Tire rub w/ RC 3.25 lift & 33X12.5X15s - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-25-2016, 07:09 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Newb
 
dspd204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 4
Tire rub w/ RC 3.25 lift & 33X12.5X15s

Good morning. Just got my 1st Jeep ('04 TJ) and installed the Rough Country 3.25" suspension lift kit and dropped it off to have an alignment done and 33X12.5X15 Goodyear DuraTracs (on stock wheels) put on.

I ordered a set of 1.5" wheel spacers but they haven't arrived yet. Will I really need them?

dspd204 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:32 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
2004jeeptj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspd204 View Post
Good morning. Just got my 1st Jeep ('04 TJ) and installed the Rough Country 3.25" suspension lift kit and dropped it off to have an alignment done and 33X12.5X15 Goodyear DuraTracs (on stock wheels) put on. I ordered a set of 1.5" wheel spacers but they haven't arrived yet. Will I really need them?
yes. It is the back spacing on the factory wheels that will get you. I run 35x12.5x15 tires with 3.75 back spacing and no rub. The factory wheel has a 5.5 inch back space. With your back spacer you will reach a 4 inch backspace which is .25 less than I have.

2004jeeptj is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:54 AM
Thread Starter
  #3
Newb
 
dspd204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 4
Thanks, 2004. So I still may rub even with the spacers?
dspd204 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Skrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspd204 View Post
Thanks, 2004. So I still may rub even with the spacers?
I run 33 x 12.5 x 15" GY MT/R on my stock Ravine wheels and 1.5" Synergy wheel spacers and don't have any rubbing issues. You should be fine.
Skrow is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:03 AM
Thread Starter
  #5
Newb
 
dspd204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrow View Post
I run 33 x 12.5 x 15" GY MT/R on my stock Ravine wheels and 1.5" Synergy wheel spacers and don't have any rubbing issues. You should be fine.
Great! I hope to know for sure by this afternoon. Thanks for the input & have a great weekend and Happy Easter!
dspd204 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.