12-18-2016, 04:24 PM
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Johnstown Ny
copy and paste from autoevolution:
This is apparently called “The steering dance”:
1. Verify that the automatic transmission selector is in the “Park” position, and that a manual transmission is in neutral gear.
2. Shift the transfer case into the 4H range position and ensure parking brake is firmly set.
3. Turn the steering wheel until it is centered and the wheels are pointed straight ahead.
4. Turn ignition on (and optionally start engine to make turning the wheel easier – will work with or without engine running) and wait approximately five (5) seconds for the system bulb check to complete.
5. Turn the steering wheel one-half turn to the right (clockwise).
6. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds exactly then release and wait for chime.
7. Turn the steering wheel back to centre, then continue turning the steering wheel one-half turn to the left (counter clockwise).
8. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds exactly, release and wait for chime.
9. Turn the steering wheel back to centre.
10. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds, release and wait for chime.
11. Cycle the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.
2011 JKU Sport: 40x13.50r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, vision nemesis wheels, 4.75" EVO coils, 1" body lift, Falcon 3.3 shocks, Fusion 4x4 hybrid dana 60 axles
Overkill gets you off the trails and keeps you and those with ya enjoying the day
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
My JKU on a Budget Build Misanthropic to the core