Another TPMS question (4th one won't sync) - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quadratec
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
sbsyncro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 175
Another TPMS question (4th one won't sync)

So I just had new wheels (Q-tec Hardrock) and tires (315/70 KO2s') installed today with brand new PDQ sensors from Quadratec (the ones they recommended).

I had been driving on wheels without TPMS sensors, so I had disabled the TPMS system using Jscan.

Before driving away from the shop with the new wheels/tires, I used Jscan to first clear fault codes related to TPMS and then reactivate TPMS.

When I started driving, I immediately got a TPMS warning and the EVIC showed all dashes.

After about a mile, three of the four tires simultaneously updated to the correct pressure on the EVIC. I got home and again cleared the TPMS fault codes.

After driving around the rest of the day (probably about 20 miles of stop and go traffic around town) the 4th wheel still hasn't synched. The system keeps throwing the "Check TPMS System" warning.

Because three of the sensors came online very quickly and simultaneously, I'm now concerned about the 4th one (Driver's side rear).

Anyone else experience this where one of the 4 takes a LOT longer to sync than the rest? How long do you wait before you start troubleshooting?

I'm wondering if I should try swapping the spare to see if it syncs. If so then it pretty much tells me I have a faulty sensor...

__________________
2017 JKUR | 6-spd Manual | Rock Krawler 3.5"/2.5" Flex | G2 4.88 Gears | Bilstein 5100s | Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer | Smittybilt Atlas F & R bumpers | Smittybilt X20 Winch | ARB Diff Covers | BesTop Sunrider | Tom Woods 1310 F & R shafts | Magnaflow axle-back | K & N CAI | ARB CKMA12 | Quadratec Hardrock wheels w/ 315/70 BFG KO2s
sbsyncro is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:19 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Clear Spring, Md
Posts: 2,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsyncro View Post
So I just had new wheels (Q-tec Hardrock) and tires (315/70 KO2s') installed today with brand new PDQ sensors from Quadratec (the ones they recommended).

I had been driving on wheels without TPMS sensors, so I had disabled the TPMS system using Jscan.

Before driving away from the shop with the new wheels/tires, I used Jscan to first clear fault codes related to TPMS and then reactivate TPMS.

When I started driving, I immediately got a TPMS warning and the EVIC showed all dashes.

After about a mile, three of the four tires simultaneously updated to the correct pressure on the EVIC. I got home and again cleared the TPMS fault codes.

After driving around the rest of the day (probably about 20 miles of stop and go traffic around town) the 4th wheel still hasn't synched. The system keeps throwing the "Check TPMS System" warning.

Because three of the sensors came online very quickly and simultaneously, I'm now concerned about the 4th one (Driver's side rear).

Anyone else experience this where one of the 4 takes a LOT longer to sync than the rest? How long do you wait before you start troubleshooting?

I'm wondering if I should try swapping the spare to see if it syncs. If so then it pretty much tells me I have a faulty sensor...
It could be it just needs more time. But I am not known for my patience, I would probably either swap in the spare or swap with a known working one as in swap that wheel with one of the others that is reading. That would be my preference, as that way you know the one you put in that location was reading in another location.
Or you could do a full pattern rotation to keep things even, but I would just rotate the non-working one with one that is working.

GuzziMoto is online now   Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:08 AM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
sbsyncro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 175
So today I swapped the spare and drove down the street. The TPMS sensor syncíd very quickly.

Looks like I have a bad tpms unit in one tire.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 JKUR | 6-spd Manual | Rock Krawler 3.5"/2.5" Flex | G2 4.88 Gears | Bilstein 5100s | Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer | Smittybilt Atlas F & R bumpers | Smittybilt X20 Winch | ARB Diff Covers | BesTop Sunrider | Tom Woods 1310 F & R shafts | Magnaflow axle-back | K & N CAI | ARB CKMA12 | Quadratec Hardrock wheels w/ 315/70 BFG KO2s
sbsyncro is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #4
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Quadratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 2,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsyncro View Post
So today I swapped the spare and drove down the street. The TPMS sensor syncíd very quickly.

Looks like I have a bad tpms unit in one tire.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there,

I am very sorry to see that that one is not working. If you PM me the order number I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thank you,
Hailey
sbsyncro likes this.
__________________

We Price Match, PM us for a quote
Forum Member Discounts

Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday
Wrangler Parts ē Wrangler Wheels ē Wrangler Tires ē Wrangler Lift Kits ē Wrangler Bumpers ē Wrangler Soft Tops
Quadratec is online now   Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Jeeper
 
sbsyncro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec View Post
Hey there,



I am very sorry to see that that one is not working. If you PM me the order number I would be happy to look into this for you.



Thank you,

Hailey


Thanks Hailey. I called you guys and I have a replacement being shipped already at no charge.

The only problem is that I have to go back to the tire shop and spend an hour and $20 to have the sensor replaced.

Hopefully that will do the trick!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 JKUR | 6-spd Manual | Rock Krawler 3.5"/2.5" Flex | G2 4.88 Gears | Bilstein 5100s | Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer | Smittybilt Atlas F & R bumpers | Smittybilt X20 Winch | ARB Diff Covers | BesTop Sunrider | Tom Woods 1310 F & R shafts | Magnaflow axle-back | K & N CAI | ARB CKMA12 | Quadratec Hardrock wheels w/ 315/70 BFG KO2s
sbsyncro is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Hard Rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 583
Most tire shops have a sensor reader that can tell if the TPMS is putting out a signal, you might want to have them check it before you swap them out.
__________________
2016 Red Rock #31
2005 LJ
Hard Rocker is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:00 PM
Thread Starter
  #7
Jeeper
 
sbsyncro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Rocker View Post
Most tire shops have a sensor reader that can tell if the TPMS is putting out a signal, you might want to have them check it before you swap them out.


Yea. Problem is my local shop wants $25 to do that. In addition to the $25 to dismount/mount and balance tire. So $50 to check and then replace if necessary... so little margin on tires they gotta make up the money on services...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 JKUR | 6-spd Manual | Rock Krawler 3.5"/2.5" Flex | G2 4.88 Gears | Bilstein 5100s | Fox 2.0 ATS Stabilizer | Smittybilt Atlas F & R bumpers | Smittybilt X20 Winch | ARB Diff Covers | BesTop Sunrider | Tom Woods 1310 F & R shafts | Magnaflow axle-back | K & N CAI | ARB CKMA12 | Quadratec Hardrock wheels w/ 315/70 BFG KO2s
sbsyncro is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Hard Rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 583
Ya if their going to charge you 25 to check the sensor then that's not good, my local shop never charged me for that

__________________
2016 Red Rock #31
2005 LJ
Hard Rocker is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC