Wheel Offset - 37/13.5 with 3.5 Lift (4 or 3.75"?) - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RichL35
  • 1 Post By TRBOKEV
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-19-2018, 06:31 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 928
Wheel Offset - 37/13.5 with 3.5 Lift (4 or 3.75"?)

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a set of Trail Ready bead lock wheels, but am still trying to decide on which offset to purchase. Trail ready will make any offset that you want in quarter inch increments. I want to keep the offset under control to prevent excessive wear on the unit bearings, rear flanges etc, but at the same time I don't want rubbing on the frame or control arms at turn and full stuff. I'll be running Synergy control arms which have great bends for tire clearance, so I think the main rub concern will be on the frame rail where it bends out near the body/drivers footwell.
I am proposing to buy 4 inch backspacing, but wanted to see if anyone else is running this combo without problems?

Here is my setup:
3.5" lift (2.5 Rock Krawler springs with 1" pucks on top)
Rancho high steer knuckles with un ground steering stops (have longer steering stop than stock)
37x13.5R17 STT Pro's.
Fully Synergy control arms
Stock Rubicon sway bars

TRBOKEV is online now   Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #2
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RichL35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South Shore, Mass
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOKEV View Post
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a set of Trail Ready bead lock wheels, but am still trying to decide on which offset to purchase. Trail ready will make any offset that you want in quarter inch increments. I want to keep the offset under control to prevent excessive wear on the unit bearings, rear flanges etc, but at the same time I don't want rubbing on the frame or control arms at turn and full stuff. I'll be running Synergy control arms which have great bends for tire clearance, so I think the main rub concern will be on the frame rail where it bends out near the body/drivers footwell.
I am proposing to buy 4 inch backspacing, but wanted to see if anyone else is running this combo without problems?

Here is my setup:
3.5" lift (2.5 Rock Krawler springs with 1" pucks on top)
Rancho high steer knuckles with un ground steering stops (have longer steering stop than stock)
37x13.5R17 STT Pro's.
Fully Synergy control arms
Stock Rubicon sway bars
I run Nitto 37 x 13.5 with a 4.5" backspacing. At full lock I just get contact on my control arms when I articulate at times. I had a set of beadlocks with 3.5" backspacing and they never rubbed ever. I would think if 4" backspacing rubbed it wouldn't often and a slight adjustment of a steering stop would fix it.

__________________
Nemesis is getting an LS this winter with a Motech install kit. Want to see how easy or hard the install is.... Follow here.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/ne...e-2149753.html

What am I up too..? Browse some photos here. (Imgbb link)
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f31/ric...s-2163905.html
RichL35 is online now   Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:10 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL35 View Post
I run Nitto 37 x 13.5 with a 4.5" backspacing. At full lock I just get contact on my control arms when I articulate at times. I had a set of beadlocks with 3.5" backspacing and they never rubbed ever. I would think if 4" backspacing rubbed it wouldn't often and a slight adjustment of a steering stop would fix it.
Thank you for the feedback. Have you ever contacted the frame? (Full stuff hard turn)
I'm actually on 4.5 backspaced wheels right now with my 35's (Same wheels you run), and thought I needed less backspacing with the 37's. (The reason i'm about to spend big bucks on beadlocks)
TRBOKEV is online now   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2018, 10:07 PM   #4
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RichL35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South Shore, Mass
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOKEV View Post
Thank you for the feedback. Have you ever contacted the frame? (Full stuff hard turn)
I'm actually on 4.5 backspaced wheels right now with my 35's (Same wheels you run), and thought I needed less backspacing with the 37's. (The reason i'm about to spend big bucks on beadlocks)
I don't think so.. but I will check. I think just my control arms I've rubbed. I definitely didn't with the KMC beadlocks at 3.5" backspacing.
__________________
Nemesis is getting an LS this winter with a Motech install kit. Want to see how easy or hard the install is.... Follow here.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/ne...e-2149753.html

What am I up too..? Browse some photos here. (Imgbb link)
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f31/ric...s-2163905.html
RichL35 is online now   Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL35 View Post
I don't think so.. but I will check. I think just my control arms I've rubbed. I definitely didn't with the KMC beadlocks at 3.5" backspacing.
If I can keep my current level 8’s it will save me $2300, as I won’t need to buy the beadlocks right now. (Which would be nice as I’ve already spent a boat load)
What control arms are you running up front?

Thanks again for your help with this, I really appreciate it.
TRBOKEV is online now   Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:25 AM   #6
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RichL35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South Shore, Mass
Posts: 2,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOKEV View Post
If I can keep my current level 8’s it will save me $2300, as I won’t need to buy the beadlocks right now. (Which would be nice as I’ve already spent a boat load)
What control arms are you running up front?

Thanks again for your help with this, I really appreciate it.

Currently running Core4x4 arms. They are offset for some clearance but I don't think any more than any other manufacturers arms are. Looking at this picture I don't see any frame rubbing and at this point I had the 37s on it for about a year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170830_064037.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	3968050  
TRBOKEV likes this.
__________________
Nemesis is getting an LS this winter with a Motech install kit. Want to see how easy or hard the install is.... Follow here.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/ne...e-2149753.html

What am I up too..? Browse some photos here. (Imgbb link)
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f31/ric...s-2163905.html
RichL35 is online now   Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:35 AM
Thread Starter
  #7
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL35 View Post
Currently running Core4x4 arms. They are offset for some clearance but I don't think any more than any other manufacturers arms are. Looking at this picture I don't see any frame rubbing and at this point I had the 37s on it for about a year.
That’s great news. Thanks for the checking on this and for posting.
RichL35 likes this.

TRBOKEV is online now   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC