ReadyLift 3 x 2 kit - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-18-2014, 05:04 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Ampd X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island , NY
Posts: 133
ReadyLift 3 x 2 kit

This kit was recommended by a local truck shop as a good starter lift. Part # 696000. It is all bracketry & spacers & uses all the OEM springs & shocks & claims to retain the factory ride. It gives 3 inches in the front & 2 inches in the rear & is reasonable in cost compared to other kits that include springs & shocks so it seems like a good choice being my truck is brand new. Has anybody had any experience with this kit ?

Ampd X is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampd X View Post
This kit was recommended by a local truck shop as a good starter lift. Part # 696000. It is all bracketry & spacers & uses all the OEM springs & shocks & claims to retain the factory ride. It gives 3 inches in the front & 2 inches in the rear & is reasonable in cost compared to other kits that include springs & shocks so it seems like a good choice being my truck is brand new. Has anybody had any experience with this kit ?
I've never heard of that brand. That being said, if it is just a set of spacers you can't really go wrong. I would assume that you'll have sway bar links as well, but you can't mess those up really.

3" Coil spacers are really tall. I like the idea of getting rid of the rake with different size spacer front and rear, but 3" is a lot. If you want that much lift and to be level, I would look into a 2.5" Lift Kit that includes coils. Or if you're just looking to level the Jeep and fit 35's or smaller go with the Teraflex Leveling Kit and call it a day.

Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

__________________
Jake R. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts)[COLOR=Red] or Price-Matching!
👉Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel👈
XTJake is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
Supporting Member
 
Daniel_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizoner
Posts: 2,420
I am not too keen on the Ready Lift, mostly cause I do not know much about it. Any budget boost does the same thing the Ready Lift is claiming. I am assuming the shop you went to does mostly pickup trucks and not Jeeps. Ready Lift is popular in the truck community but new to the JK game.

If looking at budget boosts, look at the Rough Country. I don't think you can get much inexpensive than that. 2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit for 07-14 Jeep JK Wrangler | Rough Country Suspension Systems

You will save money with this kit and it will accomplish the same thing.

-Dan
Daniel_M is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Havok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 405
Send a message via Yahoo to Havok
500 bucks for a spacer kit? no thank you, you can get a spring lift for that amount. let me guess they said they could get it at cost and install it in about 4 hours?
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
Havok is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Jeeper
 
Ampd X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island , NY
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRyan View Post
I've never heard of that brand. That being said, if it is just a set of spacers you can't really go wrong. I would assume that you'll have sway bar links as well, but you can't mess those up really.

3" Coil spacers are really tall. I like the idea of getting rid of the rake with different size spacer front and rear, but 3" is a lot. If you want that much lift and to be level, I would look into a 2.5" Lift Kit that includes coils. Or if you're just looking to level the Jeep and fit 35's or smaller go with the Teraflex Leveling Kit and call it a day.

Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
Looks like its similar to the terra flex , that might work too.
Ampd X is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Thread Starter
  #6
Jeeper
 
Ampd X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island , NY
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
500 bucks for a spacer kit? no thank you, you can get a spring lift for that amount. let me guess they said they could get it at cost and install it in about 4 hours?
I was looking at spring lifts but the one I want is out of my budget right now & I wouldn't want to get a cheap one. I'm thinking a really good spacer kit might be better than an inexpensive spring lift
Ampd X is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #7
gsn
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 574
No, dont get that kit. 3 reasons, rear trackbar frame drop bracket, cam bolts and a 3" increase in the front over stock is not 'mild' at all.
gsn is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:50 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Tweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Posts: 6,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampd X View Post
I was looking at spring lifts but the one I want is out of my budget right now & I wouldn't want to get a cheap one. I'm thinking a really good spacer kit might be better than an inexpensive spring lift
there is no such thing as a really good spacer lift, all you get is 4 chunks of plastic and maybe some brackets.
Tweak is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:43 AM   #9
WF Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 53,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsn View Post
no, dont get that kit. 3 reasons, rear trackbar frame drop bracket, cam bolts and a 3" increase in the front over stock is not 'mild' at all.
x2
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
spinlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 37.9° N, 121.7° W
Posts: 5,701
As stated above, an effective lift of 3" in the front is not a mild lift an will impact your suspension and steering geometry and the loading on the joints and driveline. The fact that the kit includes cam bolts for Caster angle correction is dead give away that it is not a mild lift. Stay away from cam bolts.

The truck shop is obviously trying to sell what they have an inventory or make more margin. There are plenty of good 2.0" spacer lifts and even some 2.5" products that put you on the edge of a mild lift.
__________________
"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive."
B. B.
spinlock is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Thread Starter
  #11
Jeeper
 
Ampd X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island , NY
Posts: 133
Pros - 0
Cons -7
Looks like your experience has answered my question.
Thanks to all who offered feedback
I value your opinion & will definitely be choosing a decent spring lift soon
Looks like I'll be parting out my new Rubi shocks & springs soon, & tires shortly after
Ampd X is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Thread Starter
  #13
Jeeper
 
Ampd X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island , NY
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Did you Get a chance to read through this ?

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/ne...jk-298665.html
A lot of useful info right there ! Thanks
Ampd X is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
DeAnda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
I am not too keen on the Ready Lift, mostly cause I do not know much about it. Any budget boost does the same thing the Ready Lift is claiming. I am assuming the shop you went to does mostly pickup trucks and not Jeeps. Ready Lift is popular in the truck community but new to the JK game. If looking at budget boosts, look at the Rough Country. I don't think you can get much inexpensive than that. 2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit for 07-14 Jeep JK Wrangler | Rough Country Suspension Systems You will save money with this kit and it will accomplish the same thing. -Dan
Yep. Better idea for what your wanting right here!

DeAnda is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.