I need need a replacement PCM - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Digger84
  • 1 Post By Digger84
  • 1 Post By Mattaeus
  • 1 Post By Digger84
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-27-2019, 12:14 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
NODIGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 46
I need need a replacement PCM

Any good leads for new, used or repairs on mine?
Anyone parting out a 2005 LJ Automatic Rubicon?

__________________
2005 Unlimited Rubicon starter kit in the only color I did not want.
NODIGG is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,706
05-06 auto best bet is flagship 1 but they are harder to find and more expensive as time passes as they have a built in heat sensitive failure
More and more 05-06 autos needing one and less and less yet to fail ones available


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NODIGG likes this.

Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
NODIGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 46
Just ordered one from Flagship....thanks for the heads up
__________________
2005 Unlimited Rubicon starter kit in the only color I did not want.
NODIGG is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger84 View Post
05-06 auto best bet is flagship 1 but they are harder to find and more expensive as time passes as they have a built in heat sensitive failure
More and more 05-06 autos needing one and less and less yet to fail ones available


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any idea what FS1 has done to overcome the “built in heat sensitive failure”?
rcroane is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by NODIGG View Post
Just ordered one from Flagship....thanks for the heads up
Make sure and create a new thread to document the results. My PCM from FS1 arrived today so I plan to document the results.
Blort is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:09 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
UnlimitedRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: behind enemy lines fighting the Caliban
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by NODIGG View Post
Any good leads for new, used or repairs on mine?
Home - wranglerfix.com. The proven fix for the 05-06 TJ Wrangler PCM!

UnlimitedRubicon is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 298
It's great to have someone making them new, could last longer than remans. Glad to see they're beginning some customer outreach.
Muffin Top is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:25 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,706
Many claim little reality
There are not any new pcm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rcroane likes this.
Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Mattaeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: ME
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin Top View Post
It's great to have someone making them new, could last longer than remans. Glad to see they're beginning some customer outreach.
WranglerFix is not making new PCMs. They buy compatible junkyard Chrysler PCMs and sell them, programmed according to VIN #.
rcroane likes this.
Mattaeus is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:07 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,706
Yep just scrounging the few yet to fail still flawed PCMs and selling them at a huge markup with a minimal warranty

But note the youtube double talk claiming reverse engineering
Folks if they gotta spin the truth you can’t trust anything they say

But if you are desperate enough they will happily take your money




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rcroane likes this.
Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger84 View Post
Yep just scrounging the few yet to fail still flawed PCMs and selling them at a huge markup with a minimal warranty

But note the youtube double talk claiming reverse engineering
Folks if they gotta spin the truth you can’t trust anything they say

But if you are desperate enough they will happily take your money




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the part where he gets in and drives and claims all is well because there is no CEL. Newsflash.... the codes that are triggered by the hard shift issue don’t activate the CEL.
rcroane is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
UnlimitedRubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: behind enemy lines fighting the Caliban
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger84 View Post
Folks if they gotta spin the truth you can’t trust anything they say
that is the exact philosophy I apply to everything you post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroane View Post
I love the part where he gets in and drives and claims all is well because there is no CEL. Newsflash.... the codes that are triggered by the hard shift issue don’t activate the CEL.
No offense but you are putting words in his mouth. He never says "there's no hard shifting CEL". I had a failed computer with O2 heater codes that could not be resolved. I replaced it with a new MOPAR computer that was programmed by a retired Chrysler mechanic for just over $700 so I don't have a dog in this fight but options are always a good thing. I looked into FS1 and they wanted over $800 for a used computer so they certainly aren't the last word in fixing computer issues.
UnlimitedRubicon is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:44 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,706
No one is fixing them
Some like FS1 do more extensive testing to see if have already failed
Then they all reprogram them including vin and send out the same failure prone unit that based on their testing appears to be functional today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,706
I need need a replacement PCM

The reprogramimg is available for a-small license fee from Chrysler/Jeep as mandated by federal law

However no one has the data to create a new pcm and Chrysler is under no requirement to share that data and doubt the EPA would allow it without prohibitively expensive testing and gov approval


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,706
But unlimited is so attached to his purchase he cannot tolerate any facts that interfere with his delusion
Never cared if mental patients believed the truth and it was their problem not mine

I remember an old judge at the involuntary commitment hearings who let the patient rant a few minutes then told them he could not hear/understand all they said as he did not have his hearing aide but we gotta do what the docs say and then he signed the papers and moved on to the next one




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:52 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 95
I’ve been pretty skeptical of Wrangler Fix, but I’ve been talking with Mark and I’m going to give his product a try. I asked him to share what makes his product different and I can understand why he would not want to disclose that kind of information. I do know that his solution does not start with an ‘05-‘06 PCM, which has convinced me that this is truly a new solution. Mark....sorry about the “snake oil” comment. I’ll be placing my order soon.
rcroane is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:21 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroane View Post
I’ve been talking with Mark and I’m going to give his product a try. I asked him to share what makes his product different and I can understand why he would not want to disclose that kind of information. I do know that his solution does not start with an ‘05-‘06 PCM, which has convinced me that this is truly a new solution. I’ll be placing my order soon.

Thanks for being willing to reconsider. When the aftermarket brings us something special, the more typical response in the forums is hardcore bashing first, ask questions later.
Muffin Top is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:30 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedRubicon View Post
No offense but you are putting words in his mouth. He never says "there's no hard shifting CEL". I had a failed computer with O2 heater codes that could not be resolved. I replaced it with a new MOPAR computer that was programmed by a retired Chrysler mechanic for just over $700 so I don't have a dog in this fight but options are always a good thing. I looked into FS1 and they wanted over $800 for a used computer so they certainly aren't the last word in fixing computer issues.

You nailed it. He really is putting words into the mouth of the vendor. Not surprising, because we've seen related comments in the larger rough-shifting thread.


Generally speaking, a lot of non-professionals tend to be clueless about software engineering. When the vehicle's PCM needs a software update, then for some reason a lot of people want to believe they need the transmission re-built (which doesn't solve the problem for some of them). These same people want to believe that used components are better than new.


There's a one-year warranty, but these people are so desparate to flounder that they want to believe the video was doctored, and they pretend the vendor has made claims that he has not made. These same people, who can't believe there's a non-Fiat solution, don't want to be alone in their failures, so they have to go to the extreme of arguing about the meaning of the term reverse-engineering.


When someone brings us a solution, then they want to believe the video is doctored, and put words in his mouth, and raise other irrelevant issues. In all fairness, I'm sure these people, who believe they've identified a relevant objection to the video, have been taken advantage of many times before.


Leave the PCM engineering, or whatever you want to call it, to those who know what they're doing.
Muffin Top is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:07 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,706
I need need a replacement PCM

A fool born every day
They cannot legally sell a street use non epa approved new made pcm

Thus they play word games and take advantage of your desperation

Facts are facts

If they are not using an original pcm it is not legal

Remember what happed with Volkswagen diesels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:18 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin Top View Post
You nailed it. He really is putting words into the mouth of the vendor. Not surprising, because we've seen related comments in the larger rough-shifting thread.


Generally speaking, a lot of non-professionals tend to be clueless about software engineering. When the vehicle's PCM needs a software update, then for some reason a lot of people want to believe they need the transmission re-built (which doesn't solve the problem for some of them). These same people want to believe that used components are better than new.


There's a one-year warranty, but these people are so desparate to flounder that they want to believe the video was doctored, and they pretend the vendor has made claims that he has not made. These same people, who can't believe there's a non-Fiat solution, don't want to be alone in their failures, so they have to go to the extreme of arguing about the meaning of the term reverse-engineering.


When someone brings us a solution, then they want to believe the video is doctored, and put words in his mouth, and raise other irrelevant issues. In all fairness, I'm sure these people, who believe they've identified a relevant objection to the video, have been taken advantage of many times before.


Leave the PCM engineering, or whatever you want to call it, to those who know what they're doing.
Guess you missed my apology above.

EDIT Just saw your acknowledgement of my apology. All is good.
rcroane is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger84 View Post
A fool born every day
They cannot legally sell a street use non epa approved new made pcm

Thus they play word games and take advantage of your desperation

Facts are facts

If they are not using an original pcm it is not legal

Remember what happed with Volkswagen diesels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No fool here. I considered the “facts” as best I can. This is a reasonably priced potential solution and it is a backup for my currently functioning PCM. So, I’m not desperate as you suggest. Not sure what your dog is in this fight.
rcroane is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:27 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,706
It is a hardware issue not software
But if you want to believe double talk it is your money


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 20
G7 computers will repair it for $225
rafael1966 is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:52 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1966 View Post
G7 computers will repair it for $225
Repair what?
rcroane is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger84 View Post
Remember what happed with Volkswagen diesels

Why all the cheap salesman talk ?


I got the dealership software update five years ago to fix my rough shifting and it's still working great !

Muffin Top is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC