02-13-2015, 12:26 PM
WF Supporting Member
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NE Texas
Beefing up front axle along with other stuff
I am looking into beefing up my front axle D30 with the Artex armor kit and a aftermarket diff cover (front and rear). While I'm at it I would probably go ahead and re-gear (trying to decide on 4:56 or 4:88) and upgrade ball joints (synergy).
- Is while I am doing that, is there anything else specifically you would do for sure while it's apart? For example, chrome molly rear axle, sleeve front housing as well, anything else?
- What gearing would you go with and why based upon all of my info?
FYI my rig's info:
- 2013 JKU with factory 3:73 gearing and LSD
- 2.5 RK max travel lift with 315/70R17 GY duratracs (may go Nitto Trail Grapplers in the future)
- Probably on the heavy side with front and rear steel bumpers, winch and rubi rails with Ace sliders
My driving info:
- This is my daily driver with mostly city driving.
- We do have an intersate thru our town so there is quite a bit of interate type travel short distances.
- I do have to be able to drive it for work trips if the come up. Would be 2 to 6 hour drives when they come up which isn't all to often.
- Terrain around here is relatively flat with rolling hills. However, there are is some steeper terrain available about 2 to 4 hrs away. Mostly mud and ruts with very little rocks unless going the 2 to 4 hrs away.
'13 JKU Billet Silver, Rebel Offroad King Coilover Conversion, Currie VXR60s, Currie Antirocks, Spyderlock Wheels, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Twin with Lockers, PSC Hydro Assist, Superchips Flashpaq, Rubi Rails, Ace Rock Sliders, sPod, JCR Front & Rear bumpers, Engo 10KS Winch, KrawlOff-road LEDs