Alpine 9 speaker system - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Vendors > MoparOnlineParts.com

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5
Alpine 9 speaker system

I'm looking to purchase the 9 speaker Alpine system with 552 watt amp and subwoofer for my 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I'm having some issues with the dealership in doing this. They say they can't retrofit?

JWP045 is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Mopar Online Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWP045 View Post
I'm looking to purchase the 9 speaker Alpine system with 552 watt amp and subwoofer for my 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I'm having some issues with the dealership in doing this. They say they can't retrofit?
Hello,

Are you looking to add the factory Alpine parts onto your base audio Wrangler? We can supply the parts but cannot be sure everything will be plug and play and will work. Your dealer is technically correct there is no add-on kit available.

-Benny

__________________
Mopar Online Parts is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Thread Starter
  #3
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
Hello, Are you looking to add the factory Alpine parts onto your base audio Wrangler? We can supply the parts but cannot be sure everything will be plug and play and will work. Your dealer is technically correct there is no add-on kit available. -Benny



How is it that the most customizable vehicle on the planet cannot have a factory option installed in their vehicle. I would think that the wiring and brackets in my 15 Sahara would be the same with the 8 speaker system as the 15 Sahara with the Alpine system just without the amp in place and cheap 15 watt speakers instead of Alpine ones. Now the subwoofer may be a different story because of the housing that it is in, but I would think the dealer could order the sub and run wires with the same factory harness that would be in place if it came like that! I guess I'm just shocked that this is not plug and play seeings how it is a Factory Option!!!
JWP045 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Mopar Online Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWP045 View Post
How is it that the most customizable vehicle on the planet cannot have a factory option installed in their vehicle. I would think that the wiring and brackets in my 15 Sahara would be the same with the 8 speaker system as the 15 Sahara with the Alpine system just without the amp in place and cheap 15 watt speakers instead of Alpine ones. Now the subwoofer may be a different story because of the housing that it is in, but I would think the dealer could order the sub and run wires with the same factory harness that would be in place if it came like that! I guess I'm just shocked that this is not plug and play seeings how it is a Factory Option!!!
I think you are answering your own question when you refer to it as "factory" option , it is exactly that.

In either case I took a quick look at the 2015 electrical body harness' and although there are about 15 different ones I do not see the audio systems listed as factor, now I cannot be 100% certain of this because manufacturers tend to group options together so this may be part of another option listed.

Now on the other hand if we take a step back and look at how both systems work in theory it would be impossible for it to be plug and play based on this:

Standard Audio- The speakers are powered by the head unit (radio) therefore they are directly wired to it.

Alpine Audio- The speakers are powered by an Amp. mounted under the dash, The head unit sends an audio signal to the Amp. which then is directly wired to the speakers.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to research it as best I can,

-Benny
__________________
Mopar Online Parts is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
burnTJello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Poway
Posts: 99
It seems inefficient for the manufacturer to make several different wire harnesses just to add options. It's almost like saying you can't add the factory tow package to a vehicle that didn't come equipped. I would look behind your current head unit and see if there's a dummy plug the matches the back of the head unit upgrade. A sometimes when you look up a VIN specific part in the catalog it only show exactly what's connected and not the ghost or dummy mystery connectors because they are not relevant to that specific vehicle. I have mystery plugs all over my TJ. Dig a little deeper (purchaser) or look into after market (you'd get a better sounding system) buying a jeep head unit would be crazy expensive.
burnTJello is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Thread Starter
  #6
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5
I have the 430n head unit and am happy with it. I am more concerned with the Alpine speakers and sub. I totally agree with you on the whole wiring harness mess. I would think that the manufacturer would use one specific harness with options for the upgrades available in that same unit, makes more sense and I've seen this before in other makes!
JWP045 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Thread Starter
  #7
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5
Alpine amp also which would run in the same wiring harness series along with the bracket that the amp would be mounted too. I would be willing to bet that bracket is there just waiting for the amp
JWP045 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #8
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Hello JWP045,

I was just wondering if you 've had any resolution with this issue yet. I am having the same problem with my dealer and my 2015 Wrangler Freedom Edition..."factory option only" Were you finally able to get the Alpine System or did you have to go after market?

Thanks for your help.
seansky2323 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Thread Starter
  #9
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5
No I wasn't they say they can't do it. Lame if you ask me
JWP045 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Wild Weasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,679
It seems to me it would be easier to just put an aftermarket system in. I'd expect it to be both cheaper and better than the stock Alpine one.

I have the Alpine system in mine, and I like it, but I can't imagine going to the effort of having it retrofitted into a rig that didn't come with it.
__________________
.
Wild Weasel is online now   Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
waggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 59
I want to add the amp and sub to my 2015 altitude JKU as well. They didn't have the alpine option in the dealer stock in my area. I found out the floor subwoofer part number is 68223349AC but I'm not sure about the other parts. Any one know why I couldn't add the amp and wiring harness and be good to go? Or is anyone upgrading to aftermarket and want to sell me their pieces parts?
waggs is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:32 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 339
Yeah, there's a wire harness that leads to the rear passenger side too, like where the old sub box on 2014s and earlier was. But it isn't h ooked up to anything under the dash, not sure if there's a wire harness back there either though.
Kyanche is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
waggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanche View Post
Yeah, there's a wire harness that leads to the rear passenger side too, like where the old sub box on 2014s and earlier was. But it isn't h ooked up to anything under the dash, not sure if there's a wire harness back there either though.
If that's the case, wouldn't I just need to get the amp for under the dash and be set? In theory this sounds so very simple.
waggs is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:11 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggs View Post
If that's the case, wouldn't I just need to get the amp for under the dash and be set? In theory this sounds so very simple.
It sounds like there's a little 4 channel amp in that spot, so .. I'm not sure at all. This is news to me!
Kyanche is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:22 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
waggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 59
Anyone know why there are different part numbers for many similar items in the alpine system? For instance, the amp for the alpine system has a part number of either 68223347AC or 68223348AC. According to the description, I can't tell a difference between the two. One says export and the other one does not. I would assume export means outside North America but further down the list some other parts say export and they list US, Mexico, and Canada. Anyone with the 2015 alpine system want to try those parts with their VIN to see what they have?
waggs is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #16
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Mopar Online Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,060
We do not have access to the engineering data but the 68223348AC is clearly for Export vehicles. My guess is that other countries have electronic devices that operate on different frequencies than we have here in the U.S and these export amps are shielded as to not effect or be effected by these frequencies.

-Benny
__________________
Mopar Online Parts is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: St Louis
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
We do not have access to the engineering data but the 68223348AC is clearly for Export vehicles. My guess is that other countries have electronic devices that operate on different frequencies than we have here in the U.S and these export amps are shielded as to not effect or be effected by these frequencies.

-Benny
Completely unrelated , I have the 10th Anniversary bumper on a 2012, and want to order one or both red tow hooks. Unclear while searching if both will fit my vehicle, and which ones to order.
Trauma is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #18
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Mopar Online Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Completely unrelated , I have the 10th Anniversary bumper on a 2012, and want to order one or both red tow hooks. Unclear while searching if both will fit my vehicle, and which ones to order.
Hello,

The front hooks are sold individually and can be found here Jeep Wrangler Tow Hook (Part No: 68186562AB)

The rears are sold as a set and can be found here Jeep Wrangler Tow Hook (Part No: 10AREARHOOKKIT)

Both fit Non 10A's. Thank you,

-Benny
__________________
Mopar Online Parts is offline   Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: St Louis
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
Hello,

The front hooks are sold individually and can be found here Jeep Wrangler Tow Hook (Part No: 68186562AB)

The rears are sold as a set and can be found here Jeep Wrangler Tow Hook (Part No: 10AREARHOOKKIT)

Both fit Non 10A's. Thank you,

-Benny
Perfect, thanks!
Trauma is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
waggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
We do not have access to the engineering data but the 68223348AC is clearly for Export vehicles. My guess is that other countries have electronic devices that operate on different frequencies than we have here in the U.S and these export amps are shielded as to not effect or be effected by these frequencies. -Benny
Thanks Benny. I'll order the 68223347AC. I appreciate the help.
waggs is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:27 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggs View Post
Thanks Benny. I'll order the 68223347AC. I appreciate the help.
hey Waggs, please let us know how that goes
Kyanche is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #22
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
Has anyone figured this out? I really want the Alpine system, but have to settle with Polk (only 100 watts).
garytash is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #23
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Mopar Online Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,060
From our perspective it would not be cost effective to have to re-wire with a new body harness and purchase all of the components. Have you looked at the Kicker upgrades available Mopar Genuine Jeep Parts & Accessories Jeep Wrangler Audio, DVD & Electronic Accessories Accessories: 2007-2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Mopar Accessories

If you would like send me your VIN and I will specify whats available to you

-Benny
__________________
Mopar Online Parts is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #24
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 5
I'm away on business, so don't have access to the VIN. But I a 2015 JKU Altitude with 430N and 8 speakers. The stage III Kicker option looks good. Can you mount the sub in the trunk like the Alpine? Does this setup come with tweeters as well? I will get you the BIN as soon as I return. Thanks Benny!
garytash is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:38 AM   #25
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Im working on doing that same add on. I have the speakers I found the amp and the wiring harness for my truck. Yes the hardest part is the harness . I WILL have to replace the harness. Yeah its a lot of work and i don really know what I'm getting myself into but, to me the Alpine system sounds awesome. And to keep it stock type system without having to cut up the wiring
AlfaM1keFoxtrot is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
2015JKUBrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 41
Do aftermarket.
2015JKUBrock is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
waggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
We do not have access to the engineering data but the 68223348AC is clearly for Export vehicles. My guess is that other countries have electronic devices that operate on different frequencies than we have here in the U.S and these export amps are shielded as to not effect or be effected by these frequencies. -Benny
Benny, I have the following items to give this a try, but I'm still unsure what harness I need for HU to amp, and amp to speakers. Any thoughts on that part number since all the descriptions seem the same.

5SW531X9AA mat cargo area
5PR16DX9AD lid-load floor
68223349ab subwoofer
68223392AA 3.5 speakers x 4
68223394AA 6.5 speakers x 4
68223347AC alpine amp

Did I miss anything? What would all this cost from you? Thanks
waggs is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #28
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Mopar Online Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggs View Post
Benny, I have the following items to give this a try, but I'm still unsure what harness I need for HU to amp, and amp to speakers. Any thoughts on that part number since all the descriptions seem the same.

5SW531X9AA mat cargo area
5PR16DX9AD lid-load floor
68223349ab subwoofer
68223392AA 3.5 speakers x 4
68223394AA 6.5 speakers x 4
68223347AC alpine amp

Did I miss anything? What would all this cost from you? Thanks
Using the following VIN equipped with the RC9 Alpine package here any corrections if necessary 1C4HJWFGXFL538090


5SW531X9AA mat cargo area
5PR16DX9AD lid-load floor
68223349ab subwoofer - this changes to 68223349AC
68223392AA 3.5 speakers x 4
68223394AA 6.5 speakers x 4
68223347AC alpine amp

68234726AD Instrument panel harness

Pm me your email address and I will send you a quote

Thanks,
Benny
__________________
Mopar Online Parts is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
nikto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 38
Question

Hi Benny,

Do you have any images of Parts 5PR16DX9AD or 68223349AC? I would like to see if this would fit in my 2011 JK. Understand I would need to wire in an amp and such but thought if I could get the subwoofer and enclosure, I can do the other work on my end. Maybe even find a better sub for the enclosure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
Using the following VIN equipped with the RC9 Alpine package here any corrections if necessary 1C4HJWFGXFL538090


5SW531X9AA mat cargo area
5PR16DX9AD lid-load floor
68223349ab subwoofer - this changes to 68223349AC
68223392AA 3.5 speakers x 4
68223394AA 6.5 speakers x 4
68223347AC alpine amp

68234726AD Instrument panel harness

Pm me your email address and I will send you a quote

Thanks,
Benny
nikto is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #30
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Mopar Online Parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikto View Post
Hi Benny,

Do you have any images of Parts 5PR16DX9AD or 68223349AC? I would like to see if this would fit in my 2011 JK. Understand I would need to wire in an amp and such but thought if I could get the subwoofer and enclosure, I can do the other work on my end. Maybe even find a better sub for the enclosure...
I am sorry we do not but we just had a member purchase the parts for the conversion, Perhaps he can provide some once received.

-Benny

__________________
Mopar Online Parts is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC