JK - stock rear tire carrier -JK - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Buy, sell, trade > Wanted

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By jadmt
  • 2 Post By Leadnut
  • 1 Post By pkdailey4
  • 1 Post By Leadnut
  • 1 Post By The Terminator
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TagBannedAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 192
JK - stock rear tire carrier -JK

So I am looking for a stock rear tire carrier for the tailgate.

I was rear ended the other day by some lady looking at her phone & she cracked the top of the mount when she hit me. I have checked CL and there are none around me that I can find.

I would possibly be interested in an aftermarket tire carrier that attached to the tailgate. It does not need to be anything heavy duty as my tires are only 10lbs heavier & 1" taller than stock.

I'm sure they are a pita to ship so close to S.E. MI would be preferred. Unless someone is willing to ship one for a decent price. Also I do not need the third brake light mount if you have one that has been chopped.



Thanks, Jay

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JEEP REAR ENDED 1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	4188247   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191125_085751.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	4188249  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191125_085805.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	4188251  
TagBannedAgain is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
pkdailey4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Alameda, California
Posts: 603
I found one on Facebook market place for $20

__________________
Chrysler POS
pkdailey4 is online now   Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Leadnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,680
I have all those parts and I知 in Arizona. I know a guy on Audizine that gets me deep FedEx discounts. How much would you pay total for the carrier and the brake light.
__________________
2014 JKU Willys 6-spd, RK X-Factor 3.5", Fox Resis, KM3 37s, PR60s, Eaton e-lockers, 5.13, Atlas II 3.8, and another $10K in miscellaneous parts.
Leadnut is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Thread Starter
  #4
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TagBannedAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdailey4 View Post
I found one on Facebook market place for $20

I like $20, I don't have F.B. though, do they provide contact info?
TagBannedAgain is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TagBannedAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadnut View Post
I have all those parts and I知 in Arizona. I know a guy on Audizine that gets me deep FedEx discounts. How much would you pay total for the carrier and the brake light.

Shipped i would go $60, probably not worth it to you to go through packaging & shipping.

I don't mean to low ball you but any more & I will probably go with the Rugged Ridge Spartacus.


I do appreciate the offer though.
TagBannedAgain is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:07 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Leadnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,680
No worries. I壇 sell those for like $50 if local. Probably less than $20 for shipping.
__________________
2014 JKU Willys 6-spd, RK X-Factor 3.5", Fox Resis, KM3 37s, PR60s, Eaton e-lockers, 5.13, Atlas II 3.8, and another $10K in miscellaneous parts.
Leadnut is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #7
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 20,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagBannedAgain View Post
Shipped i would go $60, probably not worth it to you to go through packaging & shipping.

I don't mean to low ball you but any more & I will probably go with the Rugged Ridge Spartacus.


I do appreciate the offer though.
I recently shipped one cross country that I cut the brake light off as the guy did not want that portion same thing as what you need. it was like $25 or less to ship. They are very light. If you have a fedex account it is cheapest and signing up for an account is free. you can actually email the persona shipping label if you find someone to send you one so they don't have to worry about paying shipping.
TagBannedAgain likes this.
__________________
2018 Gobi Recon unlimited W/Mopar 2" lift coils combined with RK rear coils wedges, TF lower control arms, rear TF monster track bar and rear track bar bracket and Falcon 3.1 shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 315/75-17 on AEV Salta rims, Grabars, RE gas skid tank, mopar head liner, Warn VR10 and Maximus3 winch plate.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/y...i-2192385.html
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Leadnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,680
JK - stock rear tire carrier -JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I recently shipped one cross country that I cut the brake light off as the guy did not want that portion same thing as what you need. it was like $25 or less to ship. They are very light. If you have a fedex account it is cheapest and signing up for an account is free. you can actually email the persona shipping label if you find someone to send you one so they don't have to worry about paying shipping.

I know a guy from Audizine that has a corporate FedEx account and the discount is about 80% compared to my small business account. I shipped four boxes with wheels across the whole United States overnight for about $200 and they weighed 110 pounds.
jadmt and TagBannedAgain like this.
__________________
2014 JKU Willys 6-spd, RK X-Factor 3.5", Fox Resis, KM3 37s, PR60s, Eaton e-lockers, 5.13, Atlas II 3.8, and another $10K in miscellaneous parts.
Leadnut is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Thread Starter
  #9
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TagBannedAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadnut View Post
I know a guy from Audizine that has a corporate FedEx account and the discount is about 80% compared to my small business account. I shipped four boxes with wheels across the whole United States overnight for about $200 and they weighed 110 pounds.

Well if your comfortable with $75 I'll do that. If it makes it easier as Jadmt said feel free to chop the goose neck off for the brake light as I run the A.E.V. third brake light.
TagBannedAgain is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
aggrex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: DE
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagBannedAgain View Post
So I am looking for a stock rear tire carrier for the tailgate.

I was rear ended the other day by some lady looking at her phone & she cracked the top of the mount when she hit me. I have checked CL and there are none around me that I can find
Generally the spare tire wins against hood impacts but did the tailgate get damage from the impact? Insurance not being used to cover damages? Consider replacing OEM with strong HD hinge carriers or bumper mounted carriers.
aggrex is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
pkdailey4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Alameda, California
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagBannedAgain View Post
I like $20, I don't have F.B. though, do they provide contact info?
Get a FB account go marketplace and enter in Jeep JK. All the JK stuff for sale in your area will come up then you message them.
TagBannedAgain likes this.
__________________
Chrysler POS
pkdailey4 is online now   Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Leadnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagBannedAgain View Post
Well if your comfortable with $75 I'll do that. If it makes it easier as Jadmt said feel free to chop the goose neck off for the brake light as I run the A.E.V. third brake light.

I値l take some pictures of it and PM you. I took it off within the 1st year when I got my JCR rear bumper w/ tire carrier. It痴 in great shape.
TagBannedAgain likes this.
__________________
2014 JKU Willys 6-spd, RK X-Factor 3.5", Fox Resis, KM3 37s, PR60s, Eaton e-lockers, 5.13, Atlas II 3.8, and another $10K in miscellaneous parts.
Leadnut is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Thread Starter
  #13
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TagBannedAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrex View Post
Generally the spare tire wins against hood impacts but did the tailgate get damage from the impact? Insurance not being used to cover damages? Consider replacing OEM with strong HD hinge carriers or bumper mounted carriers.

No damage to the tailgate, just the carrier & took the paint off the tow hook where it punched a hole in her bumper, I was surprised.

Insurance will cover it but I think I can fix it for less than my deductible. As much as I would love to put an aftermarket bumper & carrier on it, I don't have the extra cash to do that right now.
TagBannedAgain is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #14
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 20,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagBannedAgain View Post
No damage to the tailgate, just the carrier & took the paint off the tow hook where it punched a hole in her bumper, I was surprised.

Insurance will cover it but I think I can fix it for less than my deductible. As much as I would love to put an aftermarket bumper & carrier on it, I don't have the extra cash to do that right now.
you got rear ended you should not have to pay a deductible. Did not the other person have insurance?
__________________
2018 Gobi Recon unlimited W/Mopar 2" lift coils combined with RK rear coils wedges, TF lower control arms, rear TF monster track bar and rear track bar bracket and Falcon 3.1 shocks, Cooper ST Maxx 315/75-17 on AEV Salta rims, Grabars, RE gas skid tank, mopar head liner, Warn VR10 and Maximus3 winch plate.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/y...i-2192385.html
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Thread Starter
  #15
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TagBannedAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
you got rear ended you should not have to pay a deductible. Did not the other person have insurance?

Michigan being a "No fault" state, I thought my insurance had to cover it. I should look into this a little more. I have never filed had to file a claim before, new territory for me.
TagBannedAgain is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Leadnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,680
JK - stock rear tire carrier -JK

Well, once you call your insurance company there was either an accident or not. I知 old school and take care of small stuff on my own since I would rather not have accidents on my driving insurance record.

I have had my fair share of involvement with insurance companies including lawsuits against them. Trust me, your own insurance company is not on your side. - they池e on their side.
__________________
2014 JKU Willys 6-spd, RK X-Factor 3.5", Fox Resis, KM3 37s, PR60s, Eaton e-lockers, 5.13, Atlas II 3.8, and another $10K in miscellaneous parts.
Leadnut is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagBannedAgain View Post
Michigan being a "No fault" state, I thought my insurance had to cover it. I should look into this a little more. I have never filed had to file a claim before, new territory for me.
That's correct, both parties pay for their own damage regardless of who is at fault, with one (minor) exception - you can recover your deductible (up to $1000) from the at-fault driver. Of course, your insurance will be no help as they would be in a tort state (where they're trying to get reimbursed for the claim), so it's up to you to make the request from the other driver's insurance and then take them to court if (I mean when) they ignore you. It's an appalling system, really.

Good luck! Maybe there's a junkyard around that might have some undamaged brackets?
strickerje is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:09 AM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 77
Tagbannedagain - I was rear-ended by a Cherokee on the freeway in rush hour traffic doing about 25 mph. Actually I was stopped when he ran into me. I suggest you full the spare tire and the spare tire mount and look closely at the tailgate. When I looked at my tailgate with just the spare removed it looked fine. When I removed the spare tire mount, then I could see the damage to the tailgate.
n0ve is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
The Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 20
I have 2 of them. You need one you can have one. I'm in North/West Ohio
jadmt likes this.

The Terminator is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepョ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.