Dealer says April 1st can order Gladiator - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JT Jeep Gladiator Forum > JT Gladiator General Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-19-2019, 08:20 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 156
Dealer says April 1st can order Gladiator

No itís not an April fools joke . Got a call from my dealer and he says April 1st you can order . Told him I already ordered a raptor but would really enjoy seeing one in person .

He complained about Jeep and how they are not sharing any info with them .

Iím sure they will sell these but I have to believe they hurt themselves a bit .


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gen5Glock21 likes this.
Lucky7t is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 5,915
FCA is arrogant and does not care.

__________________
98 TJ 4i in currie with Currie bars front and rear
2014 JKUR AMP"D,Ace slider,BFG AT/KO's 33's
Ace Tire carrier/ rear bumper,LOD Mid width front bumper

I love my country. That's why I despise the government.
jeepers29 is online now   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Jim74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Posts: 1,003
im kind of apprehensive honestly, I want to get one, but again not really needing it as I may be keeping my current truck longer then I had originally thought.....but meh.....the interesting part will be to see the pricing for one....
Gen5Glock21 likes this.
__________________
SARGE'S build thread

Torque PRO/LITE FAQ
Jim74656 is online now   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
Full Size Jeep Dr.

WF Supporting Member
 
lindel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 3,310
I would like to have one, but I need to get rid of some other bills, first. It'll be a while, and I want to wait till the diesel comes out, before I buy anything.
__________________
1999 Flame Red TJ, With a few mods...
lindel is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:27 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Jim74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindel View Post
I would like to have one, but I need to get rid of some other bills, first. It'll be a while, and I want to wait till the diesel comes out, before I buy anything.
for those of you wanting the Diesel (and I kinda would like one my self) you relize that if your planing on towing with it your tow ratings are reduced? I think it was by at least 1,000#'s...not sure if that really matters however? I may just opt for the gasser as I want to have the ability to tow as much as I want (IE if I get a nice classic car I want to take to car shows with it type thing)
lindel likes this.
__________________
SARGE'S build thread

Torque PRO/LITE FAQ
Jim74656 is online now   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:23 PM   #6
Full Size Jeep Dr.

WF Supporting Member
 
lindel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim74656 View Post
for those of you wanting the Diesel (and I kinda would like one my self) you relize that if your planing on towing with it your tow ratings are reduced? I think it was by at least 1,000#'s...not sure if that really matters however? I may just opt for the gasser as I want to have the ability to tow as much as I want (IE if I get a nice classic car I want to take to car shows with it type thing)
I realize that, I'm looking more at the fuel mileage. My wife wants a Ram, so she'll get all the towing duties...poor planning on her part...
__________________
1999 Flame Red TJ, With a few mods...
lindel is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:24 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Jim74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindel View Post
I realize that, I'm looking more at the fuel mileage. My wife wants a Ram, so she'll get all the towing duties...poor planning on her part...
ah I see good plan LOL
__________________
SARGE'S build thread

Torque PRO/LITE FAQ
Jim74656 is online now   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 327
April 1 is fitting. Fools and their money....80k, really?
GC_Willys is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:57 AM   #9
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 20,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Willys View Post
April 1 is fitting. Fools and their money....80k, really?
$80000 really? where did you see that?
__________________
2018 Gobi Recon unlimited W/Mopar 2" lift coils combined with RK rear coils wedges, TF lower control arms, rear TF monster track bar and rear track bar bracket and Falcon 3.1 shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 315/75-17 on AEV Salta rims, Grabars, RE gas skid tank, mopar head liner, Warn VR10 and Maximus3 winch plate.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/y...i-2192385.html
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
$80000 really? where did you see that?

there is a thread on here about it. Everything posted here is true right?
GC_Willys is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:59 AM
Thread Starter
  #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 156
I highly doubt it will hit 80k.

Will it be high compared to other small trucks ? Probably

The problem buyers will have is lack of knowledge from dealers . Itís insane how they did this .

Not to beat a dead horse but Iíve been in sales . Sold new vehicles , vehicles that are rare etc.. your sales people need info .


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
aldo90731, lindel and Strokerswild like this.
Lucky7t is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:03 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
WaltA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 3rd Planet, Sol system
Posts: 9,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7t View Post


He complained about Jeep and how they are not sharing any info with them .
April Fools.... Salespeople that (want to) know something....


__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1999 Cherokee Limited (w/ Up Country)
1987 Wrangler Laredo
[All custom ordered]
WaltA is online now   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7t View Post
I highly doubt it will hit 80k.

Will it be high compared to other small trucks ? Probably

The problem buyers will have is lack of knowledge from dealers . Itís insane how they did this .

Not to beat a dead horse but Iíve been in sales . Sold new vehicles , vehicles that are rare etc.. your sales people need info .


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sell (on average) $50,000 digital press units, some transactions go above $150k easily, and carry an annual budget of 1.6 mill. Knowing my product inside and out and the competitive advantages over the others in the same class is essential.



I do NOT view any slag on a dealer lot as a "salesperson" . they are grocery clerks who ring up a ticket.



Car buying/selling is a giant joke. When your potential clients know over 100% more than you, how can anyone refer to you as a salesman?


Now, for Fix It Again Tony to launch a major platform like the JT and educate their grocery clerks so little is just another insult and affront to the Jeep Culture.



I really do hope they blow it even more than they have, it's great entertainment!
GC_Willys is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:40 AM   #14
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 20,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Willys View Post
there is a thread on here about it. Everything posted here is true right?
go to that thread and carefully read the very first post .
__________________
2018 Gobi Recon unlimited W/Mopar 2" lift coils combined with RK rear coils wedges, TF lower control arms, rear TF monster track bar and rear track bar bracket and Falcon 3.1 shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 315/75-17 on AEV Salta rims, Grabars, RE gas skid tank, mopar head liner, Warn VR10 and Maximus3 winch plate.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/y...i-2192385.html
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #15
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
aldo90731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 8,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
go to that thread and carefully read the very first post .
That April Fool’s reference may have been a bit too subtle to register well on the Internet...
lindel likes this.
__________________

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab
Eight prior JKs and JKUs
aldo90731 is online now   Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:21 AM
Thread Starter
  #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 156
Dealer says April 1st can order Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Willys View Post
I sell (on average) $50,000 digital press units, some transactions go above $150k easily, and carry an annual budget of 1.6 mill. Knowing my product inside and out and the competitive advantages over the others in the same class is essential.



I do NOT view any slag on a dealer lot as a "salesperson" . they are grocery clerks who ring up a ticket.



Car buying/selling is a giant joke. When your potential clients know over 100% more than you, how can anyone refer to you as a salesman?


Now, for Fix It Again Tony to launch a major platform like the JT and educate their grocery clerks so little is just another insult and affront to the Jeep Culture.



I really do hope they blow it even more than they have, it's great entertainment!


Slag? Wow !

I sold cars for 14 years . Worked my ass off from 7-11 daily . Iím glad your superior to all and happy with that .

We call your type ďDandyĒ . Your so much better than the little sales person trying to feed his family .

Good luck with that attitude . Oh and by the way I run a company that grosses 4 mil a month , built with my bare hands . But it has to do with cars so I canít really compete with you yet .

What a crappy thing to say about another human being . Internet sometimes brings out the best .


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
14rubi and Stetson75 like this.
Lucky7t is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:29 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7t View Post
Slag? Wow !

I sold cars for 14 years . Worked my ass off from 7-11 daily . Iím glad your superior to all and happy with that .

We call your type ďDandyĒ . Your so much better than the little sales person trying to feed his family .

Good luck with that attitude . Oh and by the way I run a company that grosses 4 mil a month , built with my bare hands . But it has to do with cars so I canít really compete with you yet .

What a crappy thing to say about another human being . Internet sometimes brings out the best .


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But do you work at a Jeep Dealer selling JT's?


If not, lighten up Francis
GC_Willys is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Quest4SCALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Durham, NC 27705
Posts: 444
we have an '18 JK and a separate '01 Nissan Frontier. So, I think I'm covered
Quest4SCALE is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:10 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
B3nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: N. East, FL
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest4SCALE View Post
we have an '18 JK and a separate '01 Nissan Frontier. So, I think I'm covered
I am in the same boat, one more Jeep in the fleet never hurts though. (Just the bank account)
B3nn is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:29 PM
Thread Starter
  #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 156
Ok a little birdie told me ....

Rubicon Jt starting around 56k . He said this info shared with him this morning . This is a reliable source .

Thought Iíd share . He could be wrong of course but feel confident heís right


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gen5Glock21, cfdumon and 1BAD JT like this.
Lucky7t is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:51 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
Moabite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Moab
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7t View Post
Ok a little birdie told me ....

Rubicon Jt starting around 56k . He said this info shared with him this morning . This is a reliable source .

Thought I’d share . He could be wrong of course but feel confident he’s right


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess is that your little birdie doesn't know what he's singing about. If true, Jeep just lost a huge number of sales...including mine. It's been generally accepted that a well-optioned Rubicon Gladiator will most likely be in the neighborhood of $60K.
__________________
Current:2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Gone again: 1982 Scrambler -Same one I sold in 1996 - Rebought in 2016, just sold it again for a buncha $$$
2013 JKUR softtop - Gladly traded for a '16 GMC Canyon
Gone and fondly remembered: '03 Rubicon purchased when they were first introduced
'82 Scrambler purchased new in 1982 - sold in '96
Moabite is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
derf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 3,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabite View Post
My guess is that your little birdie doesn't know what he's singing about. If true, Jeep just lost a huge number of sales...including mine. It's been generally accepted that a well-optioned Rubicon will most likely be in the neighborhood of $60K.
Yep. I would expect a $3-5K premium over a similarly equipped JL.

Any more than that and they're going to lose a ton of sales. They can charge a little more than the other 3 brands making mid size trucks but there's a limit before they shoot themselves in the foot.


Still, it's not unheard of for management to do something stupid like charging way too much for a vehicle.
aldo90731 likes this.
__________________
2012 JK - 3.6/NSG370/4spd Atlas/D30/D44
2001 XJ - 4.0/AW4/NP242/D44/D44
1986 J10 - 401/700R4/NP208/D44HD/D60FF

My gear ratio calculator
derf is online now   Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #23
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
aldo90731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 8,189
Two buds who were going ga-ga over Gladiator coming to market seem to be cooling off the more they find out about JT's compromises as a truck and likely pricing, particularly relative to other pickup alternatives.
__________________

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab
Eight prior JKs and JKUs
aldo90731 is online now   Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Thread Starter
  #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabite View Post
My guess is that your little birdie doesn't know what he's singing about. If true, Jeep just lost a huge number of sales...including mine. It's been generally accepted that a well-optioned Rubicon Gladiator will most likely be in the neighborhood of $60K.


I was told rubicon starting at 56k. 60k is too far away from that .




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lucky7t is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
gobi_rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabite View Post
My guess is that your little birdie doesn't know what he's singing about. If true, Jeep just lost a huge number of sales...including mine. It's been generally accepted that a well-optioned Rubicon Gladiator will most likely be in the neighborhood of $60K.
Doesnt "starting at 56k" and "well optioned for 60k" sound way too similiar to be arguing about? lol
jadmt likes this.
gobi_rubi is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
Moabite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Moab
Posts: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobi_rubi View Post
Doesnt "starting at 56k" and "well optioned for 60k" sound way too similiar to be arguing about? lol
Not when a Rubicon JLU starts at about $41.5K and adding just a few options can easily add more than $10K. I'm prepared to spend around $60K for a well-optioned Rubicon JT...I will not buy one for $70K. If starting price is $56K, that means close to a ridiculous $15K premium over a comparable JLUR.
__________________
Current:2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Gone again: 1982 Scrambler -Same one I sold in 1996 - Rebought in 2016, just sold it again for a buncha $$$
2013 JKUR softtop - Gladly traded for a '16 GMC Canyon
Gone and fondly remembered: '03 Rubicon purchased when they were first introduced
'82 Scrambler purchased new in 1982 - sold in '96
Moabite is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
wachuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 481
I should have stayed home and not wondered into dealers... made an impulse buy and got the ZR2 Bison... will keep looking at reports and reviews as the Gladiator comes out with the Diesel...

For now I will just have the Gladiator promotional tool in the Bison glove compartment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5858.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	4132751   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5853.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	4132753  

Old Dogger, jadmt and Gen5Glock21 like this.
__________________
Drive safe!
Wachuko

'19 Colorado ZR2 Bison Diesel
'18 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (Son)/'19 Toyota Rav4 XLE AWD (Daughter)/'12 BMW X5 Diesel (Wife)
wachuko is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:58 AM   #28
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 20,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
I should have stayed home and not wondered into dealers... made an impulse buy and got the ZR2 Bison... will keep looking at reports and reviews as the Gladiator comes out with the Diesel...

For now I will just have the Gladiator promotional tool in the Bison glove compartment
looks good. local dealer has/had 2 coming one sold already the other $54605 not negotiable.
__________________
2018 Gobi Recon unlimited W/Mopar 2" lift coils combined with RK rear coils wedges, TF lower control arms, rear TF monster track bar and rear track bar bracket and Falcon 3.1 shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 315/75-17 on AEV Salta rims, Grabars, RE gas skid tank, mopar head liner, Warn VR10 and Maximus3 winch plate.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/y...i-2192385.html
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:22 PM   #29
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TroutDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
I should have stayed home and not wondered into dealers... made an impulse buy and got the ZR2 Bison... will keep looking at reports and reviews as the Gladiator comes out with the Diesel...

For now I will just have the Gladiator promotional tool in the Bison glove compartment
I didn't realize they were making those Bison models without that dumb snorkel. that looks super clean!
TroutDaddy is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #30
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TroutDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
looks good. local dealer has/had 2 coming one sold already the other $54605 not negotiable.
that's still a crazy price for a mid-size truck - looks clean though!

TroutDaddy is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"My experience with Extreme Terrain" or "A clown circus by any other name" Critical Bill ExtremeTerrain.com 7 06-27-2019 07:28 AM
Factory order how I want it vs a dealer vehicle with changes to make? Doutchie JK General Discussion Forum 35 01-20-2017 08:41 AM
Dealer price for factory order shw104 JK General Discussion Forum 26 01-15-2017 03:31 AM
WTF Jeep! Selous JK General Discussion Forum 78 03-20-2015 07:32 PM
need help asap at dealer now trying to order jonesy JK General Discussion Forum 5 10-06-2011 06:43 PM





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC