Bars in engine bay, what are they called? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today

Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on
Old 03-21-2016, 05:36 AM
Thread Starter
JackBurton's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 125
Bars in engine bay, what are they called?

Looking at pics of TJ engine bays, i see a lot of pics with bars the run the entire length of the the engine bay, and bolt in, even looking to be adjustable up toward the front end. Are these mission critical? What are they called? They are always painted the primary body color. In the pic I am linking they are clearly visible, the long skinny metal bars. I dont have them, do I need them?

JackBurton is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
DaJeepNotCheap's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hilo, HI
Posts: 646
that's your grill supports. they should be installed
DaJeepNotCheap is offline   Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC. is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.