Rotopax Mounting Pattern? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Westcliff
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 469
Rotopax Mounting Pattern?

Making a custom mount to hold Rotopax and I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thought I had a rotopax mount on order through Quadratec but they now are telling me they are back ordered until the middle of the month. Ordered from another company but want to get the mount started for when it arrives.

Can anyone with a Rotopax mount tell me these dimensions?

Thanks!



__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Sport
Dinoot Compact RTT Trailer
Milkman is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,474
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-235072621.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1625402

__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
Milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 469
Thank you sir!
__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Sport
Dinoot Compact RTT Trailer
Milkman is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
okstatejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Making a custom mount to hold Rotopax and I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thought I had a rotopax mount on order through Quadratec but they now are telling me they are back ordered until the middle of the month. Ordered from another company but want to get the mount started for when it arrives.

Can anyone with a Rotopax mount tell me these dimensions?

Thanks!


Glad to know I am not the only one waiting. I got my mount but didn't get the 3 gallon extension that lets you hook two together. I ordered right from Rotopax since they have the deal's on buy one blemished tank, get a second free. I haven't heard an ETA on the piece I am waiting for. I guess they're popular.
__________________
2014 JKUS in the process of emptying every pocket.
okstatejk is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Thank you sir!
no prob
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstatejk View Post
Glad to know I am not the only one waiting. I got my mount but didn't get the 3 gallon extension that lets you hook two together. I ordered right from Rotopax since they have the deal's on buy one blemished tank, get a second free. I haven't heard an ETA on the piece I am waiting for. I guess they're popular.
Really? No idea that existed.

Maybe that why when I ordered one a year ago they sent me an extra blemished one?
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
okstatejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmanvarn View Post
Really? No idea that existed.

Maybe that why when I ordered one a year ago they sent me an extra blemished one?
I just checked their website, it looks like they caught on to what a good deal that was. It was buy one blemished at $70 (vs $85 regular) and they sent you the 2nd one free. I just looked and they are now $50/each for the blemished ones. Glad I jumped on that deal when I did. I can't even find the blemishes on mine.

RotopaX Gas Packs- 1,2,3 and 4 Gallon Gasoline
__________________
2014 JKUS in the process of emptying every pocket.
okstatejk is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #8
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstatejk View Post
I just checked their website, it looks like they caught on to what a good deal that was. It was buy one blemished at $70 (vs $85 regular) and they sent you the 2nd one free. I just looked and they are now $50/each for the blemished ones. Glad I jumped on that deal when I did. I can't even find the blemishes on mine.

RotopaX Gas Packs- 1,2,3 and 4 Gallon Gasoline
Interesting. Here's what happened to me when I order a 2-gallon gas can about a year ago:

1) Ordered a 2-gallon gas can. No special offer. Don't recall seeing anything about blemished items.
2) Box arrives and I open it to find 2, 2-gallon cans. One is pretty marked up on the outside.
3) Call Rotopax and told them the can I ordered was blemished.
4) They sent me another can and told me to just keep the blemished one.

In short, got 3 cans for the price of 1. LOL
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
Milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstatejk View Post
I just checked their website, it looks like they caught on to what a good deal that was. It was buy one blemished at $70 (vs $85 regular) and they sent you the 2nd one free. I just looked and they are now $50/each for the blemished ones. Glad I jumped on that deal when I did. I can't even find the blemishes on mine. RotopaX Gas Packs- 1,2,3 and 4 Gallon Gasoline
Wish I had caught that deal. I ordered the 3 gallon and 2 gallon blemished plus the 3 gallon extender. Wonder how long I'll wait for that.
__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Sport
Dinoot Compact RTT Trailer
Milkman is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
okstatejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmanvarn View Post
Interesting. Here's what happened to me when I order a 2-gallon gas can about a year ago:

1) Ordered a 2-gallon gas can. No special offer. Don't recall seeing anything about blemished items.
2) Box arrives and I open it to find 2, 2-gallon cans. One is pretty marked up on the outside.
3) Call Rotopax and told them the can I ordered was blemished.
4) They sent me another can and told me to just keep the blemished one.

In short, got 3 cans for the price of 1. LOL
Haha, nice! I have been happy with mine so far but haven't found a long enough trail in OK where I actually need them. I get better MPG's in 4lo than I thought I would. But they will come in handy next summer during my week long wheeling trip in southwest Colorado.
__________________
2014 JKUS in the process of emptying every pocket.
okstatejk is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
okstatejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Wish I had caught that deal. I ordered the 3 gallon and 2 gallon blemished plus the 3 gallon extender. Wonder how long I'll wait for that.
IDK, I spoke with Rotopax 2 weeks ago and they didn't have an ETA for my extenders. I am not too worried right now as I don't really need them until July.
__________________
2014 JKUS in the process of emptying every pocket.
okstatejk is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #12
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,474
My gas cans work great with an extender to hold both of them.

One thing is to try to remember to burp them on occasion. They bulge which makes it hard to remount them. The bulge goes away if you let them sit for a day with the cap loose.
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Dusthol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 3,869
How many of you keep gas in them all the time? I get worried about the gas going bad so just run around with them empty.
Dusthol is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #14
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Barmanvarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sherwood, AR
Posts: 5,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusthol View Post
How many of you keep gas in them all the time? I get worried about the gas going bad so just run around with them empty.
When I first got them I had them mounted and full all the time.....cause they're cool! LOL

After a while I started running with them empty.

Now they sit in the garage and I only fill up and mount when going off roading.

If you want to run them filled, go for it. I'd say that when you get low on gas fill your tank from the cans and refill them when you top off the tank at the gas station. Basically a gas rotation. Worked for me as I don't drive much.
__________________
-Brian
2012 Cherry Red JK
TF 2.5 Coils w/ Billstein 5100 Shocks
17x8 Black Rock D-Window Alloys
315/70/17 GY Duratracs
4:56 Gears - LSD in Rear w/ Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
TF HD Diff Covers
Barmanvarn is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
okstatejk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusthol View Post
How many of you keep gas in them all the time? I get worried about the gas going bad so just run around with them empty.
I leave mine empty except on the trail. Actually I am going to the trails this weekend but they will be empty as I am only doing a 5 hour section and know for a fact I won't run out of gas. I would worry about the gas going stale and also people siphoning it out of the tanks.
__________________
2014 JKUS in the process of emptying every pocket.
okstatejk is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Thread Starter
  #16
Jeeper
 
Milkman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 469
Here's how I plan on attaching mine with the dimensions you guys provided.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2378589384.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1627554   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1422603082.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1627562  

__________________
2014 Anvil JKU Sport
Dinoot Compact RTT Trailer
Milkman is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:18 PM   #17
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Try the Axia Alloys mounts on Ebay
samyinaz is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:59 AM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
ATX14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,767
I'm guessing @Milkman figured out the mounting options for the Rotopax since this thread is 2 years old.
__________________
08 JKUR-Bright Silver Metallic/Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor Mid Arm Lift/Poison Spyder Rock Brawler Mid front & rear bumper/Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers/ Warn Zeon 10-S winch/American Racing ATX Series wheels- 37/12.5/17r BF Goodrich KO2/Adams 1310 drive shafts/Yeti tie rod/Synergy flipped drag link & ball joints/Fox ATS 2.0 steering stabilizer/Fox 2.0 dual reservoir CD adjustable shocks/G2 chrome molly front axles/Ten Factory rear axles/Reid Racing Knuckles
ATX14 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #19
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Utah
Posts: 1
In a similar situation, does anyone have this dimension (F)?
Click image for larger version

Name:	f.png
Views:	158
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	3535466

Also, can anyone confirm that the bottom circular plate can come off and you can use just use the dogbone shaped portion by bolting down using the holes of dimension F?
RktCtyRubi likes this.

Westcliff is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.