01-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
No Start Condition - Maybe SKIS??
I did what you should never do and bought a jeep with some bad electrical gremlins. Got an amazing deal on it because of this even if I have to put in a new engine I'm ahead.. It is a 05 LJ Rubicon. But now it's my job to fix it.
Here is what I know:
- It ran then one day just stopped and has sat for year
- It doesn't turn over and doesn't send power to the starter but dash lights come on and I'm getting correct voltage from the battery.
- Every fuse and relay has been checked
- OBDII reader will not connect but does get power
- On the dash I get low fuel light (there is fuel in the tank), SKIS Light is on Solid, and Check Engine Light
- When I perform the self-diagnostics I get the following errors: Bus B0, Bus B1 and Open Dash.
- B0 means - The cluster is not receiving a MIL lamp message from the PCM. A DRBIII scan tool is required for further diagnosis. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
- B1 means - The cluster is not receiving a SKIS lamp message from the SKIM. A DRBIII scan tool is required for further diagnosis. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
- Open Panel - The cluster is not receiving an input from the the panel lamps dimmer circuitry of the left multi-function switch on the panel lamps dimmer signal circuit. Repair the open circuit or replace the faulty switch as required.
All this leads me to believe the Jeep is stuck in Security Mode. I know I have two options:
1. Tow to a dealer and have it put on the Scanner to determine what wrong.
2. Get a new PCU that doesn't have the Sentry key enabled and unplug the SKIS module.
Anyone think I'm missing something?
I'm scared to tow it to the dealership because who knows what else is wrong. I feel like there might be another issue but in the process of troubleshooting another owner has tripped the Security.