned Jeeps for about 10 years. I'm not particularly experienced wrenching Jeeps but I've been working on Harley's for over 20 years so at least I have some experience swinging a hammer.

I'll try to keep my mouth shut and my ears open as much as possible.

__________________
'94 YJ (RETIRED)
'97 XJ (RETIRED)
'11 JKU
skullyface is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:26 AM   #2
HOHOHO,MERRY CHRISTMAS

5-Year WF Supporting Member
WF Lifetime Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The cold, snowy, windy North Pole.
Posts: 26,374
to the Forum..

__________________
1974 CJ5, 2003 TJ, 2013 2 door Black Rubicon, auto, with 4.10 ratio.
Shaking at 40-70 MPH, Read this!!!

The Mighty Grizzly is not concerned,
with
the needs of the Hunter....


Click here and become a WF supporting Member
Old Dogger is online now   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:27 AM   #3
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 10
Maybe you can help me since it sounds like you know what you're talking about
Brooksiekat is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-22-2016, 04:56 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,421
Welcome to WF
__________________
17' Wrangler Sport
2012 Wrangler (SOLD)
2012 Wrangler (SOLD)
U.S. Army 88-93
Templar is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Thank you Veterans

5-Year WF Supporting Member
WF Lifetime Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 41,422
Welcome to the forum!

Click here for tips to help you use the forum

_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Beastmaster is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #6
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
beeshka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullyface View Post
Howdy y'all!

I'm new to this forum but I've owned Jeeps for about 10 years. I'm not particularly experienced wrenching Jeeps but I've been working on Harley's for over 20 years so at least I have some experience swinging a hammer.

I'll try to keep my mouth shut and my ears open as much as possible.
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from in South Texas? I am in Houston and have always heard that Corpus and South Pardre Island can be a fun time Jeepin. It's a place the wife and I talked about bringing the kids to. (not during spring break though lol)

There are many great threads and some really cool folks on WF. Jump into some threads and join in on the fun. Don't worry about keeping your mouth shut, we would love to hear from you, we are a friendly bunch. Glad to have you here!
beeshka is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 1,525
to the forum
Enjoy
Sheriff-wp is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:47 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
MrSig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Davie, Fl
Posts: 33,521
and enjoy the forum!
__________________
07 JKUSR to see my mods or Jeep in action go to http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org,
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
MrSig is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Thread Starter
  #9
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Texas
Posts: 7
I live in the Corpus area. I spend a lot of time on the Island (since I'm a part-time professional photographer and do a lot of landscape and nature photos. This is my 3rd Jeep but I've never made the effort to get really involved in the community. I've only been to one Jeep Event.
I've spent 30 years going to bike rallies and being in that group. I would love to get to that same point with the Jeep community. I'll be looking for an active Jeep Club in the CC area to join ASAP if anyone has recommendations.
__________________
'94 YJ (RETIRED)
'97 XJ (RETIRED)
'11 JKU
skullyface is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:30 PM   #10
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
beeshka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullyface View Post
I live in the Corpus area. I spend a lot of time on the Island (since I'm a part-time professional photographer and do a lot of landscape and nature photos. This is my 3rd Jeep but I've never made the effort to get really involved in the community. I've only been to one Jeep Event.
I've spent 30 years going to bike rallies and being in that group. I would love to get to that same point with the Jeep community. I'll be looking for an active Jeep Club in the CC area to join ASAP if anyone has recommendations.
On the forum we have state specific threads (scroll way way down on the home page) also there is a great app called Meetup and should provide helpful info for other Jeepers in your area. Have you ever been to Sturgis on your bike, while I have never been, it seems like the Jeep Sturgis is Easter Jeep Safari or EJS, no wildness tho, just good family fun that God willing my family and I will be able to go to sometime. It looks like so much fun. Also, coming up in a few weeks we have the Go Topless event in Galveston , actually Bolivar on Crystal Beach. Jeepers from all over the state convoy to the island. The turn out is always in the 1000's, I wanna say 5k+. Now that can be a bit of a party at nite based on the feedback of some friends who have been. Regardless, all local people from all over the state meet up somewhere in there city and drive down together. Reminds me of the Houston Rodeo with the trail ride in.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your Jeep with a nice backdrop. There also is a photographer thread on the forum and some of the pics are incredible.

Have a good one. Enjoy the nice weather we are having here in the southern part of TX right now.
beeshka is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Thread Starter
  #11
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Texas
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshka View Post
On the forum we have state specific threads (scroll way way down on the home page) also there is a great app called Meetup and should provide helpful info for other Jeepers in your area. Have you ever been to Sturgis on your bike, while I have never been, it seems like the Jeep Sturgis is Easter Jeep Safari or EJS, no wildness tho, just good family fun that God willing my family and I will be able to go to sometime. It looks like so much fun. Also, coming up in a few weeks we have the Go Topless event in Galveston , actually Bolivar on Crystal Beach. Jeepers from all over the state convoy to the island. The turn out is always in the 1000's, I wanna say 5k+. Now that can be a bit of a party at nite based on the feedback of some friends who have been. Regardless, all local people from all over the state meet up somewhere in there city and drive down together. Reminds me of the Houston Rodeo with the trail ride in.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your Jeep with a nice backdrop. There also is a photographer thread on the forum and some of the pics are incredible.

Have a good one. Enjoy the nice weather we are having here in the southern part of TX right now.
Thanks for the info and for all of the "welcomes".
I've been to some national motorcycle events but I mostly stick to club events and Texas motorcycle events but I get your drift. I heard of one called the Jeep Jamboree that I'll have to read up on. I'll check the other boards to see what's up.

__________________
'94 YJ (RETIRED)
'97 XJ (RETIRED)
'11 JKU
skullyface is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.