05-11-2019, 02:03 AM
Join Date: May 2019
Tire/Wheel Advice Needed
Hey all, proud new owner of a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 6 speed. It is honestly so fun to drive. New to this forum too, and it looks awesome in topics/posts I have looked at so far.
My Jeep needs new shoes, and would love some opinions. Apologies if this has been covered in other posts. Current specs of my rig:
- 2” lift
- Came with 33x12.5 Dick Cepeks F-C
- Came with 17x8 Black Rock Viper Series 900
- See my profile pic for what it all looks like
I am going to replace the tires with BFG KO2’s, but am deciding on the size. The Dicks are 33”, and are 10” wide (not sure why they are called 33x12.5 when they are actually 10” wide; if somebody knows the answer to that riddle I am all ears). I like the 33” but would like a little bigger.
I am going to go with Rugged Ridge XHD black satin, either 17x9 or 17.8.
I would like a bigger tire but not one that I have to lift it higher or that will cause articulation problems. I am not doing crazy rock climbing; lots of daily driving with occasional fun.
The KO2 sizes I am looking at are:
- 34x10.5 R17
I like the 315’s because of the 34.4” diameter - the 34’s are only 33.5”. However, would the 315’s are 12.5” wide. So questions I have are:
1. Any other 17” KO2 that would be 34ish? Or even on an 18” wheel?
2. Would the Rugged Ridge 17x9 with the 315’s cause any issues? I wouldn’t think so as the backspacing/offset should take care of that, just that they would stick out from the fender a little more?
3. If I went with the 34’s would a 17x 8.5 or a 17x9 be better?
4. Any handling or too much donut issues with the 315’s to be concerned with?
5. Would a 35” be ok, like a rim of 18x9?
Thanks so much in advance for any ideas, getting stuck in tire/wheel analysis paralysis here. 🤣