Wet floor - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Tech Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Belfry
Posts: 4
Wet floor

Every time it rains passenger side floor fills with water

d.stafford is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
UFOtestpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 2,294

__________________
For some, it is easier to kill the light inside of themselves than it is to fight the darkness all around them.
UFOtestpilot is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake Murray, South Carolina
Posts: 2,173
I recently purchased a 2004 Wrangler and when it rains or I wash it I have no leaks. I can't it but am glad. Where it is I would think UFO has it. Good luck
Lakeman1 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
thedawgshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pittsboro, Indiana
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemam View Post
I recently purchased a 2004 Wrangler and when it rains or I wash it I have no leaks. I can't it but am glad. Where it is I would think UFO has it. Good luck
What the heck is that supposed to mean?

As far as a wet floor when it rains, try this......

First take off the wiper arms. There is a clip on each of them. Just use a straight blade screwdriver and pull down a little on the clips and then pull the arms straight off.



Then remove the screws on the outside of the cowl and 2 that are between the hood and the cowl. Look around and you will find them.



Towards the front by the hood, you will see a rectangular or long oval drain. Run something long and thin down the drain and move it around well. Then find the bottom of the tube, down the firewall and a little tough to get your hand on but you can do it and pinch the sides. You should have some stuff fall out to the floor. As you can see by the next picture, it does not take much to clog up the tube and make it overflow into the cab area.




I did this about 2 months ago and now my floor board is always dry when it rains. I hope this works for you. It is a very common thing with TJ's.

Also, My last name is Stafford. Where are you located?
__________________
Jeff "DAWG" Stafford
------------------------
George Washington did not use his right of free speech to defeat the British. He shot them!!!!
thedawgshow is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake Murray, South Carolina
Posts: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedawgshow View Post
What the heck is that supposed to mean?

As far as a wet floor when it rains, try this......

First take off the wiper arms. There is a clip on each of them. Just use a straight blade screwdriver and pull down a little on the clips and then pull the arms straight off.



Then remove the screws on the outside of the cowl and 2 that are between the hood and the cowl. Look around and you will find them.



Towards the front by the hood, you will see a rectangular or long oval drain. Run something long and thin down the drain and move it around well. Then find the bottom of the tube, down the firewall and a little tough to get your hand on but you can do it and pinch the sides. You should have some stuff fall out to the floor. As you can see by the next picture, it does not take much to clog up the tube and make it overflow into the cab area.




I did this about 2 months ago and now my floor board is always dry when it rains. I hope this works for you. It is a very common thing with TJ's.

Also, My last name is Stafford. Where are you located?
That means that with a four piece top its a wonder they don't all leak but luckily they don't and that I agree with UFO as far as a place to start. It was just a quick and short reply, what part did you not understand?
Lakeman1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
thedawgshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pittsboro, Indiana
Posts: 1,929
Hahahahahaha!!!!! Right on, I just couldn't figure out the shorthand.
__________________
Jeff "DAWG" Stafford
------------------------
George Washington did not use his right of free speech to defeat the British. He shot them!!!!
thedawgshow is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
commodore_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 538
Additionally, some folks have found that the seal around the actual plastic airbox within the cowl (passenger side) fails over time and caulking that up can help.
commodore_dude is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake Murray, South Carolina
Posts: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedawgshow View Post
Hahahahahaha!!!!! Right on, I just couldn't figure out the shorthand.

Whoops I see the short hand now, sorry about that. With me you have to read between the lines and above them...
Lakeman1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
thedawgshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pittsboro, Indiana
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore_dude View Post
Additionally, some folks have found that the seal around the actual plastic airbox within the cowl (passenger side) fails over time and caulking that up can help.
I have heard that too. D.Stafford, that is that big square hole on the passenger side in the pics.
__________________
Jeff "DAWG" Stafford
------------------------
George Washington did not use his right of free speech to defeat the British. He shot them!!!!
thedawgshow is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake Murray, South Carolina
Posts: 2,173
I tried to remove the wipers today and pushed and pulled the clip and it would not move. Which way does it go? Thanks
Lakeman1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:16 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
thedawgshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pittsboro, Indiana
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemam View Post
I tried to remove the wipers today and pushed and pulled the clip and it would not move. Which way does it go? Thanks
Hahahahahaha!!!! I bet you didn't pull the arm to the up position or what ever you would call it first. Then take a screw driver and pull the clip down. It should move with out much of a fight. There are lots of threads on this, but since I am here, here are some pics.

Wiper arm up and screw driver in place.....



Then push down on the clip.......



Does not move a lot, but enough to let you pull the arm off. It will take you a couple of times to put it back on straight though.
__________________
Jeff "DAWG" Stafford
------------------------
George Washington did not use his right of free speech to defeat the British. He shot them!!!!
thedawgshow is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake Murray, South Carolina
Posts: 2,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedawgshow View Post
Hahahahahaha!!!! I bet you didn't pull the arm to the up position or what ever you would call it first. Then take a screw driver and pull the clip down. It should move with out much of a fight. There are lots of threads on this, but since I am here, here are some pics.

Wiper arm up and screw driver in place.....



Then push down on the clip.......



Does not move a lot, but enough to let you pull the arm off. It will take you a couple of times to put it back on straight though.
You are correct, I did not pull it out away from the windshield, didn't know I needed to.
Lakeman1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
04RubiconFamilyFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 45
I was having the same exact thing. I RTV sealed the Cowl intake box and made sure my drain was clear. That wasn't my issue. Check my other post. It took a while to find the leak https://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/he...ak-757377.html the water leaks in and pools on the passenger side front floor pan.

04RubiconFamilyFun is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.