12-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Treasure Coast of FL
-Wheel set-up is metrically P245/70R17. In standard terms, 17" x 9.65" with 0" offset, 5x5 lug (Worx 803 Beast)
-Stock suspension with 2" front / 1" rear (coil spaced) Mammoth leveling kit
-Daily driven. Off-road light/moderate trails maybe 10% of time.
-Upgrade tire size to 33" x 12.5" while KEEPING the Worx wheels with a 9.65" width.
- 1"- 2" wheel spacers.
1. What size wheel spacers would be ideal for clearance on this set up?
2. Would bead locks be necessary for the odd wheel/tire proportions at standard TP?
3. What size tires would I look into to compensate for the odd wheel/tire proportions, if any?
4. What is the ideal on-road TP I should be looking for to keep the tread wear as even as possible without compromising safety and ability to function?
5. Are there any further steps that you would suggest to better this modification?
I hope that I found the right thread for this topic. I didn't want to be another tire question, but this topic seems to be pretty elusive and I needed some help on it. I am not looking to buy new wheels, but want to widen her stance and tires as much as I can with minimal stress on the Jeep. Thanks for taking a look.
I Jeep wave to UPS trucks.