08-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Join Date: Jun 2017
p0344....save me from the shop
2005 rubicon LJ with Eaton m90 supercharger. One year ago p0016 and maybe another 300 series code popped up. Replaced OPDA and cam sensor as the jeep was up there in miles anyway. Code and limp mode fixed.
fast forward to present day, I cant shake this p0344 code and limp mode. Weekends trouble shooting:
- 4.9V to cam sensor
- continuity in cam sensor ground through PCM
- cam sensor signal output around 2V (micrometer only, not scoped)
- continuity from cam sensor signal to PCM
- continuity from cam sensor signal through secondary ECU (for fueling)
- continuity in ground circuit from PCM to vehicle speed sensor
- continuity in 5V power from PCM to vehicle speed sensor
- visually inspected cam sensor harness, no apparent shorts in cam signal wire or 5V source wire.
- shake test with harness and multimeter for previously listed (trying to find short or open)
- verified cam sensor sync
- aftermarket or OEM cam sensor does not make a difference
- all continuity tests were with the sound setting. Solid even tone was generated for all
- code tripped under light load, 120*F coolant temp.
Any ideas? I haven't checked the crank sensor, but only the ground circuit seems to go through that sensor and ground checks out. Open to suggestions as I don't know what else to do at this point. Jeep is two hours away so every time I go to troubleshoot its an event.