Props to Crutchfield - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree17Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Props to Crutchfield

I have to give Crutchfield a little thanks here for helping with my purchase of an Alpine i207-WRA. Crutchfield is the gold standard in my opinion for auto online shopping, well at least with Car audio as its my only real experience with them.

As many here know that own or researched the i207 or any HU using the Maestro system, you need an older laptop running, I think windows 7 and old IE.
This is an issue for me as I have no access. When placing the order, I asked Crutchfield about programming the radio and Maestro ahead of time before shipping and they gladly did/doing it free of charge. They mentioned it would delay shipping for a few days to do it. That is service! Why I will keep using them.

I asked Quadratech the same question via PM. The answer I got was basically they have NO IDEA what I was talking about saying itís plug and play. Love QTech but please have informed people answering inquires.

Another favorite vendor and here and one I love, woukd not even return emails or PM here. Thank Rubitrux. Wonít hold it against them but they lost a sale.

So glad Crutchfield was fast, courteous and very accommodating helping me.

My used 430 is not crapping out so was time. Hate Uconnect on it except for one thing. Prefer the OEM mic and location over an AM mic that can be seen.

Looking forward to upgrading and hopefully even better sound overall. Wish it has wireless CarPlay though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Memphis 10
Posts: 28
I used to use Crutchfield but they are too overpriced. I usually use them to "see what fits" and then by the stuff from Amazon for way cheaper usually.

acjames is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by acjames View Post
I used to use Crutchfield but they are too overpriced. I usually use them to "see what fits" and then by the stuff from Amazon for way cheaper usually.


I get that. Crutchfield will match prices. All the Alpine stuff I got was same price basically. 207, ktp-44A and SiriusXM module. I donít need help or support usually. But those who do need it, Amazon wonít help you.
Oh, LOVE Amazon and 90% of what I buy in general comes from them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Shadowmaker and acjames like this.
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
B4ZINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 280
It was a couple of years ago, but I'm fairly certain I used my laptop running Win10 Pro and Chrome to program my Maestro, and never saw anything stating Win7 and IE were required.

Otherwise, yes Crutchfield is the gold standard for customer service. Typically I will buy a radio from them if the necessary installation hardware discount and price of the radio is less than what I can find on Amazon and eBay, but otherwise I use them to research head units and amplifiers, then find them refurbished on Amazon or eBay. They've been helpful in the past when I bought an outlet radio from them for my Special and had a hard time getting audio, and they helped me track it down to getting the amp turn-on lead and power antenna lead mixed up.
__________________
2002 Chrysler 300M Special - Deep Sapphire Blue - 124,500 miles, modded show car

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - Hydro Blue - Max Tow pkg, painted hard top
TRS Morimoto Sealed7 55w 6000K HID system | GraBars front pair | Morimoto LED Jeep foglights | AEV 2.5" lift w/ Geo brackets | AEV Pintlers w/ 285/75 KO2s | Hard Rock bumpers | JKS swaybar disconnects | Warn 9.5 CTi-S w/ Maximus Classic Hoop
B4ZINGA is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4ZINGA View Post
It was a couple of years ago, but I'm fairly certain I used my laptop running Win10 Pro and Chrome to program my Maestro, and never saw anything stating Win7 and IE were required.



Otherwise, yes Crutchfield is the gold standard for customer service. Typically I will buy a radio from them if the necessary installation hardware discount and price of the radio is less than what I can find on Amazon and eBay, but otherwise I use them to research head units and amplifiers, then find them refurbished on Amazon or eBay. They've been helpful in the past when I bought an outlet radio from them for my Special and had a hard time getting audio, and they helped me track it down to getting the amp turn-on lead and power antenna lead mixed up.


Well from iDatalink. Older Internet Explorer:
Requirements for Weblink 6.3 include:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Windows XP[SP2],2000[SP4],Vista, 7
Administrative rights on your PC
Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater (excluding 64 bit version)
Available USB port


All my laptops have Edge and I use Chrome on those. Man computer is a Mac.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Prairie Dog Heaven, CO
Posts: 21
The kit I got from them replacing my OEM radio works great and required minimal DIY effort and no reprogramming, etc. Was worth the extra $ for me.
wusel is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
RickinAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 420
I found Crutchfield to be expensive. For example, I asked for a discount on the i207-WRA and they offered me $20. Pacific Stereo's rep seemed just as knowledgeable and offered a $250 discount - which I took.

DIRT BOY, I know that programming the Maestro was an important consideration for you, but were you any more successful than me in getting better pricing from Crutchfield?
__________________
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock - Firecracker Red
RickinAZ is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Thread Starter
  #8
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickinAZ View Post
I found Crutchfield to be expensive. For example, I asked for a discount on the i207-WRA and they offered me $20. Pacific Stereo's rep seemed just as knowledgeable and offered a $250 discount - which I took.

DIRT BOY, I know that programming the Maestro was an important consideration for you, but were you any more successful than me in getting better pricing from Crutchfield?


Wow, nice discount. Are they an authorized Alpine dealer?

Did no negotiate price. They were within $5-10 from what I found.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #9
Commercial Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Shark_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,696
I like them, good service, fast shipping, free wire harness adapters and dash kits usually.
__________________
One-of-a-kind wood shift knobs for sale

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/han...s-1175625.html
Shark_13 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:51 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
deeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 1,035
I have used Crutchfield many times and have always been very happy. They have great customer service and return policy. Their prices are a bit higher, but I figure the discounted installation gear makes up for part of it. On occasion, you can find things on sale.

What is silly is that Maestro uses software that not only is outdated but no longer supported by Microsoft making it not really smart to use. Why haven't they updated? For the price, I would expect more.

EDIT . Looks like you can use more modern Windows and IE?

"Flashing the Module: The supplied USB cable plugs into your PC and allows you to flash (program) the Maestro SW with the appropriate vehicle's firmware to prepare it for installation. Visit iDatalink's Weblink site and follow the instructions. System Requirements for Weblink 6.3 include:

Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (SP2), Vista, 7 (32 or 64-bit), 8, 8.1, or 10
Administrative rights on your PC
Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater (excluding 64-bit version)"
Available USB port
__________________
2015 AEV JK350 Built Rubicon Hard Rock. 35" Open Country AT, TF Big Rotor Kit Front/Rear, TF Monster TB, Steersmarts DL.
deeve is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:00 AM
Thread Starter
  #11
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve View Post
I have used Crutchfield many times and have always been very happy. They have great customer service and return policy. Their prices are a bit higher, but I figure the discounted installation gear makes up for part of it. On occasion, you can find things on sale.

What is silly is that Maestro uses software that not only is outdated but no longer supported by Microsoft making it not really smart to use. Why haven't they updated? For the price, I would expect more.

EDIT . Looks like you can use more modern Windows and IE?

"Flashing the Module: The supplied USB cable plugs into your PC and allows you to flash (program) the Maestro SW with the appropriate vehicle's firmware to prepare it for installation. Visit iDatalink's Weblink site and follow the instructions. System Requirements for Weblink 6.3 include:

Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (SP2), Vista, 7 (32 or 64-bit), 8, 8.1, or 10
Administrative rights on your PC
Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater (excluding 64-bit version)"
Available USB port


On IE not new Edge browser. Any PC with Win10 has Edge. Sucks no Mac too


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
deeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 1,035
Ahhhh. OK. Can you still download IE and use it just for that? Still kinda silly they cannot make it more universal?
__________________
2015 AEV JK350 Built Rubicon Hard Rock. 35" Open Country AT, TF Big Rotor Kit Front/Rear, TF Monster TB, Steersmarts DL.
deeve is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:28 AM
Thread Starter
  #13
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve View Post
Ahhhh. OK. Can you still download IE and use it just for that? Still kinda silly they cannot make it more universal?


No sure for window 10 and up.
Again glad I donít need to and iDatalink needs to get out of dark ages. At least support Chrome.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
RickinAZ and deeve like this.
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
suffolklou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 98
I did it last week with win10 and IE. thatís the only thing I use IE for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
DIRT BOY likes this.
suffolklou is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:22 AM
Thread Starter
  #15
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolklou View Post
I did it last week with win10 and IE. thatís the only thing I use IE for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


So all the whining about and old laptop was not needed. Oh well....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
B4ZINGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 280
I think some of these manufacturers simply did not test on new operating systems, and so to be safe they limit the requirements. My old Rockford Fosgate DSP in my Chrysler was stated as requiring Win7 or older, and RF customer service explicitly stated that to me.

My old Win7 laptop has a non-functional screen and I had no desire to run a USB cable from my Win7 desktop out the office window to the car, with the car backed up to the house (I could only imagine the looks on my neighbors faces if I did!), so I tried my Win10 laptop. Sure enough the software installed just fine and ran perfectly when connected to the car.

Of course that unit took a dump this winter and I replaced it with an AudioControl unit that I can tune via my iPad Pro and my Pixel 2, so at least SOMEONE is on the technology ball.

But I digress...
__________________
2002 Chrysler 300M Special - Deep Sapphire Blue - 124,500 miles, modded show car

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - Hydro Blue - Max Tow pkg, painted hard top
TRS Morimoto Sealed7 55w 6000K HID system | GraBars front pair | Morimoto LED Jeep foglights | AEV 2.5" lift w/ Geo brackets | AEV Pintlers w/ 285/75 KO2s | Hard Rock bumpers | JKS swaybar disconnects | Warn 9.5 CTi-S w/ Maximus Classic Hoop
B4ZINGA is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Thread Starter
  #17
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4ZINGA View Post
I think some of these manufacturers simply did not test on new operating systems, and so to be safe they limit the requirements. My old Rockford Fosgate DSP in my Chrysler was stated as requiring Win7 or older, and RF customer service explicitly stated that to me.

My old Win7 laptop has a non-functional screen and I had no desire to run a USB cable from my Win7 desktop out the office window to the car, with the car backed up to the house (I could only imagine the looks on my neighbors faces if I did!), so I tried my Win10 laptop. Sure enough the software installed just fine and ran perfectly when connected to the car.

Of course that unit took a dump this winter and I replaced it with an AudioControl unit that I can tune via my iPad Pro and my Pixel 2, so at least SOMEONE is on the technology ball.

But I digress...
LMAO! Had to do that with a Pioneer HU in my old Subaru. 50ft USB extension and car up by the porch.
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
deeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 1,035
I’d be interested to hear how to like the new stereo. I have the Alpine system and also like the oe location of the mic. Can you need the oe mic with this?
__________________
2015 AEV JK350 Built Rubicon Hard Rock. 35" Open Country AT, TF Big Rotor Kit Front/Rear, TF Monster TB, Steersmarts DL.
deeve is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
dun_right's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 78
I recently bought some Polk DB651 speakers for the soundbar and front knee panels. They told me I wouldn't need adapters for the speakers. Boy were they wrong. I ended up mutilating the stock speaker mount and using that.

Then I bought an Alpine KTP-445 compact amp from them. The guy told me I would need an amp install kit for another $20. When I got the amp, upon reading the instructions, you can use the power and ground wires that are in the Alpine harness if the stock radio circuit is fused with a 15A or higher.

I ended up going to amazon to get all my stuff and it was significantly cheaper than them.

STAY CAUTIOUS
dun_right is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Wharfrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 1,368
Crutchfield is amazing. I bought a replacement aftermarket unit for the OEM radio on my G37X a few years back, and got their full harness that was supposed to keep all of my steering wheel controls. Well, once done the steering wheel controls didn't work anymore. Redid it all and no change. The guys there did all the research and came back telling me what resistors to get from Radio Shack and how to wire 5 of them up in series in order to make everything actually work correctly. It worked flawlessly after that. It was kind of like a "gotcha" that noone knew about at the time. I never have seen any other vendor come up with anything like that, period -- or stick through an issue like that until it was resolved.
Wharfrat is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:13 AM
Thread Starter
  #21
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by dun_right View Post
I recently bought some Polk DB651 speakers for the soundbar and front knee panels. They told me I wouldn't need adapters for the speakers. Boy were they wrong. I ended up mutilating the stock speaker mount and using that.

Then I bought an Alpine KTP-445 compact amp from them. The guy told me I would need an amp install kit for another $20. When I got the amp, upon reading the instructions, you can use the power and ground wires that are in the Alpine harness if the stock radio circuit is fused with a 15A or higher.

I ended up going to amazon to get all my stuff and it was significantly cheaper than them.

STAY CAUTIOUS
Welll on the Kip-44U, yes technically donít need to run power from battery, I have installed 4 now and performance is better than running directly to battery for me. Hard to explain. Now the regular Kip for Alpine head unfits does not. I ordered that and the website recommended it, which is not needed.
deeve likes this.
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:16 AM
Thread Starter
  #22
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve View Post
Iíd be interested to hear how to like the new stereo. I have the Alpine system and also like the oe location of the mic. Can you need the oe mic with this?
It has not arrived yet and wonít install until next week probably. You canít use OEM location and the YouTube video the clip and location seem ok. This is why I have been hesitant. As bad as uconnect an be, phone use is awesome as the mic. 65pmh and top down, people can hear me clearly.
deeve likes this.
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
deeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 1,035
Thanks, just saw that video. Hopefully since maybe both mics are Alpine it will work just as good, if not better. Uconnect really is not the greatest.
__________________
2015 AEV JK350 Built Rubicon Hard Rock. 35" Open Country AT, TF Big Rotor Kit Front/Rear, TF Monster TB, Steersmarts DL.
deeve is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
dun_right's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeve View Post
Thanks, just saw that video. Hopefully since maybe both mics are Alpine it will work just as good, if not better. Uconnect really is not the greatest.
I disconnected and took out the Uconnect module. I put the pioneer mic on top of the steering wheel column. I’ve had the windows down and everyone can hear me. I like the spot cuz you’re talking at the mic instead of it trying to catch your voice up and over where the OEM will be. I think that placement has a lot to do with it. Not just the brand of mic. Good luck!
dun_right is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
RickinAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT BOY View Post
It has not arrived yet and won’t install until next week probably. You can’t use OEM location and the YouTube video the clip and location seem ok. This is why I have been hesitant. As bad as uconnect an be, phone use is awesome as the mic. 65pmh and top down, people can hear me clearly.
I had the exact same concern and posted several times looking for a DIY on using the OEM mike/location - no luck. So...I used the suggested location near the mirror and it works and looks fine.
__________________
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock - Firecracker Red
RickinAZ is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #26
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1
FWIW I just 2 months ago programmed my
Maestro ADS-MRR to install my Kenwood DDX9902S using a Windows 10 machine and had zero issues. Love the little Maestro unit and am loving life since getting rid of that uconnect garbage. Retained factory usb port but could not retain mic. Wound up sticking one up right next to the oem one, but it's visible. I may try to figure out a way to put it behind the OEM mic's grill when it's warmer out.

Last weekend I installed a sub/amp kit from NVX and I'm pretty pleased with how that turned out as well, if you are looking for that sort of thing. Between the stereo upgrade, the sound bar speakers upgrade, and the sub I can finally say I'm genuinely pleased with the music in my Wrangler..which was the only thing I didn't like when I bought it. Whatever route you go to get that factory u-connect trash removed, you will be pleased you did.
Wight is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
Shadowmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT BOY View Post
On IE not new Edge browser. Any PC with Win10 has Edge. Sucks no Mac too


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fairly sure you can just type Explorer in the Cortana or in the Command bar. Explorer still lives on Windows 10, it is just obscured.

+1 for Crutchfield
Opus67, lmdshadow, deeve and 1 others like this.
__________________
RedRover - 2017 JKUR
Shadowmaker is online now   Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:20 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
screwlose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 568
Yes full blown IE 11 is still in all Win 10 PCs, they want you to use Edge so they make that easy to find.
You can set IE 11 to be your default, not sure why you would want to but its MUCH better than edge.
Please call the Help Desk and open a ticket, thank you please come again ;-)
screwlose is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Thread Starter
  #29
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
DIRT BOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 2,276
Well, Crutchfield programed my maestro worn and did not work.
Busted out a laptop and found IE buried and programed it. They also said use the ILX-207 to WRA-207 in menu. Well, does not exist and war-207 worked. Be nice if radio did ....
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara- Hydro Blue Pearl * Dual Top/Premium * AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift * Old Man Emu OME-SD48 SS * TOYO Open Country R/T 35x12.5R18LT * Fuel Anza D55 18" Wheels * PS Brawler Lite Front w/ Skid & Rear Bumper * SMITTYBILT X20-10 Gen 2 Winch w/ Spydersilk line/Factor 55 Flat-Link * A0101 LED Headlights * LED Fogs * Quadratech LED Rear Lights * JWM 4x4 Billet Grill Insert * Teraflex HD Carrier * Rugged Ridge Aluminum Hood Latches * Remote Start * Uniden Bearcat 880 * FireStik FS-4BK 4'
DIRT BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
stitch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 549
The radio doesn't work?

stitch1 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amp Frustrations Crutchfield Useless Holton345 Communications and Electronics 18 07-26-2015 09:06 AM
TJ Wiring harness for 2000 Wrangler? Crutchfield mistake? ZoranZ Communications and Electronics 1 12-10-2014 07:36 PM
Anyone install a Radio from Crutchfield? I just a few quick questionsÖ jigaloo JK General Discussion Forum 12 03-27-2014 12:26 PM
Crutchfield! yzinger02 TJ General Discussion Forum 19 05-07-2012 12:53 PM
Crutchfield Sblanck Communications and Electronics 9 12-23-2010 07:53 PM





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC